"God Grew Tired of Us" video

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2011, 12:43 PM
"God Grew Tired of Us" video

Not really about God, more about the life of Sudan refugees, but still very educational and moving.

A few comments:

I feel guilty for ever complaining about being poor or hungry.

I kinda feel ashamed at my fellow Americans (but that's pretty much normal for me).

These people have never heard of a shower or a toilet, but they all know the scriptures of the Bible. Gee, I wonder why that is? (sarcasm)

As far as God, does anyone see any "purpose" or "we were created by a loving God" in any of the starving humans who are born into a life of misery, only to die.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2011, 05:59 PM
RE: "God Grew Tired of Us" video
I feel ashamed too. These people are starving. Yet from what I hear from evangelicals that these people are suffering because of the evil Muslims and the lack of Christ.

A lot of them are very supportive of dividing the nation into Christian and Muslim sections.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Get rid of the catholic church and feed everyone for a lifetime.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
25-06-2011, 05:39 AM
With Africa I disagree with the "just send food" band-aid. It's NOT a solution. It needs to be attacked on multiple fronts. Give them decent education, family planning, and help them get basic infrastructure in place.

We have been giving them food and all that happened was exponential population growth and an exponential increase in the number of suffering people in need. In no small part thanks to the idiotic catholic church and their propaganda/indoctrination. This isn't helping them at all. It's hurting them and there is already enough pressure on our planets resources with our current population.

It might sound callous but I stopped giving to certain charities because of that. Sending food isn't a long term solution.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
25-06-2011, 07:12 AM
A huge help would be if we sent them seeds that will reproduce more seeds. We need to help them get back to growing food rather than tobacco. Most of these places were stripped and dumbed down by the western world. We convinced them to lose their survival skills by making things easy and suggesting a way to depend on bigger nations. It's obvious that they need their own method of survival so get some people down there to work on proper food creation. In some areas people are taught better fishing ideas, but the basic fact in most of Africa is that they used to know what to do, and then the west came and explained what it wanted them to do.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
30-06-2011, 09:49 PM
really enjoyed the part, during one of the reunions, that he admonished those boys leaning toward the 'urban culture'.