"God destroyed Rome"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 05:41 PM
"God destroyed Rome"
Overheard a conversation the other day between two people. I didn't pay much attention at first, but the one said,"Gay people are the reason why God is going to destroy America." And then the other said something like,"That's why God destroyed Rome."

I felt like saying something, but I just kept on walking and laughed to myself.
I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to hear something like this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes 89JeepYJ's post
30-03-2014, 06:06 PM
RE: "God destroyed Rome"
Don't you remember Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson saying that the 9-11 terrorist attack was God's way of punishing us for homosexuals? "God Will Not Be Mocked" - Falwell

Can't wait for those two bigots to die. If there is a God I beseech you to kill these two hate mongers.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-03-2014, 06:11 PM
(30-03-2014 06:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Don't you remember Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson saying that the 9-11 terrorist attack was God's way of punishing us for homosexuals? "God Will Not Be Mocked" - Falwell

Can't wait for those two bigots to die. If there is a God I beseech you to kill these two hate mongers.

Falwell died almost 7 years ago. Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
30-03-2014, 06:13 PM
(30-03-2014 06:11 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 06:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Don't you remember Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson saying that the 9-11 terrorist attack was God's way of punishing us for homosexuals? "God Will Not Be Mocked" - Falwell

Falwell died almost 7 years ago. Drinking Beverage

THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping someone would point that out Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
30-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Never knew gawd was a goth Dodgy

Visi-, or Ostro-, I wonder Consider

OH! Destroyed! I was thinking sacked. My bad. Tongue

30-03-2014, 06:53 PM
The Eastern Roman Empire lasted another 1000 years.... and when it was overrun it was by the fucking allah lovers.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
30-03-2014, 07:02 PM
(30-03-2014 06:53 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  The Eastern Roman Empire lasted another 1000 years.... and when it was overrun it was by the fucking allah lovers.

That was the Byzantines, though, right?
I can't remember for certain, but Rome was never 100% depopulated, was it? The Empire ceased to be, sure, but I don't think the city itself was ever annihilated.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
30-03-2014, 07:13 PM
(30-03-2014 07:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  ...
I can't remember for certain, but Rome was never 100% depopulated, was it? The Empire ceased to be, sure, but I don't think the city itself was ever annihilated.

Yup. I'm pretty sure it's still there.

They have football teams and everything.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
30-03-2014, 07:19 PM
(30-03-2014 07:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 06:53 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  The Eastern Roman Empire lasted another 1000 years.... and when it was overrun it was by the fucking allah lovers.

That was the Byzantines, though, right?

Never totally depopulated, no. But it was pretty empty at times. In the Gothic era up to the re-entry of Justinian's armies it was basically deserted. After that there was some stability again, though the Lombards, Saracens and Normans got in new sacks before the Medieval era proper began and it became a prominent city again.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
30-03-2014, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 07:58 PM by TheGulegon.)
(30-03-2014 07:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 07:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  ...

Yup. I'm pretty sure it's still there.

They have football teams and everything.

Drinking Beverage

Why would those punks re-excavate the Colosseum's underground passages, and ruin the field? Soccer sucks enough, already! Drinking Beverage

Those passages were probably uninhabited while buried under trash!... Dodgy

Tongue