God Exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2012, 09:34 PM
RE: God Exists
(26-02-2012 08:39 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Those who speak for god overlook simultaneity, but Ecclesiastes did not - let yer words be few, it says. Wink

You are full of wisdom! Now if only I could understand you most of the time. Wink

(26-02-2012 09:18 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(26-02-2012 09:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have only been visiting this forum a couple weeks and already there is a name that pops up that makes my eye twitch...must avoid Egor threads...

Hence the name 'eyegore' Big Grin

I've taken to calling him He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named because Erxomai got mad at us for quoting him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2012, 09:39 PM
(26-02-2012 09:34 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(26-02-2012 08:39 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Those who speak for god overlook simultaneity, but Ecclesiastes did not - let yer words be few, it says. Wink

You are full of...

something... Gwynnies! Fulla the Gwynnies. Wink

[Image: ellen_13.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Hey, you are all messing with my question to Egor. You can not talk to him like the way you do, you need to use his game, if you expect him to ever return here and reply to any of you...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
28-02-2012, 10:12 AM
(19-02-2012 02:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  I believe God as defined below exists and exists necessarily. I'm willing to pull out all the stops if there is anyone out there willing to take on the debate and argue that this God is not necessary.

I would say, given the limits of human knowledge, I'd be willing to settle for just an agreement that such a being is more likely to exist than not. But if anyone is capable of shooting down my faith in God, I want to experience that. So, here it is:

God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness.

This being the case He existed prior to the universe, everything in the universe is made from His substance, and that substance is ultimately consciousness.

If you agree with me, please let me know. If you don't, please say why.

I do not agree with you because.
1 - You have NO evidence other than stuff you pull directly out of your butt which is meaningless.
2 - God is not necessary. The world currently works and acts just like there is no god. It DOES operate just like if religious folks were making shit up as they go along.
Considering the lack of evidence for ANY miracles or any supernatural things to have ever happened, this supports the idea that god is not around here.
Since no god is needed to run things here and nothing indicates that there is any intervention, then that alone is enough to indicate that god is likely to NOT exist as you portray it.
3 - Human knowledge is UNLIMITED! Only a short sighted theist would think that.
4 - "God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness." - There is not one shred of evidence to support such a silly idea and this is clearly NOT the case in reality. You are making the claim and as usual you have nothing to support it.
Science, on the other hand, is getting closer every day to disputing this nonsense with mathematics, actual data, theory and yes, evidence.
5 - If your god interacts in this dimension, it has to obey or alter the laws of physics here.
We see NOTHING that is out of that realm in any way shape or form.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
28-02-2012, 10:24 AM
(26-02-2012 09:39 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-02-2012 09:34 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  

You are full of...

something... Gwynnies! Fulla the Gwynnies. Wink

[Image: ellen_13.jpg]

For a second there, I thought you pulled the skin off your arm.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
28-02-2012, 10:45 AM
(28-02-2012 10:12 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  I do not agree with you because.
1 - You have NO evidence other than stuff you pull directly out of your butt which is meaningless.

I agree.

Quote:2 - God is not necessary. The world currently works and acts just like there is no god. It DOES operate just like if religious folks were making shit up as they go along. Considering the lack of evidence for ANY miracles or any supernatural things to have ever happened, this supports the idea that god is not around here.
Since no god is needed to run things here and nothing indicates that there is any intervention, then that alone is enough to indicate that god is likely to NOT exist as you portray it.

That is hypothetical. This statement cannot be proved true or false. In essence, it is a well formed opinion but an opinion nonetheless.

Quote:3 - Human knowledge is UNLIMITED! Only a short sighted theist would think that.

This is false. Our knowledge is limited much like any other animal's knowledge is limited.

Quote:4 - "God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness." - There is not one shred of evidence to support such a silly idea and this is clearly NOT the case in reality. You are making the claim and as usual you have nothing to support it.
Science, on the other hand, is getting closer every day to disputing this nonsense with mathematics, actual data, theory and yes, evidence.

I somewhat agree with your disagreeing with Egor; however, I also disagree with you. God's existence will never be proved or disproved.

Quote:5 - If your god interacts in this dimension, it has to obey or alter the laws of physics here.
We see NOTHING that is out of that realm in any way shape or form.

No. You are placing limits on an unlimited being. The argument is a paradox.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
28-02-2012, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 11:05 AM by TalladegaTom.)
(28-02-2012 10:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  God's existence will never be proved or disproved.

Of course it can be proved!
All god has to do is show up and walla! Proved!

Then even I would jump over to your side in a millisecond if that were to occur.
All praise the Big Holy A-Hole!
(28-02-2012 10:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No. You are placing limits on an unlimited being. The argument is a paradox.

Nope. If god is going to heal an amputee for example, he has to restore the limb in this space and time.
There is no other way to do it.
The only limit is that it has to show itself which is apparently enough to stop it from happening.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
28-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I'd have to say the Christian god could be proved historically or scientifically, historically if they did find Jesus's skeleton, find "divinity", or any historical proof of the "miracles".

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
03-03-2012, 11:38 PM
(28-02-2012 03:40 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I'd have to say the Christian god could be proved historically or scientifically, historically if they did find Jesus's skeleton, find "divinity", or any historical proof of the "miracles".

Finding jesus' skeleton would only prove that the man behind the myth existed, it would not prove that he was the son of god, it would not prove that god exists, and it would not prove any of the stories about jesus were true.

Find divinity? Divinity is a trait, not an object. It is also very subjective.

Historical proof of miracles would prove that miracles occur, it would not prove that god existed unless it could be proven that god created the miracles.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
22-04-2012, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 09:26 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-02-2012 02:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  This being the case He existed prior to the universe, everything in the universe is made from His substance, and that substance is ultimately consciousness.

Fail. There is no "before" anything, if time does not exist. Spacetime are dimensions of this universe. You also assert that time is an illusion. If time is an illusion, there is no "before' anything. Thanks for refuting yourself. Please explain why you keep refering to god as a "him". We had her testosterone levels tested at ACME Protozoa, (your lab), and she had more estrogen than she should, and therefore is an hermaphrodite.

(19-02-2012 09:31 PM)Egor Wrote:  A good model for this would be a lucid dream. In a lucid dream an individual is able to create at will the elements within the dream. You have a lucid dream, and in the dream you have a glass of water. You dump out the water and smash the glass, then you take a piece of glass and crush it to dust, then to molecules, then to atoms, then to quarks, and then when you got below that all you would find is yourself, your own consciousness. I have had many precognitive experiences, but three very profound ones, and I can only reconcile those by assuming a monistic fundamental consciousness. Thought experiments, and the observations of how my mind works indicates to me that my consciousness does not reside in nor is generated from my body. The universe just ticks along.

Fail, fail, and fail.

A lucid dream is not "reality". It's your "perception" of reality. Some people KNOW they are dreaming, when having lucid dreams, and can manipulate them at will. Dumping a glass of water in a dream, in not reality, (and the breakdown of it into its constituent parts is irrelevant, (false analogy)..as they, (the parts), are still real...the glass is a "construct", a construction of constituent matter...the matter is still there...and has not become "unreal". You're worse off than even Pete the Paramecium thought, if you actually think dreams are reality. They "could be" your temporary "perception" of reality. If there is no time, the universe can't "tick along", as "ticking along" is a PROCESS, which REQUIRES time. But thanks again. You do such a great job of refuting yourself. I don't even have to cook up a refutation. One just have to put your statements next to each other, and they self destruct. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche