God does endorse slavery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 06:46 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
RE: God does endorse slavery
(17-03-2015 06:02 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 03:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You do realize oh unlearned one, that moses didn't exist right? I could provide pages upon pages of irrefutable proof, but trying to educate you is like trying to change the ebb and flow of the tides by pissing into the ocean....

Can you point me to these pages? I've heard this before, and I was always curious about the underlying reason.

Absolutely.

My two favorite books on this are..

Did moses exist: the myth of the israelite lawgiver by D. M. Murdock, 2014

Reading the old testament: an introduction by Lawrence Boadt, 1984

http://stellarhousepublishing.com/didmosesexist.html

An area I enjoy from Boadt's book is page 92-101 where he eviscerates the Pentateuch, and mose's alleged authorship. He gets deep into the areas you are very familiar with on the various J, E, P and D sources etc.

I love that this man had a bachelor's and master's degrees from St. Paul's College in Washington, D.C., and received ordination as a priest in 1969 and then attended The Catholic University of America, where he was awarded a master's degree and a Licentiate in Theology. At the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome, Boadt was granted a licentiate in Sacred Scripture and a Doctorate in Biblical Studies and Near Eastern languages. He taught at Fordham University, St. John's University and at the Washington Theological Union.

As I have said many times, biblical scholars not only know this information, but can prove it. Unfortunately they are too busy building "faith" and researching for themselves to publicly decry the misinformation about the bible that is peddled to the protestant based Christians.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-03-2015, 07:01 PM
(17-03-2015 06:02 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 03:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You do realize oh unlearned one, that moses didn't exist right? I could provide pages upon pages of irrefutable proof, but trying to educate you is like trying to change the ebb and flow of the tides by pissing into the ocean....

Can you point me to these pages? I've heard this before, and I was always curious about the underlying reason.

A good book to read on the subject is The Bible Unearthed. Also the Moses story is just a retelling of Sargon of Akkad. It's the old - put the baby in a reed basket and send him down the river- trick.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
20-03-2015, 05:23 AM
Thanks! I'll have to put those on my list for when I get some reading time.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
21-03-2015, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 05:20 AM by NoSkyDaddy.)
Call_of_the_Wild dateline=' Wrote:  Nowhere in the Bible does it record the Israelites forcing slavery upon people, EXCEPT in the sense of slaves being prisoners of war. Second, I am not too sure whether or not the term "servant" is used interchangeably with "slave" in the Bible, because in Exodus 21:2, it states "If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free without paying anything."
For starters, if this was in reference to servants in the modern sense, why would you "buy" them? Secondly, the word "servant" is rooted in the Latin "servus", which means "slave".

Call_of_the_Wild dateline=' Wrote:  The question is whether or not the the slavery was FORCED upon people, and nowhere in the Bible is this the case except for prisoners of war.
From the NIV[b] Deu20:10When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
In other words, when you engage in aggression against other people, offer them two options, slavery, or KILL THEM, and take their stuff. (This is the word of the LORD?)
Sounds voluntary, right?

Call_of_the_Wild dateline=' Wrote:  This SPECIFIC case is regarding the Midianites and they had already seduced some of the Israelite men to engage in sexual immorality, as Numbers 25 indicates...and this will include sex with temple prostitutes...so obviously, it is safe to say that the women that had slept with a man, 9 times out of 10 she may have "given it up" at some point in time as a prostitute regarding the worship of Baal..
Where did you derive this statistic?

Call_of_the_Wild dateline=' Wrote:  ..but the women that were virgins obviously didn't participate in such practices..yes, so they were still "vaginally pure" Laugh out load
If you think this is comical, you are a sick fuck.

Call_of_the_Wild dateline=' Wrote:  First off, no where in the Bible does it state anything about God permitting the Israelites to take any women as "sex slaves". That is what YOU said, not what the Bible says. Second, when it comes to man/woman sexual relations, a man will usually prefer a virgin...a virgin represents purity...so God permitted the Israelites to take the very best of the women, and destroy the rest...the women would have their lives spared and would be integrated into Jewish society, just like any other foreigners.
First off, NOWHERE in the bible does it require, command or even suggest that a man obtain a woman's consent to sex, or any decision a man might make regarding a woman he has taken in marriage or purchased. Furthermore, the bible has plenty of references to "concubines" which is a polite term for sex slave.

Call_of_the_Wild dateline=' Wrote:  Again, God had beef with the Midianites, since their sexual sins involved the worship of pagan God's, God used the sparing of virgins as a way to condemn the wicked and spare the not-so wicked. Second, God is fair...his anger even burned against the men that was seduced by the women...after the Israelite men had indulged in the sexual immorality with the women, what did God tell Moses? Numbers 25:4-5..

"The Lord said to Moses, Take all of the leaders of these people, kill them and expose them in broad daylight before the Lord, so that the Lord's fierce anger may turn away from Israel"

"So Moses said to Israel's judges, Each of you must to to death those of your men who have joined in worshiping the Baal of Peor".
I couldn't give a flying monkey shit fuck what your imaginary "GOD" supposedly said. When you have empirical evidence of his existence, then we'll talk.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 5 users Like NoSkyDaddy's post
22-03-2015, 11:18 AM
(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  For starters, if this was in reference to servants in the modern sense, why would you "buy" them?

