God: The Ultimate Special Case

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2016, 05:20 AM
RE: God: The Ultimate Special Case
(16-06-2016 05:13 AM)Gordon Blue Wrote:  If anything, though the backflips and contortions, the apologetics it takes to make any of have the semblance of making sense, when youd think we could expect something more fitting of an all powerful god. Its the apologists that are straining to justify their position.

I agree many theistic beliefs are silly. But I find many atheistic beliefs silly too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2016, 05:25 AM
(16-06-2016 05:20 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I agree many theistic beliefs are silly. But I find many atheistic beliefs silly too.

There is only one "atheistic" belief. Any other beliefs held in common by atheists are coincidental.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
16-06-2016, 05:27 AM
(16-06-2016 04:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh look, the stage 3 colon cancer has come out of remission...

I came in on the tail end (heh..) of that episode and missed most of it. Looks like I get the full experience now. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
16-06-2016, 05:29 AM
(16-06-2016 05:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 05:10 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So there's some profound wisdom in why god decided to flood the world to kill humans instead of just making them disappear?

Fill us in on it, why was that the methodology used?

BTW- The myth of Genesis says we were created in god's image, so why wouldn't said nature follow a clear rationality instead of convoluted mental gymnastics attempting to make it sound sensible?

I am not here to defend the stories of Genesis. I am here to criticize the belief that an all powerful God can do something "convoluted". If all methods require the exact same amount of effort, as in the case of an all powerful God, it is simply silly to characterize one method as "convoluted" and another as "better".....but that is what you an the OP are trying to do. How do you like failing?

God speaks everything into existance, but to undo it, he has to tell a guy to build a boat and have his finger on every detail that follows to make any of it work. Yea. Convoluted.
Dont want to defend genesis? How about christ and salvation? Thats another doozy.
16-06-2016, 05:29 AM
(16-06-2016 05:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 05:10 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So there's some profound wisdom in why god decided to flood the world to kill humans instead of just making them disappear?

Fill us in on it, why was that the methodology used?

BTW- The myth of Genesis says we were created in god's image, so why wouldn't said nature follow a clear rationality instead of convoluted mental gymnastics attempting to make it sound sensible?

I am not here to defend the stories of Genesis. I am here to criticize the belief that an all powerful God can do something "convoluted". If all methods require the exact same amount of effort, as in the case of an all powerful God, it is simply silly to characterize one method as "convoluted" and another as "better".....but that is what you an the OP are trying to do. How do you like failing?

Yet you cannot make a case of plausible rationality for the god of the flood myth.

And the case for an omnipotent god fails, because humans can think of a better methodology.

Humans> god.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
16-06-2016, 05:31 AM
(16-06-2016 05:25 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 05:20 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I agree many theistic beliefs are silly. But I find many atheistic beliefs silly too.

There is only one "atheistic" belief. Any other beliefs held in common by atheists are coincidental.

It doesn't matter that the said beliefs are coincidental. What makes them worthy of criticism is that such beliefs are commonly held and that they are obviously flawed.
16-06-2016, 05:35 AM
(16-06-2016 05:29 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Yet you cannot make a case of plausible rationality for the god of the flood myth.

I have never tried. You baiting me to try is simply an attempt to shift the goal post. You are now employing the tactic of a failure trying to save face.
16-06-2016, 05:40 AM
(16-06-2016 05:27 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 04:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh look, the stage 3 colon cancer has come out of remission...

I came in on the tail end (heh..) of that episode and missed most of it. Looks like I get the full experience now. Drinking Beverage

Do you own an oven?

Do you have a penis?

If so, then walk up to your oven, open it's door, whip out your twig and berries, and place them in the path of the closing door.

Now grab a hold of the oven door, and slam it shut with all of your might; pretend that the fate of the world is dependent upon how many Newtons of force you can impart in this endeavor.

Congratulations! You've now recreated the feeling of participating in a Blowjob thread.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-06-2016, 05:41 AM
(16-06-2016 05:35 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 05:29 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Yet you cannot make a case of plausible rationality for the god of the flood myth.

I have never tried. You baiting me to try is simply an attempt to shift the goal post. You are now employing the tactic of a failure trying to save face.

The flood myth comes hand in hand with the rest of the madness.
16-06-2016, 05:42 AM
(16-06-2016 05:35 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

You are pretty slow, so I'll explain it to you again. If you assert something about a god such as omnipotence and then that story shows that a god is pretty stupid. That story discredits the idea of the god in that story being omnipotent or omniscient.

You are left with a baseless assertion of characteristics of a god that is not believable.

Would you like to show any evidence for an omnipotent god by regailing us with a story?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition