God-guided evolution......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2016, 10:07 AM
God-guided evolution......
How would you respond to someone who believes both in God and in evolution???
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2016, 10:10 AM
RE: God-guided evolution......
(28-11-2016 10:07 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  How would you respond to someone who believes both in God and in evolution???

We have conclusive evidence of evolution.

If they would like to present evidence of god...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
28-11-2016, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2016 10:35 AM by jennybee.)
I actually love theists like this because they are not standing in the way of science, they have the ability to think rationally, and they don't rely on magic for answers. I tend to just let theists like this be and don't typically debate them. I see no conflict with me in my life since their beliefs are their beliefs and they are not impeding me in any way. People who take the Bible literally are the ones I have an issue with because they want to infringe on other's rights, stand in the way of science, and spread hate and misogyny.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
28-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Unless they were trying to combine them in some way, I probably wouldn't say anything. I know plenty of scientists who also believe in a god, and they tend to keep science and religion separate. I'd call them on any attempt to combine them.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-11-2016, 10:19 AM
If god can start life, why not life that doesn't need millions of years to evolve?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
28-11-2016, 10:22 AM
What others have said, as long as they don't try to combine them...I've got no issue.

That is until we know more about abiogenesis and that god-gap becomes even smaller.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Demonstrate that god exists, or i claim pink unicorns guided evolution.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
28-11-2016, 11:24 AM
I would call them catholic(s) as pope seems to think that evolution was guided by space wizard.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-11-2016, 11:28 AM
They are worse than creationists. Because they have no integrity.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
28-11-2016, 11:35 AM
(28-11-2016 11:24 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I would call them catholic(s) as pope seems to think that evolution was guided by space wizard.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

And they say God put a soul in the first man(Adam). But not in his dad and mum because they were not human. These folks are more delusional than creationists.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg