God Exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 12:59 PM

RE: God Exists
(23-02-2012 12:41 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I can't believe nobody has called you on your flawed concept of time. Are you saying that time doesn't exist because it can't be seen? Because you don't know where it is physically? The mere fact that I am responding to your post is proof. Your post HAD to occur BEFORE this one for this one to exist. Time is simply the sequential occurrences of events. Or more specifically, the is becoming the was, the now becoming the then. Your post and my post didn't occur simultaneously, or I would have no pre-existing text to expound on. Likewise, you will read what I am saying right NOW at this very moment, and subsequentially react to it at a point later than now.

And if all this isn't doing it for you, TIME CAN BE SCIENTIFICALLY MEASURED.

Time = Distance/Velocity (Speed)

So an object travelling 10 miles at 2 mph will take 5 hours. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, Time is a term that exists scientifically, not just philosophically.

I wrote my post in the past, but you read it in the present moment. The past exists in the memory, and ultimately in the memory of God, but we are not in the past. Even in our next phase of existence, should we resurrect something from the past—a lost pet, for example—we will still be in the eternal present moment. We are always in the eternal present moment. Time is a part of the “physical” illusion.

That’s my mystical response anyway.

(23-02-2012 01:12 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  At the very best all you are essentially adopting is the Deist position whereby God is seen as the Prime Mover.

O.k. I have no quibbles about an intial condition leading to evolutionary expansion, and if you wish to add a heap of pseudo spiritual comnnotations then perhaps you are best described as a pseudo (regressive?) Deist.

Mongerel breeds are rampant within Christendom.

I have no problem being a mongrel. Jesus was, and all who are in Christ are for we are all one. But I am not a deist. I am sure that God is at this moment holding all things in existence and drawing all people to Himself.

(23-02-2012 03:22 AM)Reactor Wrote:  Egor please explain what do you mean by consciousness when you define god.
I am not too good with abstract ideas.
Consciousness is a state of being consisting of self-awareness, memory and will. It is the primary state of being as it relates to God who is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness.

Do you have any ideas on this? You say you aren’t too good with abstract ideas, which makes me think you are mentally retarded, which is why I didn’t answer you in the first place. If all you can do is think concretely, then you need to be cared for. You are not in a position, mentally, to handle the deeper understanding of God.

(23-02-2012 11:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also... you can't "deconvert" from Christianity to your Star Trek religion. Apparently, your Star Trek baloney revolves around Christ thus becomes Christianity.

Your Christianity is heresy.

What’s all this Star Trek stuff? And Veridicanism is all that’s going to be left standing when the atheists finish with Christianity. Every day, Christianity grows weaker in influence, and it fills me with joy to see it die. Because when atheism is full of the carcass of Christianity, Veridicanism will feast on the atheists.

I cannot believe you can’t discern the signs of the times. Veridicanism is the second coming of Christ.

(23-02-2012 11:37 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You're right. I shouldn't insult Star Trek like that... but... it's just that he named his religion after something in Star Trek.

I think I know Star Trek pretty well, and I can’t fathom when the term “Veridican” was ever used.
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Star Trek

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 01:04 PM

(23-02-2012 01:10 AM)believeinreality Wrote:  According to your bible: EZEKIEL 20:26 Israel rebelled, and God’s punishment was sobering. "I let them become defiled through their gifts- the sacrifice of every firstborn- that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the Lord."

Because this isn't some type of hell? Why would anyone want to be accepting of a being who is so full of themselves that they would do this to humans just to fill some need of self-importance?Dodgy

Why do you have a problem with that? You don't believe the god of the Old Testament exists. Maybe Ezekiel got it wrong. Why do you have to be a Christian or a Jew to believe in the One who created you as an utterly unique individual in the universe.

Why don't you seek God instead of letting others lead you around?
(23-02-2012 01:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Star Trek

You know, first it was the whole monism vs. pantheism thing. Now it's this. Are you intellectually challenged?

Veridian is the name of several different companies, and the Star Trek reference.

Veridican is one who follows after that which is true. Let me spell it out:

Veridical = true
-an = a follower
-ism = a doctrine

Veridicanism = The doctrine of those who follow that which is true.
23-02-2012, 01:18 PM
(23-02-2012 01:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  You know, first it was the whole monism vs. pantheism thing.

Of which, you're still wrong.

Quote:Veridian is the name of several different companies, and the Star Trek reference.

Veridican is one who follows after that which is true. Let me spell it out:

Veridical = true
-an = a follower
-ism = a doctrine

Veridicanism = The doctrine of those who follow that which is true.

Okay, I'll concede that point. Erxomai linked this and I found it amusing. Now, that you've debunked it, we know that it's not true.

This is proof that you are capable of presenting a logical argument and have the ability to clearly and completely abolish a false statement brought against you. So far, this is your only success. So, what's the deal?

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-02-2012, 01:34 PM
You misquoted me and it offends me somehow.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
23-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Egor, is it really necessary to call people mentally retarded and intellectually challenged?

Please let's have this discussion with less vitriol and personal jabs.

If you can't break down an abstract idea without being insulting then maybe you need to consider who much Christ you are. I don't recall him being condescending in any one of the four Gospels.
23-02-2012, 02:00 PM
(23-02-2012 01:58 PM)kineo Wrote:  maybe you need to consider who much Christ you are. I don't recall him being condescending in any one of the four Gospels.

Already had this discussion with him.

Apparently, he reads a different Bible than everyone else because he says that Jesus was really harsh and mean to non-believers.

23-02-2012, 02:25 PM
A hear ya...

Jesus was depicted as being direct about sin, but not talking to people like they were mentally incapable of understanding. If I recall correctly, the only times he flew off the handle was when he went table flipping in the temple and when he killed a fig tree for being out of season for fruit.
23-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah... the only times he displayed righteous anger was towards the religious elite for their heresy... ironic, eh?

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-02-2012, 02:53 PM

(23-02-2012 01:58 PM)kineo Wrote:  Egor, is it really necessary to call people mentally retarded and intellectually challenged?

Please let's have this discussion with less vitriol and personal jabs.

If you can't break down an abstract idea without being insulting then maybe you need to consider who much Christ you are. I don't recall him being condescending in any one of the four Gospels.

Kineo, he's just a typical atheist. Remember? Thats what so richly ironic about all of this...what he accuses atheist of...he is EXACTLY that. What a joke.
(23-02-2012 02:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah... the only times he displayed righteous anger was towards the religious elite for their heresy... ironic, eh?

I've told all of you time after time egor is reading out of the WWE New Testament.
AND not only that, the KJV was not good enough for him that he went rouge and created his own bible...so ANYTHING is impossible when you have someone making the rules up as he goes along.

I found this translation of John 3:16 from the WWE New Testament that he reads:
"For The Undertaker so loved the world, that he smack downed his only begotten son, that whosoever wont listen to him shall get a pile driver off the top rope and insulted on PPV"

You see..its much different than anything WE are accustomed to.

Here is the question that is BEGGING to be asked. Why are you guys even still having discussion with this guy? He's rewritten the bible to suit his needs. NOTHING you can argue can combat him. He's just keeps moving the target when it feels right or he gets cornered. Until you have actually read his changes then nothing really applies.

I wonder if he'll post a free copy for us to all read, observe and become disciples.