God Exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2012, 06:15 PM
RE: God Exists
I don't really see why you guys all go so bat-shit crazy over debating Egor on this board. He is one of the most intellectually boring fundamentalists I've seen, and that is saying a lot. In a public forum it's necessary to refute religious nonsense like his, but here on an atheist board there really isn't much need to constantly confront his silliness. Just ignore the guy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Superluminal's post
20-02-2012, 07:49 PM
I typically ignore Egor, but that's been mostly because my patience level recently has been roughly zero so I've stayed on any thread I can link dumb gifs into without looking too much like an asshole.

But I think mostly the other peeps on the forum who engage him are just interested in his brains and how they function, or are just looking for a fun conversation. I mean I sit around with my friends sometimes and we just bullshit about something we all know about but don't like anymore, like star wars or dumb shit like that. It's entertainment.

But really in the long run...

[Image: vhN7Y.gif]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2012, 08:08 PM
(20-02-2012 06:15 PM)Superluminal Wrote:  I don't really see why you guys all go so bat-shit crazy over debating Egor on this board. He is one of the most intellectually boring fundamentalists I've seen, and that is saying a lot. In a public forum it's necessary to refute religious nonsense like his, but here on an atheist board there really isn't much need to constantly confront his silliness. Just ignore the guy.

Igor - You're ignored. Good bye.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
20-02-2012, 09:08 PM
(20-02-2012 06:15 PM)Superluminal Wrote:  I don't really see why you guys all go so bat-shit crazy over debating Egor on this board. He is one of the most intellectually boring fundamentalists I've seen, and that is saying a lot. In a public forum it's necessary to refute religious nonsense like his, but here on an atheist board there really isn't much need to constantly confront his silliness. Just ignore the guy.

Kittens with a new ball of thread. Pay no mind. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-02-2012, 09:34 PM

Please don't argue about whether people should argue (as it just becomes a self-refuting statement).

Perhaps you think that becoming better at argument happens by magic... it doesn't. It takes practice, just like any other skill. If you ever wish to engage theists (and do it well), it's better to start in forums that aren't as "public".

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
20-02-2012, 09:36 PM
(20-02-2012 09:34 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  

Please don't argue about whether people should argue (as it just becomes a self-refuting statement).

Perhaps you think that becoming better at argument happens by magic... it doesn't. It takes practice, just like any other skill. If you ever wish to engage theists (and do it well), it's better to start in forums that aren't as "public".

More importantly, who else will we mock if we don't engage with the silly theists? FSM_Scot can only take so much grief.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
21-02-2012, 08:56 AM
(20-02-2012 09:34 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  

Yes to this.

The fact is I don't get to engage with theists much in the real world - the ones I know are closely related, either through family, work, or friendships, and often I can't even start a conversation without it being seen as a personal attack. I get frustrated easily sometimes and that doesn't help.

I realize it's useless to engage certain people, unless you are getting something out of it. I don't for a second think I'll change Egor's mind about anything, but what I get is practice at making myself and my views understood.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
[+] 1 user Likes TheSixthGlass's post
21-02-2012, 09:02 AM

(20-02-2012 03:08 AM)No J. Wrote:  I have tried this thought experiment.

You're lying. You had never even heard of it before.
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2012, 09:05 AM

Truth be told i think the Egor experiment has run its course.
He's a moving target (Christianity to His Own religion to......god knows what next).
He is argumentative, which shows that he's really not here for insightful discussion or sincere debate.
And just plain rude.

I honestly feel that he's here to just be sand in our bathing suit, no more no less. I feel he's getting his jollies off on stirring up a hornets nest.
So like others have said..i will begin to ignore him too. Its not even fun anymore to mock him. He's done such a fine job of making his own beliefs a bad bad joke.

We can only hope that we'll all get included, by name, in his upcoming Best Selling book and Blockbuster Movie based on the book! I just hope he spells my name right!

Later~
D
21-02-2012, 09:06 AM

(20-02-2012 08:26 AM)Godless Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 02:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  I believe God as defined below exists and exists necessarily. I'm willing to pull out all the stops if there is anyone out there willing to take on the debate and argue that this God is not necessary.

I would say, given the limits of human knowledge, I'd be willing to settle for just an agreement that such a being is more likely to exist than not. But if anyone is capable of shooting down my faith in God, I want to experience that. So, here it is:

God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness.

This being the case He existed prior to the universe, everything in the universe is made from His substance, and that substance is ultimately consciousness.

If you agree with me, please let me know. If you don't, please say why.

Pantheism.....

That's your answer. Really.

You may wish to go actually read your bible. It in no way supports the ideas of a Pantheist reality. Do you even know what your arguing?

There's a difference between pantheism and monism.

(20-02-2012 09:54 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  And I just showed you that your phenomena are very explainable by modern neuroscience.

Great. You have your evidence. You can stay an atheist, and I don't have to bother typing anything more about it.

(20-02-2012 10:00 AM)Reactor Wrote:  Egor, Is this substance of god indestructible and eternal? Is it infinite? Is the "fabric of space" made of this substance?

I need some information before I trap ya Tongue (mind trap)

I don't know what the "fabric of space" is.

I don't know what you mean be consciousness being infinite.

But yes, the fundamental consciousness is eternal and indestructable.
(20-02-2012 11:41 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I don't believe in your claims, as they have hardly any scientific foundings, nor historical.

Great.