God Exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 03:13 PM

RE: God Exists
(23-02-2012 01:34 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You misquoted me and it offends me somehow.

You're correct. Sorry about that. I don't have the ability to go back and fix it.
(23-02-2012 01:58 PM)kineo Wrote:  Egor, is it really necessary to call people mentally retarded and intellectually challenged?

Please let's have this discussion with less vitriol and personal jabs.

Bite me.
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 03:20 PM
(23-02-2012 03:13 PM)Egor Wrote:  Bite me.

lol Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 03:28 PM

Edited out because of my idiot fumbling of quote tags.
23-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Well Egor, the jabs seriously discredit everything you say.

One may be inclined to engage in debate with you - but not if it turns into a circus like what the current US politicians call debate.

People who resort to jabs and insults tend to be insecure individuals - so then I conclude you are not sure of what you are saying and hence a debate is useless.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-02-2012, 03:32 PM
(23-02-2012 03:28 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 02:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah... the only times he displayed righteous anger was towards the religious elite for their heresy... ironic, eh?

KC, if Jesus were here, you'd hang him on a cross in a minute. You'd be all behind the government burning his house down with a hundred innocent people in it. You'd be all for bringing back public execution. You think you wouldn't, but that's because you don't know Christ. You think you do, but you don't. The minute he said, believe in me or burn in hell. You'd run the other way.

Quote:Here is the question that is BEGGING to be asked. Why are you guys even still having discussion with this guy?

Don't you know? Because they already defeated you a long time ago. You're no threat to them or what they believe. They know your story and they've dismissed it, and you accept them dismissing it. They can see, just as I can, that you want to be one of them. They already got you. They're in this thing for the kill, and they can't seem to kill me. You, they killed a long time ago.

Quote:I wonder if he'll post a free copy for us to all read, observe and become disciples.

Sorry, KC, you can't be my disciple. I am not the leader of Veridicanism. All who are Veridican become born again into the substance of Christ. They become one with Christ and thus one in Christ. And Christ has no leader but God, the Father.

And this book that is at the printer now, I don't think it's going to convert people, per se. It is a synthesis of the four New Testament Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas. It contains the teachings of Christ as they should be presented in the modern age. I suppose that could lead to some conversions, but it's really just a Bible.

Having said that, it is the official scripture of the Veridican religion. And, no, it won't be free. Why should it be? You don't need it. Anyone who's interested in Veridicanism isn't going to have a probelm with 9.99 USD. I pay a lot more than that for atheist books.

What is free, KC, is my ongoing communications with you.

Still getting outsmarted by quote tags, I see.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-02-2012, 03:33 PM

(23-02-2012 03:28 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 02:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah... the only times he displayed righteous anger was towards the religious elite for their heresy... ironic, eh?

KC, if Jesus were here, you'd hang him on a cross in a minute. You'd be all behind the government burning his house down with a hundred innocent people in it. You'd be all for bringing back public execution. You think you wouldn't, but that's because you don't know Christ. You think you do, but you don't. The minute he said, believe in me or burn in hell. You'd run the other way.

Quote:Here is the question that is BEGGING to be asked. Why are you guys even still having discussion with this guy?

Don't you know? Because they already defeated you a long time ago. You're no threat to them or what they believe. They know your story and they've dismissed it, and you accept them dismissing it. They can see, just as I can, that you want to be one of them. They already got you. They're in this thing for the kill, and they can't seem to kill me. You, they killed a long time ago.

Quote:I wonder if he'll post a free copy for us to all read, observe and become disciples.

Sorry, KC, you can't be my disciple. I am not the leader of Veridicanism. All who are Veridican become born again into the substance of Christ. They become one with Christ and thus one in Christ. And Christ has no leader but God, the Father.

And this book that is at the printer now, I don't think it's going to convert people, per se. It is a synthesis of the four New Testament Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas. It contains the teachings of Christ as they should be presented in the modern age. I suppose that could lead to some conversions, but it's really just a Bible.

Having said that, it is the official scripture of the Veridican religion. And, no, it won't be free. Why should it be? You don't need it. Anyone who's interested in Veridicanism isn't going to have a probelm with 9.99 USD. I pay a lot more than that for atheist books.

What is free, KC, is my ongoing communications with you.

Hey KC, whats even funnier is Ego has no idea who he is replying to. His reply should have been to me (free bible/Disciple) but he said KC. This guy is in need of the very help he provides at his mental hospital, it seems.

Koo koo....Koo koo.....
23-02-2012, 03:44 PM

(23-02-2012 03:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well Egor, the jabs seriously discredit everything you say.

One may be inclined to engage in debate with you - but not if it turns into a circus like what the current US politicians call debate.

People who resort to jabs and insults tend to be insecure individuals - so then I conclude you are not sure of what you are saying and hence a debate is useless.

Oh, lighten up.

(23-02-2012 03:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Still getting outsmarted by quote tags, I see.

Indeed.Angry
23-02-2012, 04:35 PM
(23-02-2012 12:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 03:22 AM)Reactor Wrote:  Egor please explain what do you mean by consciousness when you define god.
I am not too good with abstract ideas.
Consciousness is a state of being consisting of self-awareness, memory and will. It is the primary state of being as it relates to God who is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness.

Do you have any ideas on this? You say you aren’t too good with abstract ideas, which makes me think you are mentally retarded, which is why I didn’t answer you in the first place. If all you can do is think concretely, then you need to be cared for. You are not in a position, mentally, to handle the deeper understanding of God.
Sorry, but I am one of the few people that are not insulting you and taking your religion seriously and what you just did there wasn't cool. I think you misunderstood me, it has nothing to do with abstract and concretely thinking.
By abstract ideas i meant an idea that can be interpreted in many different ways, so depending on the context in which the word is used the definition is altered.
[+] 1 user Likes Reactor's post
23-02-2012, 04:45 PM

(23-02-2012 04:35 PM)Reactor Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 12:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 03:22 AM)Reactor Wrote:  Egor please explain what do you mean by consciousness when you define god.
I am not too good with abstract ideas.
Consciousness is a state of being consisting of self-awareness, memory and will. It is the primary state of being as it relates to God who is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness.

Do you have any ideas on this? You say you aren’t too good with abstract ideas, which makes me think you are mentally retarded, which is why I didn’t answer you in the first place. If all you can do is think concretely, then you need to be cared for. You are not in a position, mentally, to handle the deeper understanding of God.
Sorry, but I am one of the few people that are not insulting you and taking your religion seriously and what you just did there wasn't cool. I think you misunderstood me, it has nothing to do with abstract and concretely thinking.
By abstract ideas i meant an idea that can be interpreted in many different ways, so depending on the context in which the word is used the definition is altered.

Keep in mind this is a Nurse that works with the mentally challanged....he claims compassion. I simply dont see it anywhere in any of his posts. If he does act compassionatly at work, then its clear he lives a double life.

And to think he got his panties in a wad about how 'typical atheists' are insulting.

Guess we need to welcome Egor into the baby eating fold! Although i'd be ashamed to have him if he acted like this for the atheist cause.
23-02-2012, 05:03 PM
(23-02-2012 12:25 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 06:47 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  Our brains are fueled by a steady stream of chemicals and hormones, and as I mentioned before, are very susceptible to a plethora of glitches, problems, and false perceptions. Our personal experiences are constantly clouded and manipulated by things like personal biases, confirmation bias, false or tweaked memories, and made-up input, amongst other things. Our sight and other senses are easily deceived. We can hear things that aren't there (or the reverse: not hear things when we are distracted.) We see things that aren't there, or again the reverse: miss things that are right in front of us.

The way we can do something about this, and fight against it, is by using the scientific method to examine reality and determine what is real. The scientific method is the best tool we've come up with for figuring out what is true and what isn't.

I agree. Completely. All I’m asking is what is it that is being fooled by all these problems with the brain and mind? It’s a simple question. Of course the implications of the answer are staggering, but it’s a simple enough question.
I'm not sure I understand your question.

We are what (or more appropriately, who) is being fooled. People. Persons. The collection of cells, organs, and brain functions that make up individuals.

Unless you have a different answer, which it sounds like you do.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.