God Works in Mysterious Ways (or God is such a Prankster)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2014, 05:42 PM
RE: God Works in Mysterious Ways (or God is such a Prankster)
(21-02-2014 05:39 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 05:28 PM)donotwant Wrote:  No you are sick fuck. The woman is just mistaken.
It's different when people want suffering onto themselves.
I've noted that I don't want such suffering. And how do you know that the woman is just mistaken? Or how does Chas know that she's rationalizing and doesn't really believe her own words?

This is pretty pathetic. Later.

Because somebody is rationalizing something doesn't mean they don't believe their words.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2014, 07:15 PM
(21-02-2014 05:04 PM)alpha male Wrote:  @ full circle

Maybe this simple way of looking at it would help.

Do you think the world is a better place because this child lived?

If yes, then quit bitching.

If no, then you're the sick fuck.

Let's move the goalposts and while we're at it let's play Calvinball
http://calvinandhobbes.wikia.com/wiki/Calvinball

You are arguing that any life, and here I'll include not just Brayden's but all those children with horrible birth defects that Doc has pointed out, make the world a better place.

I'm arguing that for your God to have all this in his grand plan is incomprehensibly evil.

Having a parent say they are grateful for their child in no way justifies the god that created that child.

You are justifying your god's actions as net positives, the proverbial silver-lining argument that so many believers trot out because if you or they were logically honest you could no more forgive god's design anymore than the actions of a sadistic mass murderer. So you hang on to a fantastical world view that Big Daddy knows what he's doing and all this earthly suffering will somehow pay off in the end.

So I maintain that the god you believe in is sadistic and evil and would be found guilty of such if he was corporal and lived anywhere on earth while you maintain that all life that he creates, no matter how deformed or disease ridden, is a "net good". So while I may shake my head in utter bewilderment at what you personally believe, no matter how distastetful, you have comitted no crime unlike the god you defend so vehemently who is most definitely guilty of being a sick fuck.

The one silver-lining is that I'm convinced it doesn't exist, thank God.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-02-2014, 06:52 AM
(21-02-2014 05:38 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 05:22 PM)alpha male Wrote:  OK, you think that woman is a sick fuck. At least you're honest enough to say it, more or less.

(21-02-2014 05:26 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Like I said, appeal to emotion fallacy is 3/4 of your schtick. Rolleyes

Seems to me the guy who searches for shocking photos in order to make an appeal to emotion fallacy is the sick fuck.

Did God make this baby? Yes or no? Simple question.
Doc

Alpha has no problem with God making a special needs baby. In the story that he provides a link to, we don't know what the special needs are, but it does not appear to be a physical deformity, hence he does not find it shocking and is happy to believe that his God made that baby to teach the parents a lesson.

When I post pictures of severely deformed babies, he is shocked, not realizing that they were also made by YHWH. Some of these babies were not born to Christian families, so any lesson learnt by the parents is moot, since they and the baby will not only suffer on earth but are guaranteed eternal suffering in hell.

Doc