God Experiences?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
11-05-2010, 09:13 PM

RE: God Experiences?
Ashley, I believe the wording of your quote was actually done by Thunderfoot, a rather well known name on Youtube; he took the original quote, which I believe went something like: ...more than a hundred clasped in prayer. and modified it.
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2010, 09:15 PM

I have an odd experience, and I hope you guys can logically think this one through with me.

When I was very young there was a tree I liked to climb up. I was born in China and then moved to Canada. In China it's culturally accepted to hit your kids. My parents would spank me when I misbehave so the tree I felt was my only safe home.

A couple months ago I had a dream about the tree. Jesus Christ was there hovering above it pointing at the tree. In my dream I saw that the tree was dying. Jesus kept whisperer: dying....dying....dying. Then I woke up and freaked out.
11-05-2010, 09:20 PM

...you had an odd dream.

I mean...by contrast that's really a pretty normal dream. People dream really odd things after all; the minds subconscious running aimlessly and such.
12-05-2010, 02:32 AM

It's unfortunate that parents see hitting their children as beneficial, it is clearly not.

Physical Discipline causes negative affects

I was also hit as a child. The hitting never seemed justified and mostly occurred out of what I perceived as rage. I cannot evaluate what affects it has had on me now as I am no psychologist, yet I seriously doubt it did any good.
12-05-2010, 08:17 AM

I rarely spank my kids, if ever. One time, I spanked my older son for wrestling with his brother and almost choking him (it was by accident, but I wanted to 'put fear' into him to not do it again).

As a general rule, though, I don't do it. The few times I HAVE done it, I have felt a great deal of remorse, and still come away feeling like my kid(s) haven't learned anything from it.

I have always tried to take the diplomatic route. If that doesn't work, I either send them to their rooms to cool down, or put them in the corner (which they both get a laugh out of, so I don't think it's effective anymore).

I've started making my older son write sentences when he does something wrong, now. It both strengthens my authority as a parent, and teaches him to write better in the process. I feel absolutely no guilt with this punishment, since the practice is making him become better at writing and spelling.