God Minus an After Life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2012, 01:48 AM
RE: God Minus an After Life.
(03-03-2012 10:21 PM)Egor Wrote:  This life is for the afterlife, or more accurately, the next phase of existence. In this life you will either reap destruction and just be anihilated, or you will be thrown in hell for the pleasure of God, or you will go on to kingdom of heaven where you will have greater control and creative powers over your universe. Either you train in this life for the wisdom necessary to handle the power you will have in the Kingdom of heaven, or you use this life to move toward destruction or damnation. Most people will simply be destroyed after this life.

As Mr. Woof said...
Where is the evidence?

When providing your proof, please note that Proof by Hot Air (F.A.R.T.):
1) Proof by Faith
2) Proof by Authority
3) Proof by Revelation
4) Proof by Tradition
... is not considered valid on a "thinking" forum.

Cheers
DLJ

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-03-2012, 08:07 AM
(03-03-2012 10:21 PM)Egor Wrote:  or you will be thrown in hell for the pleasure of God,

How disgusting!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
04-03-2012, 09:07 AM
(03-03-2012 10:21 PM)Egor Wrote:  This life is for the afterlife, or more accurately, the next phase of existence. In this life you will either reap destruction and just be anihilated, or you will be thrown in hell for the pleasure of God, or you will go on to kingdom of heaven where you will have greater control and creative powers over your universe. Either you train in this life for the wisdom necessary to handle the power you will have in the Kingdom of heaven, or you use this life to move toward destruction or damnation. Most people will simply be destroyed after this life.

Oh yeah? Prove it

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
(03-03-2012 09:06 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  If you mean the casual xtians who were born into a denomination and maintian loose ties with a church, they're not looking for anything. They don't need to: the vaguely recalled bible stories, the easter mass or christmas procession, weddings and funerals, are enough. There are commandments, not memorized perfectly, but corresponding to the laws of one's nation and the golden rule, and it's no big deal whether the kids pray in school or learn about apes. There is a Jesus who said nice things, one time, about prodigal sons, or maybe cheesemakers, and little birds, but didn't like pigs much. There is a sketchy sort of heaven on the distant horizon, where they'll be reunited with lost relatives and friends. Sometimes, there is a St Peter at the gate, for whom Mrs. Jones bakes her very best apple pie; perhaps St. Patrick or Guillermo for a good chin-wag about the old country.

Those were the kind of xtians we could get along with, and who could get along with on another. They weren't rabid.

I am beginning to think that even the mildest forms of Christianity are the seeds of the really rabid

At least with Darwinian evolution we contend with forces; we don't pay insane homage.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
04-03-2012, 03:22 PM

Say you were given a glimpse of your future and found that there was nothing you could do to prevent all of your children were to be atheists or all of your family or all of your flock dooming them to hell for eternity, and you would go to heaven. Say that you knew that currently if they were all to die they would go to heaven, would you risk going to hell to make sure they go to heaven and take their lives?

.. granted this is a scenario that would never happen, or if it did, I hope you would question the "glimpse" in the first place. Either way, I hope that you would answer no to it, but I'm curious either way.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
04-03-2012, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 05:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-03-2012 03:04 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I am beginning to think that even the mildest forms of Christianity are the seeds of the really rabid.

It does seem like some sort of mental disease. ... I mean like in the literal sense.

(04-03-2012 01:16 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Some of us value this life as more than a doormat to wipe your feet on in preparation for entering another life.

Amen. You're not, then you are for a little while, then you're not again. Why do some people find this so terrifying? What's the big deal about, feels right to me. I mean are you still a child scared by monsters under your bed? This is it, it's all you got and all you're gonna get, do with it what you will.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post