God does not exist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
30-05-2015, 08:41 PM
RE: God does not exist
(30-05-2015 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 06:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You post, ergo sum. I believe in you Bob.

That makes one of us.

Not really. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2015, 09:02 PM
(30-05-2015 08:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That makes one of us.

Not really. Thumbsup

fucker

#sigh
30-05-2015, 09:06 PM
(30-05-2015 09:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  fucker

eat me

Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
31-05-2015, 01:45 AM
(30-05-2015 05:25 PM)slakker Wrote:  I think there's a subtle nuance for me...

The burden of proof is on theist to show credible evidence of god and no evidence in any religion I've encountered passes the test. Hence it's fair to say, that no evidence of a god exists. Specially no god as described by any religion...

The subtlety is that it doesn't go so far as to say a god does't exist... it's just a "we don't know". Just as theist need to fill the void of "I don't know" with a positive position of god, many atheist have the same craving to fill the same void with a negative position...

Keeping it with a "we don't know" will continue the search, a "yes" or "no" stops the search. And I've abstracted god now to be any unknown entity or force, conscious or not that caused existence.

There is no evidence for god being more than fairy tale. If not for all religious baggage this word has no one would be afraid to say that god does not exist, like now no one hestitate in saying that fairies don't exist.

We don't know is answer of someone afraid of being labeled believer in god non-existence, also is somewhat untrue. Nothing points to the existence of god. And what search? How one looks for something that don't have coherent definition?

We don't know can be said about question which makes sense - we don't know who wins next presidential election in USA, we don't know how exactly universe began. But god? We don't know if he exist? In same way as we don't know if ZXRW or Nork exists. Or in same way as some other meaningles mix of letters, cause god is nothing else than that - mix of letters which serve as simple answer for those who are indoctrinated.

So, I think answer should be god does not exist*.

And sure, I could say that as there is no proof for god existence I have no reason for believing that he does exist, or simply say that I lack belief in it, but I think god does not exist is more fitting, though it is kinda like saying that Nork doesen't exist.

*Which could be said with same conviction as when talking about the fairies. Maybe someday some proof for god will appear but it is as probable as me being long lost son on Bill Gates from his marriage with female Predator Cool

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
31-05-2015, 08:38 AM
A god doesn't exist in the universe in much the same way a large pink unicorn doesn't exist in my car.

If someone told me an invisible fire was burning my house and the only way to put out the invisible fire was if I truly believed in the invisible fireman, all I would be able to do was laugh.

And you're telling me an infinite source of power communicated to you through a hallucination.
And then you wrote down the hallucination and other people believed you enough to give you money.

Brilliant. That is fucking brilliant . Bravo

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
31-05-2015, 03:58 PM
It's unwise to draw conclusions without evidence.

"I don't know," is a perfectly good answer when that's the true one.

If you aren't concerned with truth, then you can claim whatever you want.
31-05-2015, 07:18 PM
(31-05-2015 03:58 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  It's unwise to draw conclusions without evidence.

"I don't know," is a perfectly good answer when that's the true one.

If you aren't concerned with truth, then you can claim whatever you want.

"I don't know" is a good response, except when the claim is that "God is good" or "God is all loving", then the proper response would be "Fuck off retard".Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post