God does not forgive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2014, 09:04 AM
God does not forgive!
It's the selling point of christianity. "God forgives", "All you have to do is ask for forgiveness" are just a few ways of expressing the christian tagline.

But how many have actually looked into this alleged claim? Let's examine a few things here. If you hit me I'll most likely hit you back. This is not forgiveness. That is revenge. Forgiveness would be me letting it go without consequence. So I'll define forgiveness as releasing one from a debt moral or otherwise without consequence.

This is not what the god of the bible does. He requires recompense! Someone or something must ultimately pay. Simply saddling the consequences to a goat or another human so that one may get away is not forgiveness. It is cowardice and irresponsibility.

Don't kid yourself. God does not forgive. He simply punishes something else or someone else in your place. Apparently this is love.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BlackMason's post
02-08-2014, 09:31 AM
RE: God does not forgive!
Smile Great point.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Not to mention, for someone to be forgiven, they must first do something that requires forgiveness in the first place. God kind of skipped that part and went right to the "Look how awesome I am for punishing something else in your place" part.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
02-08-2014, 10:00 AM
(02-08-2014 09:04 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  It's the selling point of christianity. "God forgives", "All you have to do is ask for forgiveness" are just a few ways of expressing the christian tagline.

But how many have actually looked into this alleged claim? Let's examine a few things here. If you hit me I'll most likely hit you back. This is not forgiveness. That is revenge. Forgiveness would be me letting it go without consequence. So I'll define forgiveness as releasing one from a debt moral or otherwise without consequence.

This is not what the god of the bible does. He requires recompense! Someone or something must ultimately pay. Simply saddling the consequences to a goat or another human so that one may get away is not forgiveness. It is cowardice and irresponsibility.

Don't kid yourself. God does not forgive. He simply punishes something else or someone else in your place. Apparently this is love.
He says that we will be held accountable on judgement day for every idle word that comes out of our mouths. Doesn't sound like forgiveness to me.