God actually hates us.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2012, 08:47 AM
God actually hates us.
I haven't posted in awhile so I figured I better get something down on paper (or keyboard Tongue)

Anyway, if God is real I see no way he could possibly love us. God is supposed to be all knowing and have a purpose for us all, this means he created me and all of you as well as many others to be skeptics, he knows when creating us that we are going to question what his crappy book says and the teachings of his people, he will know we don't say there is no way he doesn't exist but how it is highly unlikely because of the way he made us, he made us in a way that we search for truth instead of it just being thrown in our lap.

To me this shows that God already knows who is going to hell and who isn't and there is no doubt most people would go to hell. What this tells me is God is just playing a game with us and that's not love! Creating someone destined for death is not love. Sending someone to live a life on earth even though you already know the outcome of their life and where they will end up is stupid and makes no sense to me; there for Jesus did not die for our sins in reality because God is the one who made us the way we are, he made us to be sinners and that's his fault not ours. God sent Jesus to die for his mistakes and therefore we should not have to pay for his failures as an architect.

If we as Atheists live our life the way it should be lived, if we are genuinely good people and care for one another and don't get into this heaven place because of the way we were made then I don't want to go. If someone who is in and out of prison for murder and constant crimes can find the Lord in prison and be saved over a good person then I don't want to go. The way I see it, the possibility of a god is next to 0 - lets put it at 0.00000000001 in my eyes.

Anyway I could go on but I think that's good for now, how is everyone? Big Grin

Justin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2012, 08:58 AM
RE: God actually hates us.
You should read the "Ask a Theist!" thread.
There this question has been asked quite a few times, with kingschosen trying to explain it (as a theist).

My questions are somewhat similar to yours, and they start at page 90.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...st?page=90

That which you are talking about is calvinism by the way (where God has already decided who goes to heaven/hell) and those who go to heaven are referred to as "elect".
[+] 2 users Like Dust's post
22-03-2012, 09:07 AM
God doesn't have to hate us.
He could be unaware of us or he could be a sociopath.
Or he could love us the same way we love a certain tv show, or tv show character.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2012, 02:32 PM
(22-03-2012 09:07 AM)lucradis Wrote:  God doesn't have to hate us.
He could be unaware of us or he could be a sociopath.
Or he could love us the same way we love a certain tv show, or tv show character.

I just used god hates us as a catchy title. If any of those are true then people are still following a false teaching which gives even less proof of god I would think.

Justin
22-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't see it as any kind of proof of no god, or proof of god. Makes no difference how god would see us. I hardly ever think about ants, but I still exist. Actually when I see spiders I try and squish them, yet here I am.

I don't follow your logic. Unless of course you are saying that the god from the new testament couldn't possibly exist... As we all know old testament god was a pretty obvious dick...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
22-03-2012, 04:53 PM
(22-03-2012 02:36 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't see it as any kind of proof of no god, or proof of god. Makes no difference how god would see us. I hardly ever think about ants, but I still exist. Actually when I see spiders I try and squish them, yet here I am.

I don't follow your logic. Unless of course you are saying that the god from the new testament couldn't possibly exist... As we all know old testament god was a pretty obvious dick...

Yeah, but who is going to click on the title that reads: If there was a God as described in the Bible, it would appear that this so-called God hates around 7/8'ths of his creatures he so lovingly created to predestined for eternal torment.

It's so much catchier to say: God Actually Hates Us!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-03-2012, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 05:16 PM by Kinger.)
(22-03-2012 04:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yeah, but who is going to click on the title that reads: If there was a God as described in the Bible, it would appear that this so-called God hates around 7/8'ths of his creatures he so lovingly created to predestined for eternal torment.

It's so much catchier to say: God Actually Hates Us!

Exactly haha.

Maybe my view is wrong but I just see the whole thing as one big game that if true is utterly useless, because the obvious goal of the bible is for you to go to heaven but if god created us the way we are why would he punish us for something HE did wrong and not send us to heaven for it? We are sinners but he is the one that designed us. The way I see it is the bible is absolutely wrong in saying Jesus died for our sins, it has to be Jesus died for gods mistakes. But apparently the only way we can get into heaven is to accept Jesus dieing for us. Sorry I don't see it that way Tongue
(22-03-2012 02:36 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't see it as any kind of proof of no god, or proof of god. Makes no difference how god would see us. I hardly ever think about ants, but I still exist. Actually when I see spiders I try and squish them, yet here I am.

I didn't say no proof I said less proof. Your ants analogy doesn't work because im pretty sure humans did not create the existence of ants but god is said to be the creator of man. Apples to oranges.

Yes I am saying the fairy dust god from the new testament can not exist and I already explained my thoughts on the Jesus thing twice Big Grin

Unless god started what we call the big bang theory (as an example) and just forgot about us then we evolved to where we are today. But this can't be because of what the bible says and the bible is the only link to god, so if the bible is just made up then it's not really the word of god and is therefor useless.

Justin
22-03-2012, 05:28 PM

You have free will. Not much free will, but some. And the one free will choice you are expected to make as a human being is to seek after God. If you don't, He might as well destroy you when you die. And one could argue that that's not so bad. If you out and out reject Him, knowing full well that He exists, which is just about every atheist on every single one of these online forums, then you go to hell, where He watches you suffer eternally--and why shouldn't He? Seriously, if He doesn't maintain a hell, he's going to have to explain it to me, because I would.
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2012, 05:43 PM
(22-03-2012 05:28 PM)Egor Wrote:  You have free will. Not much free will, but some. And the one free will choice you are expected to make as a human being is to seek after God. If you don't, He might as well destroy you when you die. And one could argue that that's not so bad. If you out and out reject Him, knowing full well that He exists, which is just about every atheist on every single one of these online forums, then you go to hell, where He watches you suffer eternally--and why shouldn't He? Seriously, if He doesn't maintain a hell, he's going to have to explain it to me, because I would.

Go fuck yourself Egor
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
22-03-2012, 05:54 PM
You believe in an evil god. I don't know how you can live with yourself.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post