God-guided evolution......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: God-guided evolution......
To BUCKY BALL

I did NOT say that evolution has gaps. I said that the THEORY has gaps.
I believe it to be true.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2017, 05:48 PM
(26-02-2017 04:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
mordant Wrote:What value does the Bible have for you?
I believe it has some value. I believe there is truth in it.
mordant Wrote:Do you read it?

Yes.
Well I am confused. You say you can't interpret the Bible or determine when it's being literal and figurative and yet you read it and believe it has some value despite that you can't determine what it means.
26-02-2017, 06:01 PM
mordant Wrote:Well I am confused. You say you can't interpret the Bible or determine when it's being literal and figurative
I didn't say this. To be more accurate it is only part of what I said.

26-02-2017, 06:05 PM
TO MORDANT

The point I am making is that nobody can say that creation story in the book of Genesis is not true. Unless it is understood correctly
Nobody can say that it is not possible to believe in biblical creation story and theory of evolution at the same time. Unless biblical creation story is understood correctly.

26-02-2017, 06:12 PM
(26-02-2017 06:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  TO MORDANT

The point I am making is that nobody can say that creation story in the book of Genesis is not true. Unless it is understood correctly
Nobody can say that it is not possible to believe in biblical creation story and theory of evolution at the same time. Unless biblical creation story is understood correctly.

It's you that doesn't understand anything, the Adam myth is a myth, none of it ever happened, just like all of the myths of Genesis. Noah's ark, Tower of Babel, Genesis is an amalgam of Babylonian myths.

The only thing that can be derived from it is metaphorical, and that is entirely subjective interpretation, which is worthless, especially coming from a poser that claims that an imaginary god talks to them. Drinking Beverage

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
26-02-2017, 06:24 PM
TheInqusition Wrote:It's you that doesn't understand anything, the Adam myth is a myth, none of it ever happened, just like all of the myths of Genesis.
You don't know what happened in Genesis. You have no clue.
TheInqusition Wrote:The only thing that can be derived from it is metaphorical, and that is entirely subjective interpretation, which is worthless
when you can not interpret correctly it is worthless.

26-02-2017, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2017 07:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-02-2017 05:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  To BUCKY BALL

I believe it to be true.

No one here cares what you believe.
You know nothing about the Bible, or Evolution, or anything else, for that matter.
You are SO uneducated, you said Jesus was Yahweh.
You can't say what the gaps are in the Theory of Evolution.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-02-2017, 07:31 PM
(26-02-2017 07:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-02-2017 05:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  To BUCKY BALL

I believe it to be true.

No one here cares what you believe.
You know nothing about the Bible, or Evolution, or anything else, for that matter.
You are SO uneducated, you said Jesus was Yahweh.
You can't say what the gaps are in the Theory of Evolution.
Bucky Ball Wrote:God said (to himself) the reason Adam was not to eat the apple was that Adam would become immortal, "like us".
It doesn't make any sense. Adam could FREELY eat from the tree of life and live forever(to be immortal).
Genesis doesn't claim what you say. You just made it up.

26-02-2017, 08:14 PM
(26-02-2017 06:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  TO MORDANT

And of course "correctly" is the way YOU understand it.
You have no education in Religion or Biblical Studies, yet here you are, telling people how they HAVE to understand things "correctly". Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-02-2017, 09:31 PM
(26-02-2017 06:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
TheInqusition Wrote:It's you that doesn't understand anything, the Adam myth is a myth, none of it ever happened, just like all of the myths of Genesis.
You don't know what happened in Genesis. You have no clue.
TheInqusition Wrote:The only thing that can be derived from it is metaphorical, and that is entirely subjective interpretation, which is worthless
when you can not interpret correctly it is worthless.

That right there is where you prove yourself to be a liar, you arrogantly assume that your interpretation is the correct one while you demonstrate interminable ignorance.

So you asserted earlier that the theory of evolution has gaps in it. Tell us fount of ignorance, what are these gaps specifically? Teach us your great wisdom.

You are a poser, you pretend you have knowledge from imaginary entities, then try to assert you have some kind of authority while displaying tremendous ignorance.

You don't even have the slightest clues as to the mythical link of Genesis to Babylonian myth as well as not having a clue about science and how Genesis has zero value in determining anything scientifically.

Buckyball can school you extensively in how much you don't know about the myths of Genesis, but as long as you wallow in your ignorance, it does no good to even try to teach you anything, all you can do; like the poser you are, is pretend that we don't understand your myth.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition