God exists...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2015, 09:03 AM
God exists...
The company I work for makes its decisions and they're etched in stone. Even though we are in the middle of nowhere the smokers must gather in a small pit to get their fix. If one is caught outside the pit he is fired.
If a person steps outside the designated walking area he is fired.
If a person has an accident and there is traces of THC in the urine he is fired.
Needless to say they are overly strict. It's like a fucking prison here.
There is a god and his name is Suncor!
So how about you? Is your employer a bunch of fascists?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2015, 09:17 AM
RE: God exists...
I want to see who will be the first little fascist that will ask me for a urine test.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Interesting. My company wants its employees to love working there. Let's say that's an aspiration right now.

That said, as I am in senior management, it's my bloody job!

I'm doing my bit...working flexibly, going home when I'm ill, treating everyone like adults and colleagues, instead of children or minions. And challenging my colleagues when they don't walk the talk...but that last one is an uphill struggle.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
29-01-2015, 09:38 AM
(29-01-2015 09:17 AM)Blackout Wrote:  I want to see who will be the first little fascist that will ask me for a urine test.

You can refuse a urine test but then you're fired!
And if you want the job in the first place you must be tested. No worries though. A bag of clean urine strapped on will do just fine.
Nothing like a drug test to get a potheads wheels turning!
29-01-2015, 09:47 AM
(29-01-2015 09:38 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 09:17 AM)Blackout Wrote:  I want to see who will be the first little fascist that will ask me for a urine test.

You can refuse a urine test but then you're fired!
And if you want the job in the first place you must be tested. No worries though. A bag of clean urine strapped on will do just fine.

I don't know how the laws in the workplace are like where you live but in my country employers can't perform urine tests just because they feel like it. The only reason for urine tests is if you are a professional athlete, or if you are in a specific kind of job that demands certain physical requirements to be met. Other than that, for your average desk job, employers can't demand urine tests. What would they be looking for anyway? Drugs?

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-01-2015, 09:56 AM
From the web page of Suncor, there isn't a hint that they would be such fascists. You would think a renewable energy company would be run by aging hippies, but I guess it could also be run by greedy capitalists in a veneer of hippidom. Walking area? Are you talking about a clean room?
29-01-2015, 10:03 AM
(29-01-2015 09:47 AM)Blackout Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 09:38 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  You can refuse a urine test but then you're fired!

I don't know how the laws in the workplace are like where you live but in my country employers can't perform urine tests just because they feel like it. The only reason for urine tests is if you are a professional athlete, or if you are in a specific kind of job that demands certain physical requirements to be met. Other than that, for your average desk job, employers can't demand urine tests. What would they be looking for anyway? Drugs?

An employer may demand a drug test before the hire you. They may also demand one after an accident but they cannot do random testing.
Yes they are looking for drugs.
The problem is that crackheads have an easier time cleaning up their urine than potheads. That is fucked. I'd rather work with a pothead that hasn't smoked for a few days than a crackhead whose jonesing!
29-01-2015, 10:54 AM
I work at wal-mart... so yes

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-01-2015, 11:58 AM
(29-01-2015 09:03 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  The company I work for makes its decisions and they're etched in stone. Even though we are in the middle of nowhere the smokers must gather in a small pit to get their fix. If one is caught outside the pit he is fired.
If a person steps outside the designated walking area he is fired.
If a person has an accident and there is traces of THC in the urine he is fired.
Needless to say they are overly strict. It's like a fucking prison here.
There is a god and his name is Suncor!
So how about you? Is your employer a bunch of fascists?

I'd be outta there faster than you can call the boss a wanker...

Seriously though, fuck people like that.

My dad's old boss was like that. A thoroughbred arsehole. My dad overheard him instructing the new warehouse manager... Told him he wasn't to make friends with any of the staff, and that if was "anything less than a cunt" he'd be fired.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Urine drug screen required prior to hire. Random test can be required at any time. Urine drug screen, breathalyzer, and blood panel required with an accident if filing workman's comp. If a coworker is concerned you're intoxicated, off for a drug test. Major error...drug test.

Tobacco is not allowed on campus. You may not smell like smoke or you will be sent home.

Trust me, you want me stone cold sober at my job.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post