God cannot...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2014, 10:07 PM
RE: God cannot...
(12-02-2014 10:00 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 09:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  We don't know that. But we do know that He could do it in the past.

It's a paradox. Anyone that is omnipotent cannot do both. It's my twist on the old "rock so large" question. Either he is unable to squeeze forth so rancid a butt bomb, or he would be unable to breathe the putrid stench. Whichever it may be, indicates a short-coming and, therefore, no omnipotence. Proving that the concept of omnipotence is illusory.

All I'm thinking about right now is how many synonyms we have for the word "fart". I wonder if it's like "penis" where you could make just about anything synonymous... Consider

Also, just because I'm bored:
God Fart

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2014, 09:39 AM
God cannot lie.

However, in 1 Kings 22:19–-22, the prophet Micaiah describes the sending of a lying spirit by God into the mouths of the prophets of Ahab, the king of Israel, to give him false assurance of victory in order to tempt him into battle with the Arameans of Ramoth Gilead. Here's the portion:

“Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left. And the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?’

“One suggested this, and another that. Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the Lord and said, ‘I will entice him.’

“‘By what means?’ the Lord asked.

“‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,’ he said.

“‘You will succeed in enticing him,’ said the Lord. ‘Go and do it.’

“So now the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you.”

It appears that YHWH at least (among all the gods), is capable of lying.
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
13-02-2014, 09:56 AM
(12-02-2014 02:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 02:25 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  There is no "original god", but I'm assuming he was referencing your God.

Probably. There is no such being as "god"

Fixed
13-02-2014, 10:03 AM
(11-02-2014 02:01 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  According to Judges 1:19, God cannot defeat iron chariots.

So a M1 Abrams is totally out of the question. Tongue

[Image: sizematters-l.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2014, 10:15 AM
God cannot...
God cannot create a stone so heavy even God cannot lift it.

So much for being all-powerful.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
13-02-2014, 10:59 AM
God cannot seem to use liquid eyeliner without getting it in his eye.
13-02-2014, 01:18 PM
(12-02-2014 08:45 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  God cannot create a fart so rancid that even he couldn't breathe it.

If he could, would he be omniflatulent?

Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
13-02-2014, 01:51 PM
God cannot...
God cannot clog his toilet so badly that even he cannot unclog it.

No matter how full of it he is.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post