God damned entitlement generation fuckers!!!! YES MAD!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: God damned entitlement generation fuckers!!!! YES MAD!
(08-03-2012 12:57 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Justice!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/08/mic...141935620/

Now make the bitch pay the shit back.

I just fail to see how this is any different from Big Oil continuing to take taxpayer subsidies while making record profits. Other than the obvious difference of many, many orders of magnitude of scale. ... I mean corporations are people too, right? So they should be held to the same ethical standards, right?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-03-2012, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 02:28 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
She probably bought the house for her mother or something. Most people who win the lottery file for bankruptcy within like 5 years...she will probably add to that statistic.

Though did you see the other statistic in the article? 25% of the state needs food assistance, yet they try to blame the 10% unemployment...Hmm, even when the country is doing good there is like 5% unemployment. So these 2 #s arent jiving as well as you would expect if the one caused the other.

(08-03-2012 01:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I just fail to see how this is any different from Big Oil continuing to take taxpayer subsidies while making record profits. Other than the obvious difference of many, many orders of magnitude of scale. ... I mean corporations are people too, right? So they should be held to the same ethical standards, right?

The rules for the rich are different....because there aren't any. They can scam billions and its no big deal, this poor impoverished woman doesn't immediately call and cancel her food assistance of $200 and she is satan incarnate.

Even if it was intentional, and there is 0 proof it was from the article, the amount she got amounted to nothing and she even has to pay it back.
This whole story was a non-issue pile of trash.
08-03-2012, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 02:18 PM by germanyt.)
(08-03-2012 01:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I'm totally in favor of removing oil subsidies. I've even come up with a compromise that I think is fair. End all oil subsidies, get consumers of gas to keep receipts for all gas purchases, allow them to claim all gas on their taxes, subsidie the tax payers instead. Dems and Repubs should love this idea. It relieves the burden of high gas prices which is what the dems want. And it allows oil companies to still make record profits and maintain job growth which is what the Republicans want.

Win.

(08-03-2012 01:31 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  The rules for the rich are different....because there aren't any. They can scam billions and its no big deal, this poor impoverished woman doesn't immediately call and cancel her food assistance of $200 and she is satan incarnate.

Even if it was intentional, and there is 0 proof it was from the article, the amount she got amounted to nothing and she even has to pay it back.
This whole story was a non-issue pile of trash.

It was intentional. If you don't need food stamps but allow the state to keep paying you them it's intentional.

And I'll ask you to refer to the pie chart of what the US spends in entitlements. And please cite an example of someone who scammed billions and didn't suffer any consequences. I'll be waiting.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
08-03-2012, 02:21 PM
(08-03-2012 01:31 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Though did you see the other statistic in the article? 25% of the state needs food assistance, yet they try to blame the 10% unemployment...Hmm, even when the country is doing good there is like 5% unemployment. So these 2 #s are jiving as well as you would expect if the one caused the other.

Just having a job doesn't mean you make enough money to live on. I'm sure there are people taking advantage like this lady, but I think the numbers probably highlight that the pay people get is not enough to live on without assistance.
08-03-2012, 02:34 PM
(08-03-2012 02:21 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 01:31 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Though did you see the other statistic in the article? 25% of the state needs food assistance, yet they try to blame the 10% unemployment...Hmm, even when the country is doing good there is like 5% unemployment. So these 2 #s are jiving as well as you would expect if the one caused the other.

Just having a job doesn't mean you make enough money to live on. I'm sure there are people taking advantage like this lady, but I think the numbers probably highlight that the pay people get is not enough to live on without assistance.

It's because so many people live below the poverty line. We have more minimum wage jobs now than in I don't know how long. Of course, having a minimum wage job is better than no job so we can at least be glad for that. But what we need is more manufacuturing and labor jobs in this country. And liberal economic policies are contradictory to job growth. Unless of course your spending trillions of taxpayer dollars to do it. But that's a whole other topic.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
08-03-2012, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 07:08 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(08-03-2012 02:34 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 02:21 PM)kineo Wrote:  

It's because so many people live below the poverty line. We have more minimum wage jobs now than in I don't know how long. Of course, having a minimum wage job is better than no job so we can at least be glad for that. But what we need is more manufacuturing and labor jobs in this country. And liberal economic policies are contradictory to job growth. Unless of course your spending trillions of taxpayer dollars to do it. But that's a whole other topic.

We have the lowest corporate tax rates of the industrialized nations. Maybe if you took Ron Pauls cock and balls out of your eyes and ears you would know that. They are going overseas for the slave labor, and the lack of an EPA. They could easily make shitloads of money doing business here, they just want more.
09-03-2012, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 07:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-03-2012 01:31 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  The rules for the rich are different....because there aren't any.

Dunno why, but this reminded me of a conversation my brother and I had some 25 or more years ago now when we were both taking the same ECON class at University.

Bob: "What do you make of this trickle-down theory of economics?"
Bill: "Might as well call it tinkle-down economics 'cause the rich are just gonna piss on the poor and try to convince them it's manna from heaven through some massive propaganda campaign."
Bob: "Yeah ... share the wealth, eat the rich. ... you gonna bogart that whole bottle brother?"

Bill went on to become a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries. His current position on that discussion is that he is disappointed in his initial read because he failed to account for the fecal matter which would inevitably follow the urine. "That was just naive of me, brother, dunno why I thought it would just stop at piss."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
11-03-2012, 04:48 AM
Punch dat bitch in da face, take all her money out of her place. Maybe save an orphanage like the Blues Brothers or something'. ^^

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
18-04-2012, 03:12 AM
From the ashes this thread rises:

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/mic...19577.html

Courtesy of FARK.com

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
18-04-2012, 07:45 AM
I saw that on the news yesterday. I hope they make a very serious example out of her. This IMO isn't even an issue about breaking the law. It's about common sense and showing people that ignorance is no excuse.

-Mark Twain