God Exists: An Open Debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 06:26 PM
RE: God Exists: An Open Debate
(21-10-2012 07:48 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 02:05 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Perhaps Egor just isn't ready yet. I find his propositions eerily familiar. I also find the logic offered to back them equally familiar. This is about where I was maybe 5-6 years ago. Maybe this is all just part of the process of letting go. Perhaps in a few more years he will understand more of what folks here are trying to tell. I hope so.

Until then, Egor, I will leave you with this thought:

A vast cosmic universal all-encompassing super-consciousness is a pretty incredible claim. A paramecium that seems to learn from stimuli, not so much. Small beans, man. What else ya got?

I will say this though, it's been enlightening reading your posts. It's like a rear view mirror for me. I see much of my younger self in you, philosophically speaking. Please, expound.

I know, you're so much further along than I am. Maybe one day I can reach the heights you've climbed.

Look, idiot: atheism is irrational. Religion is irrational. Atheism is a religion based on beliefs in things that have no proof. My belief in God is a rational, non-religious belief. So don't fuck off mad, just fuck off. Shy

Ladies and gents, it is official! I have been deflowered on TTA forums! This is my first insult! /me bows

Now, if you will all excuse me, I shall be very busy dispassionately fucking off, thank you.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2012, 06:31 PM
(22-10-2012 06:26 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 07:48 PM)Egor Wrote:  I know, you're so much further along than I am. Maybe one day I can reach the heights you've climbed.

Look, idiot: atheism is irrational. Religion is irrational. Atheism is a religion based on beliefs in things that have no proof. My belief in God is a rational, non-religious belief. So don't fuck off mad, just fuck off. Shy

Ladies and gents, it is official! I have been deflowered on TTA forums! This is my first insult! /me bows

Now, if you will all excuse me, I shall be very busy dispassionately fucking off, thank you.

It's about fucking time, you asshat!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-10-2012, 07:20 PM
I ain't insulted the smurf yet?? Shit, I thought I initiated you ages ago.

Well at least I liked the way Egor told you to hit the bricks. The "don't fuck off mad, just fuck off" line was hilarious. You gotta admit, he zinged ya good.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-10-2012, 08:43 PM
God Exists: An Open Debate
(22-10-2012 07:20 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I ain't insulted the smurf yet?? Shit, I thought I initiated you ages ago.

Well at least I liked the way Egor told you to hit the bricks. The "don't fuck off mad, just fuck off" line was hilarious. You gotta admit, he zinged ya good.

Indubitably, good sir (or madam). Indubitably!

[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
23-10-2012, 01:48 AM

(22-10-2012 04:54 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Go to Thethinkingatheist.com main page. We gratefully accept donations.

If you do make a donation, be sure to send me a message with the email you used to donate. Then I can acknowledge your donation accordingly.

Will do.

(22-10-2012 06:03 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Egor, do you have a response to my take on paramecium "memory" and consciousness?

Apparently not.

Quote:I would like to point out that the authors of the study you like conducted a second study and did not observe the same things, so this might not actually be a real phenomenon at all

Not true. That second study was an attempt to further train the paramecium in a more complex task, but it failed. I guess you can only ask a paramecium to do so much.

Quote:, but if it is I think my point about chemical reactions involving proteins being able to perform actions fundamentally similar to simple transistor-based logic, and transistor logic is capable of exhibiting memory and "decision-making" behavior with as few as ten transistors, and can exhibit very complex behavior given a few dozens of transistors to work with. I'm not talking microprocessor level complexity.

Yeah, but we do it without electronics.

(22-10-2012 06:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Does buying something from the TTA Online store still count? I think Egor should get a cool TTA Coffee Mug or T-shirt. Big Grin

There's a store. Shocking I would like a coffee mug.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
23-10-2012, 11:58 AM
(21-10-2012 07:48 PM)Egor Wrote:  I know, you're so much further along than I am. Maybe one day I can reach the heights you've climbed.

On a more serious note, have I genuinely offended you? If I have I offer you my apologies. It was never my intention to offend you with that comment. Also, Phaedrus is right, I was condescending and that was also not my intention. For that I also apologize.

I'll do my best to be more respectful in future. I am still learning too. Apparently I have a lot more to learn that I had supposed.Blush

[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
24-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I do so enjoy it when Egor ignores how people define themselves in order to use his personal definitions. In his set of definitions atheism is A) a religion and B) irrational by his assertion that religions are irrational. What of atheism if it is not a religion? Do you just enjoy watching atheists react when they are told they are religious? Does anything you say make any sense with respect to the question of atheism if instead of using that term I just say I am absent of a belief in a god? What about that statement is religious, or dogmatic?

Evolve
31-10-2012, 08:51 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND the open debate has closed upon itself?

Evolve
31-10-2012, 08:52 AM
(31-10-2012 08:51 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND the open debate has closed upon itself?
There was a debate? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
31-10-2012, 08:53 AM
I missed it too.

Evolve