God cannot...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2014, 11:28 AM
RE: God cannot...
God also can't intervene to prevent suffering.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
11-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Then he is not omnipotent.
11-02-2014, 11:34 AM
(11-02-2014 11:27 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  God cannot create a thought, because thought is a prerequisite to creation.
If god cannot create thoughts, then he can't create.

Could you explain this?
I think I understand but at the same time I feel it's flawed...

Atir aissom atir imon
11-02-2014, 11:51 AM
(11-02-2014 11:00 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  God cannot cure all bone cancer in children, for then he would render man's sin and perpetual fall less effective tools for maintaining states of delusion.

Speaking of children's bone cancer, did you know that children get bone cancer because a person ate a piece of fruit 6,000 years ago?

"God" cannot explain now this is reasonable.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
11-02-2014, 11:55 AM
(11-02-2014 11:34 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 11:27 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  God cannot create a thought, because thought is a prerequisite to creation.
If god cannot create thoughts, then he can't create.

Could you explain this?

Imagine that nothing exists and before something can exist it must have a design drawn out in pencil on paper. That design (the thought) is then used to create that object. So where did the design for the pencil & paper come from if pencil & paper are required before something can be created ?

If god is the author of his own thoughts, the creator of his own thoughts and thought is required to create, then how can he create his thoughts ?

I admit it sounded flawed when I wrote it, but it all comes down to the idea of "what is a thought and how are they generated" ?

I don't know

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-02-2014, 12:02 PM
(11-02-2014 11:55 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 11:34 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Could you explain this?

Imagine that nothing exists and before something can exist it must have a design drawn out in pencil on paper. That design (the thought) is then used to create that object. So where did the design for the pencil & paper come from if pencil & paper are required before something can be created ?

If god is the author of his own thoughts, the creator of his own thoughts and thought is required to create, then how can he create his thoughts ?

I admit it sounded flawed when I wrote it, but it all comes down to the idea of "what is a thought and how are they generated" ?

I don't know

OK I did understand, I think the wording of your original statement is what confused me.

Atir aissom atir imon
11-02-2014, 12:03 PM
God cannot dance... because he's supposedly everywhere so there's no room to move.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
11-02-2014, 12:08 PM
(11-02-2014 11:34 AM)natachan Wrote:  Then he is not omnipotent.

Omnipotent or not he either can't do it or doesn't choose to do it. In both cases there is a reason why he can't do it right now.
11-02-2014, 12:08 PM
God cannot come up with a logical and easy solution to anything.
11-02-2014, 12:09 PM
(09-02-2013 07:39 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Can god create a dildo so large that he can not stuff it into his own ass?

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post