God Said, Man Said

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 10:48 PM
RE: God Said, Man Said
Everything anyone has ever heard came from a human being writing it, saying it, copying it, drawing it, signing it, pantomiming it...etc.

Still waiting to hear what an all powerful voice sounds like. I'm sure I would be deaf after the first hello and then rest of the message would be silence from my broken ear drums.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 05:55 AM
(06-11-2014 10:48 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Still waiting to hear what an all powerful voice sounds like.

Sounds like you, of course. Thumbsup

Besides, god speaks to prophets through visions, and the ministry of Gwynnite consists of me posting pix of Gwyneth Paltrow to my Gwynnies fb. (Because if you see what I see in her, you'd be all answered and shit Big Grin so fuck that link)

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-11-2014, 06:32 AM
Epic:

In man’s effort to eliminate the God of the Bible as a valid option for living, they run up the old, jaded challenge: “If your God is so good, why does He allow all the pain and suffering?” The 51 dead mentioned above are just in north Texas alone, and the flu season has just begun. The deadly effects will be felt the world over. Who will we blame for the pain and suffering?
God’s prohibitions concerning the pig have been disregarded and the curse came knocking—simply the result of doing the wrong thing.

All suffering is our fault. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-11-2014, 06:45 AM
(07-11-2014 06:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Epic:

In man’s effort to eliminate the God of the Bible as a valid option for living, they run up the old, jaded challenge: “If your God is so good, why does He allow all the pain and suffering?” The 51 dead mentioned above are just in north Texas alone, and the flu season has just begun. The deadly effects will be felt the world over. Who will we blame for the pain and suffering?
God’s prohibitions concerning the pig have been disregarded and the curse came knocking—simply the result of doing the wrong thing.

Has anyone else noticed that the two language choices for that site are English and Chinese? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
07-11-2014, 07:39 AM
(07-11-2014 06:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Has anyone else noticed that the two language choices for that site are English and Chinese? Consider

Yep. Kinda odd. Guess they assume that all western europe speaks english.
07-11-2014, 08:58 AM
(02-09-2011 11:13 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  Godsaidmansaid.com is not Catholic or Protestant in orientation. We are simply WORD people. We endorse every verse found in the majority-text Authorized King James Version of the Holy Bible.

So, basically, Protestant fundamentalism, but they'll pretend to play nicely with the Catholics until they disagree. KJV says two things to me:
  1. Fundy. They love the KJV.
  2. Non-Catholic. The KJV will leave out 1 and 2 Maccabees as well as some additions to Esther and Ruth. The Catholics wouldn't consider that "the Bible".
07-11-2014, 09:44 AM
oh my that site is bad. I feel guilty about increasing the number of visitors by one.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
07-11-2014, 09:56 AM

I remember a Watchtower or Awake magazine that made out the Japanese were responsible for the 2011 tsunami....

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]