God exists...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2015, 12:14 PM
RE: God exists...
(29-01-2015 11:58 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 09:03 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  The company I work for makes its decisions and they're etched in stone. Even though we are in the middle of nowhere the smokers must gather in a small pit to get their fix. If one is caught outside the pit he is fired.
If a person steps outside the designated walking area he is fired.
If a person has an accident and there is traces of THC in the urine he is fired.
Needless to say they are overly strict. It's like a fucking prison here.
There is a god and his name is Suncor!
So how about you? Is your employer a bunch of fascists?

I'd be outta there faster than you can call the boss a wanker...

Seriously though, fuck people like that.

My dad's old boss was like that. A thoroughbred arsehole. My dad overheard him instructing the new warehouse manager... Told him he wasn't to make friends with any of the staff, and that if was "anything less than a cunt" he'd be fired.

A lot of rules but it's a good job. I can't bring myself to leave. I used to work 21 days straight and get 7 off but I'm now working 14 days and 7 off after working 14 on and 14 off for the last 4 months. It's hard to leave that...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2015, 12:17 PM
(29-01-2015 12:04 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Urine drug screen required prior to hire. Random test can be required at any time. Urine drug screen, breathalyzer, and blood panel required with an accident if filing workman's comp. If a coworker is concerned you're intoxicated, off for a drug test. Major error...drug test.

Tobacco is not allowed on campus. You may not smell like smoke or you will be sent home.

Trust me, you want me stone cold sober at my job.

Shit. I got it good..
29-01-2015, 12:35 PM
(29-01-2015 09:03 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  There is a god and his name is Suncor!

You're fired.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-01-2015, 12:55 PM
I was very, very, very, very briefly employed by the YMCA and they made about as many mistakes as God does, does that count?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
29-01-2015, 01:46 PM
(29-01-2015 12:35 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 09:03 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  There is a god and his name is Suncor!

You're fired.

Fuck! You must be one of those big players in the company. If it was known who I am they probably would fire me for this thread. Just like the guy that got fired for taking pictures. Because he might have stolen ideas so he could start his own oil company...
29-01-2015, 01:48 PM
(29-01-2015 12:55 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I was very, very, very, very briefly employed by the YMCA and they made about as many mistakes as God does, does that count?

Perhaps that does count.
But I'm finding it hard to believe you. Any company that makes that many mistakes would no longer exist.. Smile
29-01-2015, 03:06 PM
(29-01-2015 12:04 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Trust me, you want me stone cold sober at my job.

Sure do. But after hours..... Angel

Although randomly, this reminds me of what an Austrian girlfriend once told me (with apologies in advance for the sexism, which is not mine).

She was telling me she always had a problem with that quote (I beieve from Jerry Hall's grandmother) that "to keep a man, you must be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom".

She said she was more often a maid in the bedroom, a cook in the living room and a whore in the kitchen".

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
29-01-2015, 03:22 PM
In the UK we used to have RTA's (Road traffic accidents) but the definition has been changed to RTC (Road traffic collision) as I suppose in a logical world there are no such things as "accidents" and there is always a catalyst (and blame).

I can understand why they do it, to protect themselves.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.