God actually hates us.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: God actually hates us.
Firstly I like the title, I get that it is to draw readers. Also I would read that other thread Erx. Sounds great.

Secondly, my ants analogy does work. But how about the little creatures we create every time we drool slightly. We kill them by accident all the time. We know they exist even, yet we don't care about them at all.
Every time we blow our noses we create tons of little living things... that we throw away. Couldn't care less. To us they aren't important. But we made them however inadvertently.

All I was saying is that on the broad scale I wouldn't use gods likely-hood to be a dick as evidence for anything other than that. I also don't know how far it goes into taking away from the christian god, though I agree it would take away from many theists personal understanding of him.
But most Christians have a very small understanding of the bible or it's contents or it's origins for that matter. Most of them I've conversed with haven't been like Erx or KC. Most barely remember any of the stories in the bible and those they do remember were from sunday school way back.
Most are like my sister. Not a bible in the house, never goes to church, yet when her sons school says they aren't doing a christmas play she gets upset about it and posts ridiculous things all over facebook.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2012, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 06:40 PM by Kinger.)
(22-03-2012 05:57 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Firstly I like the title, I get that it is to draw readers. Also I would read that other thread Erx. Sounds great.

Secondly, my ants analogy does work. But how about the little creatures we create every time we drool slightly. We kill them by accident all the time. We know they exist even, yet we don't care about them at all.
Every time we blow our noses we create tons of little living things... that we throw away. Couldn't care less. To us they aren't important. But we made them however inadvertently.

All I was saying is that on the broad scale I wouldn't use gods likely-hood to be a dick as evidence for anything other than that. I also don't know how far it goes into taking away from the christian god, though I agree it would take away from many theists personal understanding of him.
But most Christians have a very small understanding of the bible or it's contents or it's origins for that matter. Most of them I've conversed with haven't been like Erx or KC. Most barely remember any of the stories in the bible and those they do remember were from sunday school way back.
Most are like my sister. Not a bible in the house, never goes to church, yet when her sons school says they aren't doing a christmas play she gets upset about it and posts ridiculous things all over facebook.

I still think its 2 different things. God created us on purpose or that's what the bible says. We did not create the things we eject from our body on purpose, so if we eject them and don't care its not the same as if god destroys man and doesn't care because he went through the trouble to create us in the 7 period and create an ancient book to tell us of him and how we can join him in heaven. We didn't do any of those things, they just happen to be something our body creates and they get in the way of person business sometimes Tongue

This is just how I perceive the bible in short. I don't take away the story of love that the Christians seem to get from the bible, I see it as a twisted and barbaric game. One where the commissioner of the league already knows the outcome of each game.
(22-03-2012 05:28 PM)Egor Wrote:  You have free will. Not much free will, but some. And the one free will choice you are expected to make as a human being is to seek after God. If you don't, He might as well destroy you when you die. And one could argue that that's not so bad. If you out and out reject Him, knowing full well that He exists, which is just about every atheist on every single one of these online forums, then you go to hell, where He watches you suffer eternally--and why shouldn't He? Seriously, if He doesn't maintain a hell, he's going to have to explain it to me, because I would.

Sure we can choose but whats that matter if god already knows what the answer is? Again, god is all knowing and is the creator of man, so god knows the outcome of our lives before we do so he already knows we are going to make the wrong choice yet he still creates us this way. Like I said, the people who are skeptics are skeptics because god made them that way and to these people in their opinion don't have enough evidence to prove the existence of god and he (god) being all knowing would have known this. He knowingly did not provide enough evidence to appease the skeptics and in doing so created them destined for hell.

Justin
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Kinger's post
23-03-2012, 04:26 AM
this is an accurate[/quote] representation of how I see god:

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
23-03-2012, 04:53 AM
The "God creates people who will be eternally punished and he knows it so how is this just" argument is the biggest “OH SHIT” in the history of religious invention. They sought to create a god that was all the things that humans were not as an idea of some perfect being. The proof that god is man-made is in the flaws in thinking that lead to such dilemmas. They simply did not think that far ahead. The fallback position is as always, “Who knows the mind of god?” That’s easy to answer. It’s the people who invented him. There is no real philosophical debate. Only theologians trying to cover their asses.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
23-03-2012, 07:11 AM
(22-03-2012 05:28 PM)Egor Wrote:  You have free will. Not much free will, but some. And the one free will choice you are expected to make as a human being is to seek after God. If you don't, He might as well destroy you when you die. And one could argue that that's not so bad. If you out and out reject Him, knowing full well that He exists, which is just about every atheist on every single one of these online forums, then you go to hell, where He watches you suffer eternally--and why shouldn't He? Seriously, if He doesn't maintain a hell, he's going to have to explain it to me, because I would.

Your second sentence has absolutely NO basis. None. The third is based on the second and thus has NO basis. The rest of your post continues on the theme of made up crap based on nothing. Do you even read what you write or do you just parrot what you are told?
23-03-2012, 07:19 AM
[Image: beware_calvinist.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-03-2012, 07:35 AM
(22-03-2012 05:28 PM)Egor Wrote:  If you out and out reject Him, knowing full well that He exists, which is just about every atheist on every single one of these online forums, then you go to hell, where He watches you suffer eternally--and why shouldn't He? Seriously, if He doesn't maintain a hell, he's going to have to explain it to me, because I would.

That's you. If you kilt my Gwynnies, where would you go?

Beyond the threshold of eternity is beauty for all. That's why I'm a prophet and you're a webmaster. Tongue

If you cannot see god in all things, whatever you're seeing ain't god. As for hate, it is the fire of love; waves on the surface of the sea. It is absurd to consider god and hate in the same context. Hate falls from the lips of speakers of god; it is these proxies that receive the animosity of atheists.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user