Because, even in a modern sense, no one is going to be your servant for free...fucking duh.

(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Secondly, the word "servant" is rooted in the Latin "servus", which means "slave".

Umm, ok.

(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  From the NIV Deu20:10When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
In other words, when you engage in aggression against other people, offer them two options, slavery, or KILL THEM, and take their stuff. (This is the word of the LORD?)
Sounds voluntary, right?

Somebody tell dumbass here that this is during wartime...and I previously said that this was the only time that forced slavery was allowed. You are right, slavery or DEATH.

(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Where did you derive this statistic?

A hunch.

(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  If you think this is comical, you are a sick fuck.

Another hopeless soul that is so quick to judge moral right and wrong actions, yet, he has no objective standard to base these judgments Laughat

(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  First off, NOWHERE in the bible does it require, command or even suggest that a man obtain a woman's consent to sex, or any decision a man might make regarding a woman he has taken in marriage or purchased.

Yet, there are scriptures at which God's law covers the subject of RAPE, and the rapist was to be put to death..and if the rapist was to be put to death, then that would obviously imply consent was needed.

Go play, child. You aint ready to stomp with the big dawg, yet. Laughat

(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  I couldn't give a flying monkey shit fuck what your imaginary "GOD" supposedly said.

Yeah, you don't give a fuck what my imaginary God said, unless you are quoting my God in a way to justify one of your bullshit points, when it is convenient for you, huh? Because above you were quoting the hell out of him Laugh out load

That is that hypocritical shit right there.

(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  When you have empirical evidence of his existence, then we'll talk.

Show me empirical evidence of the existence of a reptile in mid-transformation into a bird, then we'll talk.
22-03-2015, 11:31 AM
(22-03-2015 11:18 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  When you have empirical evidence of his existence, then we'll talk.

Show me empirical evidence of the existence of a reptile in mid-transformation into a bird, then we'll talk.

[Image: Crocoduck.jpg]
Checkmate theists!

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
[+] 4 users Like Russ's post
22-03-2015, 11:37 AM
(22-03-2015 11:18 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Show me empirical evidence of the existence of a reptile in mid-transformation into a bird, then we'll talk.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid753149

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
29-03-2015, 12:11 AM

Call me crazy, but I don't think you know what evolution is.

... Or the tu coque fallacy, for that matter. Rolleyes
31-03-2015, 06:51 AM
Note that even though CotW maintains that God never endorsed slavery, he'd totally enslave some people if God told him to. Because of morality and all.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
01-05-2015, 03:54 PM
(22-03-2015 11:18 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Somebody tell dumbass here that this is during wartime...and I previously said that this was the only time that forced slavery was allowed. You are right, slavery or DEATH.

So your condoning slavery, as long as it's in the heart of battle? I wanted to thank you for your service. But i'm now afraid of what you did to the families of the men you must have fought.

Deuteronomy 20:13-14
And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the Woman , and the little ones, and the cattle and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself.

And the Bible has condoned forced slavery at other times.

Exodus 22:2-3
If a thief..have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

God has also set up instruction on who you could buy.Mostly anyone that wasn't Hebrew. I could sight if you'd like.

(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Where did you derive this statistic?

A hunch.

Nuff said.

(22-03-2015 11:18 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yet, there are scriptures at which God's law covers the subject of RAPE, and the rapist was to be put to death..and if the rapist was to be put to death, then that would obviously imply consent was needed.
First off. No.

Deuteronomy 22:25-27
If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

This is an example of the Rapist not being put to death. Instead he buys the girl, the raped girl is forced into marriage with the assailant and can never leave.

Nuimbers 31:15-18
And Moses said unto them. Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

All the young girls that are still virgins. Do what you want with them.

(22-03-2015 11:18 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Go play, child. You aint ready to stomp with the big dawg, yet. Laughat

I had to laugh cause when you said that I thought of this.
[Image: Obie-The-Dachshund-4-665x385.jpg]

(21-03-2015 04:53 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  I couldn't give a flying monkey shit fuck what your imaginary "GOD" supposedly said.

Yeah, you don't give a fuck what my imaginary God said, unless you are quoting my God in a way to justify one of your bullshit points, when it is convenient for you, huh? Because above you were quoting the hell out of him Laugh out load

That is that hypocritical shit right there.

[/quote]
As it maybe impossible to find a transition from reptiles to bird. Mostly because birds didn't steam from reptiles. They steamed from Dinosaurs, dinosaurs were not reptiles. But i'm under the assumption you didn't know that. So if you were interested i could describe in greater detail the differences between what qualifies as a reptile and what would qualify as a dinosaur.

This what i think you area asking for.

This is anatosuchus minor (Latin for Small Duck Crocodile)
[Image: z7276467X.jpg]

It has that flat bill, like a duck. It's has has hallow bones like a duck. And it has the body structure of a crocodile.

and here is a science paper on the findings. More pictures are in the link.
http://www.pensoft.net/J_FILES/1/article...layout.pdf

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin