God and Tebow did it again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: God and Tebow did it again.
(11-12-2011 09:06 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sadly, there is no help for me. I blasphemed the Holy Spirit so I can't be forgiven.

Isn't it a good thing that Tebow and Kurt Warner never had to play against each other? Whose prayers would God answer?

We'll see Smile

But yeah, that would be a tough call. I'm willing to bet God would keep postponing the game with some type of weather disaster.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm more inclined to think YHWH would have commanded the losers' heads to be removed, and all of their first born slaughtered as well. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
09-01-2012, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 06:28 AM by Jakel.)
aaarrgghhhh I fucking hate that praying little prick! Shame on you SteelersSad But they are Idol worshipping so jokes on themTongue
10-01-2012, 05:55 AM
I'm sure I saw Ben Roethlisberger put his fingers to the sky after one of his touchdowns. It baffles me that athletes do this. If you both thank God for your touchdowns, which side is he on? The one who prays hardest? And if you thank God for your talent, why do you spend so long in the gym or practising? Can't you just pray to be the best? Theist logic wins again...
12-01-2012, 09:39 AM
. . . .

.bmp  te.bmp (Size: 220.34 KB / Downloads: 57)

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
[+] 2 users Like free2011's post
12-01-2012, 09:46 AM
About Tebow, this is the first time a White Bronco has been in the news this much since OJ
12-01-2012, 09:53 AM
(12-01-2012 09:39 AM)free2011 Wrote:  . . . .

To be fair, I doubt TT asks for TDs. He is most likely thanking god for the talent/luck.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
12-01-2012, 11:20 AM
(12-01-2012 09:53 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

To be fair, I doubt TT asks for TDs. He is most likely thanking god for the talent/luck.

And that makes it better how? "Thank you God for giving me the talent to make millions of dollars. If you have time you may want to help the starving people of the world too".

This is simply an example of what drives me crazy. They believe in this all powerful god that chooses to reward the most mundane shit. If a normal person saw a kid dying in the street but instead of calling for help he decided to take another kid to a movie you would say he was a monster. God does it and he's worshipped.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post
12-01-2012, 11:35 AM
(12-01-2012 11:20 AM)free2011 Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 09:53 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

And that makes it better how? "Thank you God for giving me the talent to make millions of dollars. If you have time you may want to help the starving people of the world too".

This is simply an example of what drives me crazy. They believe in this all powerful god that chooses to reward the most mundane shit. If a normal person saw a kid dying in the street but instead of calling for help he decided to take another kid to a movie you would say he was a monster. God does it and he's worshipped.

I just think he attributes his athletic ability to God and is showing his appreciation. He believes that everything, good or bad, happens because God wanted it to. So if he is successful it's because God allowed him to be. TT is a humble and appreciative person. He's just giving thanks to what he feels is ultimately responsible. IMO there is absolutely nothing to dislike about Tim Tebow.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
12-01-2012, 11:51 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...rvention/1

Cast your vote as to whether or not Tebow is in fact receiving "divine" help. Almost half of people surveyed answered...get this...yes!!!!!! That is both funny and sad.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post