God-guided evolution......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2017, 12:26 AM
RE: God-guided evolution......
1)I said: "let there be the garden on my property" and I made the garden. Do you assume that I made it by magic?

2)I came into dark room and said: "let there be light and the was light",
Do you assume that it was a magic? Why don't you assume that I turned the switch or lighted the candle?

3)"God created the heaven and earth". Nothing about His word.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2017, 12:32 AM
To me, the bible heavily implies a cause/effect relationship between god saying stuff and things being created. Or God just creating stuff, out of nothing. Of course, anyone is free to interpret the story however they like.

Do you not believe God created stuff then? You think it was already there and he just fiddled with it? Smile Almost every religious person I've ever heard talk about this believes in God creating stuff.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2017, 12:39 AM
Okay, well "his word" is an irrelevancy really. I take your point he doesn't always say stuff, sometimes he just makes stuff.

What I've never heard, ever, is an explanation of how God makes things.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
27-02-2017, 12:54 AM
(26-02-2017 11:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  7) Nobody can respond to me while I believe in creation story, in God and theory of evolution.

[Image: 52a65778a4f805662c0837fa238e45b4.gif]

Then I welcome you to fuck off, and stop wasting time on the forum.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-02-2017, 12:55 AM
Robvalue Wrote:To me, the bible heavily implies a cause/effect relationship between god saying stuff and things being created. Or God just creating stuff, out of nothing. Of course, anyone is free to interpret the story however they like.
I agree, you are free to interpret the story any way you like. But why would you do this?
Genesis claims that God said and then maid something. No mention how He made it.

One more time, if you read my statements: "let it be the garden on my property. then I made my garden" would you automatically assume that it was by magic? out of nothing?
According to Genesis God creates stuff. How? Genesis is silent.
Did God create absolutely everything? Genesis is silent. Then why should we assume things?

27-02-2017, 12:57 AM
(27-02-2017 12:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Then I welcome you to fuck off, and stop wasting time on the forum.
And I welcome you to ignore me.
P.S. You are adorable. Smile

27-02-2017, 01:04 AM
(27-02-2017 12:57 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 12:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Then I welcome you to fuck off, and stop wasting time on the forum.
And I welcome you to ignore me.
P.S. You are adorable. Smile

I'll ignore you when you stop shitting on the carpet.

P.S. You're a credulous dipshit.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-02-2017, 01:20 AM
(28-11-2016 10:07 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  How would you respond to someone who believes both in God and in evolution???

"Which watch-maker is better? The one whose watch must be continually reset, or the one whose watch ticks on without attention?"

I can't remember who it was who wrote that, but it sums it up in a nutshell for me. If you posit a god who is omnipotent, that god may surely arrange things so that his or her plan unfolds without any further need for intervention.

If they accept evolution to be a fact, they've already started away from magical thinking. Encourage that.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-02-2017, 01:49 AM
(27-02-2017 12:55 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Robvalue Wrote:To me, the bible heavily implies a cause/effect relationship between god saying stuff and things being created. Or God just creating stuff, out of nothing. Of course, anyone is free to interpret the story however they like.
I agree, you are free to interpret the story any way you like. But why would you do this?
Genesis claims that God said and then maid something. No mention how He made it.

One more time, if you read my statements: "let it be the garden on my property. then I made my garden" would you automatically assume that it was by magic? out of nothing?
According to Genesis God creates stuff. How? Genesis is silent.
Did God create absolutely everything? Genesis is silent. Then why should we assume things?

I'm only going by what theists say. Here in reality, there's no evidence any of it happened so it's totally moot. I don't assume any of it happened at all. It's a story book.

Most theists, including Christians, claim God created everything (except himself).

If someone was talking to themselves while making stuff, I'd assume they were perhaps a bit loopy. If no details were given, I wouldn't assume anything further. But Christians tell me what they believe God did.

27-02-2017, 02:05 AM
(26-02-2017 09:05 AM)Alla Wrote:  
port_of_call Wrote:If you believe in both evolution and God, then we can already assume you don't take the Bible literally. So, make 100% of the Bible metaphor.
The whole Bible? Not necessarily. It is still possible that something can be taken literally, something can be taken metaphorically.
But if we talk about creation story then again. It can be both.

port_of_call Wrote:Now you have to invent a story that aligns the Biblical metaphor with the story of evolution. That story could describe monkey-humans who one day wake up with the conscious ability to know God. This could be your new Adam and Eve.
Oh, you don't have to invent any story at all. I like this option a lot.

port_of_call Wrote:This might work for you, but you have to admit that it's a story you made up
I agree

port_of_call Wrote:There's another issue with theistic evolution and Christian theology. In Christianity, death is the consequence of mankind's sin. In the theory of evolution, death is the mechanism of creation. So which is it?
It can be both. Depends on this: did God talk about spiritual death or physical death? God said Adam would die the same day. Does word "day" = 24 hours? Did Adam die within 24 hours?
So, I can believe in God, in Genesis creation story and in evolution. But there are gaps in creation story meaning there are gaps in the book of Genesis, and there are gaps in evolution theory.

port_of_call Wrote:Did man somehow reject God in order to be created in the first place?
It could be. I believe it is very, very possible. Adam could exist long before his physical body was created and he could choose to obey or to disobey God.

[Image: 33ma3ux.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post