God Said, Man Said

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2011, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 11:17 AM by FaceOfBoe.)
God Said, Man Said
I heard this advertised on my satellite radio, so I figured I'd look. It is definitely a fundie website.

http://godsaidmansaid.com/

There is too much there for me to digest in one post, but, wow...
wow..

Basically, from their own web-site here is what they say...

Godsaidmansaid.com is not Catholic or Protestant in orientation. We are simply WORD people. We endorse every verse found in the majority-text Authorized King James Version of the Holy Bible.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2011, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 12:14 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
RE: God Said, Man Said
I love that the first video under Archaeology is about dinosaurs. That is only a slight error.
One statement in the post about the dinosaurs
"Consider the fact that 90% of females in the United States will be widowed."
What? How are they calculating this statistic? Is this due to the average age of women vs. men? Their is no citation for this claim. They do however use other references in the article, but the only one that appears to be from actual scientific research is listed by title only, ergo no journal name and no full authorship so trying to find it would be very difficult indeed. And given the way it was written it is almost certainly not written for a scientific audience but a popular audience, and even the quotes they use do not imply that the researchers think the fossils are younger than 65 million years, only that the level of preservation is fascinating and astounding.

This will be an interesting site to peruse.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I ran into that "soft tissue" issue and remember reading an interview with Dr. Schweitzer. She was really surprised at the way her work and research were twisted around by creation groups who did not seem at all interested in understand it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Alas, this is the crux of science. Try to make it easy to understand for everyone and they contort it instead by ignoring the parts they don't understand or don't like. They are perfectly happy to accept the claim that they found red blood cells but cannot accept the claim that they are from the Cretaceous period that started 146 million years ago and ended 65 million years ago.

Evolve
03-09-2011, 03:50 AM
Now, what exactly is "Majority Text"?

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
(03-09-2011 03:50 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  Now, what exactly is "Majority Text"?

Probably a keyword that boils down to "the parts of the bible that we like".

I mean, even if that's not what they intend, any qualification on what bible you believe, or which verses you accept automatically have that qualifier. It's not like you can believe every verse of a self-contradicting book.