God Exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 02:01 AM
RE: God Exists
(23-02-2012 12:41 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(21-02-2012 09:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  Excuse me. Are you saying the past exists? Where? We don’t need experts or peer reviewed papers and we don’t need to debate what a clock is really doing. What we need to come to an understanding of is the past. You say it exists in reality—where?

I can't believe nobody has called you on your flawed concept of time. Are you saying that time doesn't exist because it can't be seen? Because you don't know where it is physically? The mere fact that I am responding to your post is proof. Your post HAD to occur BEFORE this one for this one to exist. Time is simply the sequential occurrences of events. Or more specifically, the is becoming the was, the now becoming the then. Your post and my post didn't occur simultaneously, or I would have no pre-existing text to expound on. Likewise, you will read what I am saying right NOW at this very moment, and subsequentially react to it at a point later than now.

And if all this isn't doing it for you, TIME CAN BE SCIENTIFICALLY MEASURED.

Time = Distance/Velocity (Speed)

So an object travelling 10 miles at 2 mph will take 5 hours. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, Time is a term that exists scientifically, not just philosophically.

Well, it isn't really that simple, and I suppose it's understandable for Egor (and the rest of us including, frankly, me) to be confused about the nature of time and its relationship to space.

The truth is, your equation for time is missing a factor of 1 / sqrt(1 - velocity^2 / lightspeed^2)...and even that is in the absence of acceleration due to forces like gravity. That is to say, the passage of time for you is faster than the passage of time for someone moving past you quickly (as you observe it)...and to compensate for this phenomenon, distances are shorter for them than for you. In fact, the only real constant in the whole equation is the speed of light, which is the same in all frames of reference. This is utterly mind-blowing, and yet it actually is how the universe appears to work. The fact that it's weird and complicated makes it really tempting to think about it philosophically.

Frankly, I don't think any of us here is equipped to address a question like "does the past exist and, if so, where." It may in fact be an ill-posed question.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 03:22 AM
(21-02-2012 04:51 PM)Reactor Wrote:  Egor please explain what do you mean by consciousness when you define god.
I am not too good with abstract ideas.

Could you please Egor respond to my question? Sad
23-02-2012, 06:39 AM
You're asking the wrong question Egor.

It's not "Where does the past exist?"

It's "When does the past exist?"

And the answer is, in the past! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
23-02-2012, 08:38 AM
(22-02-2012 12:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  Perhaps, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t answered prayer. Everything you said above is 100% accurate. But that doesn’t really matter, does it? It matters only if I am trying to prove to you that God exists. But this was related to a question about why I believed God exists. And for everything you’ve said, you will admit that you don’t know what the circumstances are, and you weren’t there. Right?
You're completely right, it could have been an answered prayer. It could have been coincidence. It could have been almost any number of things.
It's like trying to solve x+y=z. An equation is pointless if everything is a variable.

And, no, I don't know what the exact circumstances are. No one every completely does.
But in my example, I can walk around believing that my sneeze felled the towers if those are the only 2 pieces of information I have. And it might be a very logical conclusion.
But, if over time more info comes in, photos, videos, eyewitness testimony from 100s of witnesses, that saw planes crash into the towers, then I should be evaluating my initial conclusion.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
23-02-2012, 08:56 AM
(23-02-2012 12:25 AM)Egor Wrote:  Okay, so even though I’ve explained it to you, even though I’ve shown you the definitions from the most accepted dictionary in the United States, you are going to call it pantheism.

I know it's pointless for me to even try to point out your horribly flawed logic... but here goes...

pantheism
a doctrine that equates God with the forces and laws of the universe
God is all in everything. Everything that happens is God. Everything that is is God.

monism
a view that there is only one kind of ultimate substance
You say that substance is God. So, God is all in everything. Everything that happens is God. Everything that is is God.

Let's not also forget that monism is a "denomination" of pantheism. That's an actual fact.

(23-02-2012 01:23 AM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 12:25 AM)Egor Wrote:  You’re a Christian and an atheist.

Derp.

2nd'd

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-02-2012, 09:43 AM

(23-02-2012 12:25 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 01:15 PM)Denicio Wrote:  WHO are these Atheist Scientists you claim said this? Please share with us the direct quotes. And what are these "Any Theories" they pull out of their ass to use as a way to replace god?

Denicio, it was hyperbole.

Hyperbole ( /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή, 'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.[2]

Great, i am glad you finally answered it. GUYS this guy is SO full of shit his eyes are brown. If you read his original statement on this, it was stated as fact. There was NO exaggeration in the statement.

Therefore everything Ego states is Hyperbole!

Now that he's admitted his SOLID facts and STATEMENTS are nothing but pure conjecture and Hyperbole i am officially done with this guy and i'd encourage the rest of you to ignore him too. He'll 'claim' the truth, but when pressed its not really what he was saying.....constantly moving the target to suit him. Kinda like his new fangled religion.

Ego, no i don't have a 'thing' for YOU, i have a THING for YOUR TYPE of typical Christian blanket statements. Like Palin, you just make shit up as fact and leave it as such until challenged. You proved to me and the forum you are nothing but hot air.
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Also... you can't "deconvert" from Christianity to your Star Trek religion. Apparently, your Star Trek baloney revolves around Christ thus becomes Christianity.

Your Christianity is heresy.

23-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Man KC ever since your pastor called you a heretic you've gone off the rails on a crazy train.

Please let's stop this association of egors religion with star trek. I like star trek and I feel it is being poorly represented. I say we all go watch some next gen right now and ask ourselves what would Picard do?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
23-02-2012, 12:09 PM
(23-02-2012 11:37 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Man KC ever since your pastor called you a heretic you've gone off the rails on a crazy train.

Please let's stop this association of egors religion with star trek. I like star trek and I feel it is being poorly represented. I say we all go watch some next gen right now and ask ourselves what would Picard do?

You're right, we need to watch some Next Gen and get re-grounded in real life. None of this crazy Sci-fi nonsense that KC and Egor are talkin'.
23-02-2012, 12:38 PM
(23-02-2012 11:37 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Man KC ever since your pastor called you a heretic you've gone off the rails on a crazy train.

You're right. I shouldn't insult Star Trek like that... but... it's just that he named his religion after something in Star Trek.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post