God-guided evolution......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2017, 02:22 AM
RE: God-guided evolution......
(27-02-2017 12:26 AM)Alla Wrote:  1)I said: "let there be the garden on my property" and I made the garden. Do you assume that I made it by magic?

2)I came into dark room and said: "let there be light and the was light",
Do you assume that it was a magic? Why don't you assume that I turned the switch or lighted the candle?

3)"God created the heaven and earth". Nothing about His word.

So your god is not omnipotent, then. Got it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2017, 02:28 AM
Okay well, like I said, the "magic" bit is just what it sounds like to most atheists. Most religious people seem think God created everything, at some point, in some undefined manner. Usually out of nothing. I'm not sure what the objection is.

What are they basing this on? Nothing, usually. That's not my fault.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
27-02-2017, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2017 04:10 AM by EvolutionKills.)
This is a public service announcement for the new people.

Alla is not worth your time.

She claims to be nominally Mormon, but she's about as well informed about her own Mormonism as your average cafeteria Catholic (you know, that ones that don't realize that communion is literally a cannibalistic ritual). She has very often expressed views and beliefs that are whole cloth pulled out of her ass, very much carrying on the legacy of Joseph Smith in her own way. She is either one of the most credulous and uncritical casual liars on the forum, or she's the most brilliant Poe we've ever hosted.

Whether or not you find her worth engaging I leave up to you, but on the whole, I find here worthy of little more than well deserved derision.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-02-2017, 04:34 AM
One thing I've been meaning to ask Alla is this:

You've mentioned salvation. What do you need saving from?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
27-02-2017, 04:45 AM
(27-02-2017 04:34 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  One thing I've been meaning to ask Alla is this:

[Image: Rabbit-Hole-2.jpg]

Good luck with that. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-02-2017, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2017 06:18 AM by TheInquisition.)
(27-02-2017 12:16 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Robvalue Wrote:Although evolution-savvy religious guys don't believe in "creationism" any more, they still generally subscribe to some situation where their boss guy created everything by magic. Just not 6,000 years ago.
I don't believe that biblical God created everything by magic.
BTW, even the Bible doesn't claim such thing.

Magic would be necessary to create the universe in one day. Do you even understand why?

Magic would be necessary to create the Earth in one day. Do you even understand why?

Magic would be necessary to create the earth and water before light was created. Do you even understand why?

Magic would be necessary to create plants before the sun was created. Do you even understand why?

Do you even have the most rudimentary understanding about when things like grass evolved and how the myth of Genesis gets every bit of it wrong?

Do you even have a valid definition of magic? It seems like you're just pulling it out of your ass.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
27-02-2017, 06:41 AM
(27-02-2017 05:57 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Do you even have a valid definition of magic? It seems like you're just pulling it out of your ass.

Consider

EvolutionKills Wrote:She [Alla] has very often expressed views and beliefs that are whole cloth pulled out of her ass, very much carrying on the legacy of Joseph Smith in her own way.

Of course it was.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-02-2017, 07:45 AM
(26-02-2017 11:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  3) no, Bucky Ball, there is no such quote in Genesis: "God said (to himself) the reason Adam was not to eat the apple was that Adam would become immortal, "like us"."

I gave you chapter AND VERSE. You can put your fingers in your ears from now till kingdom come, it won't change the FACT, that what I said IS THERE. ANYONE can read it. You're a lying, ignorant SOB.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-02-2017, 10:28 AM
TheInqusition Wrote:Magic would be necessary to create the universe in one day.
If we to assume that word "day" stands for 24 hours.
TheInqusition Wrote:Magic would be necessary to create the Earth in one day.
If we to assume that word "day" stands for 24 hours.
TheInqusition Wrote:Magic would be necessary to create the earth and water before light was created. Do you even understand why?
Magic would be necessary to create plants before the sun was created. Do you even understand why?
Do you even have the most rudimentary understanding about when things like grass evolved and how the myth of Genesis gets every bit of it wrong?
Chapter 1, Verse 1: ...God created heaven and earth.
so, first things that Genesis mentions are heaven and earth.
question: what is heaven? what is it organized from? what is in it?

Verse 3: ...God said: Let there be light and there was light.
Question #1: what was the source of that light?
Question #2: where does it say that God created light? I came into the dark room, I say: "let it be light". Then it was light in the room. Do you have to assume that I was planning to create and then created something that didn't exist before I said those words?

"Let it be light" and later there was light could mean that I turned on the switch. But I just didn't mention it.

Genesis chapter 2:
4 ...Lord made the earth and the heavens,
5 and every plant of the field BEFORE IT WAS IN THE EARTH

Questions:
what does it mean that plants were created BEFORE they were in the earth?
why doesn't chapter 1 say anything like this about plants?
chapter 1 verses 6 and 7. It talks about waters and the division of waters. what does it mean exactly?

If you don't have answers to ALL those questions you don't understand creation story which is described in Genesis.

Magic: is it an illusion? a trick?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
27-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Robvalue Wrote:One thing I've been meaning to ask Alla is this:
If you continued to answer my questions in the thread where you asked me to tell you the number and if you answered my question "what is next?" you might have an answer, eventually. I was leading you towards the answer. But you chose not to do this. It is totally fine with me.
So, what was the number? I am just curious.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED