God-guided evolution......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: God-guided evolution......
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:So your god is not omnipotent, then. Got it.
This is not what I believe. God is omnipotent.
Omnipotence is the quality of having unlimited power.
God has unlimited power to create something that didn't exist before. But if something already exists God doesn't have to create.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2017, 11:03 AM
But I want to make it easier for you, Rob.
the answer is this:
we need to be saved from hell.

27-02-2017, 11:13 AM
(27-02-2017 10:37 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Robvalue Wrote:One thing I've been meaning to ask Alla is this:
You've mentioned salvation. What do you need saving from?
If you continued to answer my questions in the thread where you asked me to tell you the number and if you answered my question "what is next?" you might have an answer, eventually. I was leading you towards the answer. But you chose not to do this. It is totally fine with me.
So, what was the number? I am just curious.

I was going to come back to that. Never mind.

The number was 1111.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2017, 12:26 PM
(27-02-2017 10:28 AM)Alla Wrote:  
TheInqusition Wrote:Magic would be necessary to create the universe in one day.
If we to assume that word "day" stands for 24 hours.
TheInqusition Wrote:Magic would be necessary to create the Earth in one day.
If we to assume that word "day" stands for 24 hours.
TheInqusition Wrote:Magic would be necessary to create the earth and water before light was created. Do you even understand why?
Magic would be necessary to create plants before the sun was created. Do you even understand why?
Do you even have the most rudimentary understanding about when things like grass evolved and how the myth of Genesis gets every bit of it wrong?
Chapter 1, Verse 1: ...God created heaven and earth.
so, first things that Genesis mentions are heaven and earth.
question: what is heaven? what is it organized from? what is in it?

Verse 3: ...God said: Let there be light and there was light.
Question #1: what was the source of that light?
Question #2: where does it say that God created light? I came into the dark room, I say: "let it be light". Then it was light in the room. Do you have to assume that I was planning to create and then created something that didn't exist before I said those words?

"Let it be light" and later there was light could mean that I turned on the switch. But I just didn't mention it.

Genesis chapter 2:
4 ...Lord made the earth and the heavens,
5 and every plant of the field BEFORE IT WAS IN THE EARTH

Questions:
what does it mean that plants were created BEFORE they were in the earth?
why doesn't chapter 1 say anything like this about plants?
chapter 1 verses 6 and 7. It talks about waters and the division of waters. what does it mean exactly?

If you don't have answers to ALL those questions you don't understand creation story which is described in Genesis.

Magic: is it an illusion? a trick?

I care nothing about your goofy mormonized twisting of Genesis, the verses CLEARLY refer to 24 hour days, I will cite this from Creation.com:

The days of Creation: A semantic approach

The syntagmatic relationships of yôm in Genesis 1 have been considered and it has been demonstrated that, when used with a number, the pattern is always a normal time period. If ‘night’ is combined with yôm, it always denotes a 24-hour day. If yôm is used with either ‘morning’ or ‘evening’, they too refer to a literal day. When ‘morning’ and ‘evening’ are used together, with yôm, it always signifies a solar day. So the syntagmatic relationships that yôm has illustrate clearly that the meaning is to be; considered a normal time period, consisting of one axial rotation of the earth, called a ‘day’.

The various words that could have been substituted for yôm have been considered by the paradigmatics. There was the possibility that an ancient creation might have been communicated. There were three good ways of saying this in Hebrew. The possibility that the events of creation could still be continuing (that is, theistic evolution) was examined. If this was the intended meaning for Genesis 1, then any one of four choices could have been selected. There is the possibility that the time factor was meant to be ambiguous. If this was the focus of the passage, then the Hebrew language had three possible ways of communicating this point. The Hebrew language also had the potential to communicate that all the events on a ‘day’ were done instantly. The paradigmatic relationships of yôm are indeed significant.

The point of discussing the semantic approach should be rather obvious. God, through the ‘pen’ of Moses, is being redundant for redundancy’s sake. God is going out of His way to tell us that the ‘days’ of creation were literal solar days. He has used the word yôm, and combined this with a number and the words ‘morning’ and ‘evening’. God has communicated the words of Genesis 1 in a specific manner, so that the interpreter could not miss His point. God could not have communicated the timing of creation more clearly than He did in Genesis 1.

The meaning of words is important for clear communication. It is by their use and contrast that we can accurately arrive at correct biblical interpretation. We can apply a semantic approach to Scripture and believe that we have understood what God wants us to know. As this approach is applied to Genesis 1, the only meaning which is possible is that the ‘days’ of creation were 24 hour days.

You can't simply pick whichever definition of a word you prefer unless you're willing to set aside the entire bible as something that can simply be changed on a whim.

Another article:

Creation days and Orthodox Jewish tradition

But now we would say that the earth was rotating relative to the light created on Day 1.

The footnote makes sure we get the point when it says, “The heavenly sphere made one revolution. The sun was not yet …”.4 This shows that they had no problem with the sun being created on the fourth day, as opposed to ‘appearing’ as many long-agers, e.g. Hugh Ross, claim. There is a perfectly good word for appear (ra’ah), e.g. when the dry land ‘appeared’ as the waters gathered in one place on Day 3 (Genesis 1:9). But it is not used here.

The only person that you're fooling with your dishonest word games is yourself, you don't have any kind of serious scholarship to back up your assertions.

Of course there are other global effect myths in Genesis such as Noah's flood and the Tower of Babel. I wonder how much mormonized twisting of scriptures is necessary to get those myths to sound plausible.

Considering that you swallow Joey's book of bullshit whole, it probably doesn't take much.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
27-02-2017, 12:51 PM
TheInquisition Wrote:I care nothing about your goofy mormonized twisting of Genesis,
1)It is irrelevant.
2)I didn't twist anything.

TheInquisition Wrote:the verses CLEARLY refer to 24 hour days, I will cite this from Creation.com:
If those verses so CLEARLY refer to 24 hour day then why do you need to cite Creation.com?
I would appreciate if you refer me to verse/verses in Genesis were it simply says: "word "day" refers to 24 hour day"

FACT: Genesis does not explain what word "day" in creation story means.
So, nobody knows UNLESS God reveals what it refers to.
Nobody understands UNLESS God explains.

27-02-2017, 12:54 PM
(27-02-2017 12:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  FACT: Genesis does not explain what word "day" in creation story means.

Translation: It's only authentic when the voices in my head say so.

Anyone else still left wondering if Alla isn't utterly full of shit and an absolute waste of space? I didn't think so... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-02-2017, 12:56 PM
(27-02-2017 12:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
TheInquisition Wrote:I care nothing about your goofy mormonized twisting of Genesis,
1)It is irrelevant.
2)I didn't twist anything.

TheInquisition Wrote:the verses CLEARLY refer to 24 hour days, I will cite this from Creation.com:
If those verses so CLEARLY refer to 24 hour day then why do you need to cite Creation.com?
I would appreciate if you refer me to verse/verses in Genesis were it simply says: "word "day" refers to 24 hour day"

FACT: Genesis does not explain what word "day" in creation story means.

And there you have it, only the voices in your head determine what is true.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
27-02-2017, 01:07 PM
1)None of my questions were answered.
I may conclude that there is only one reason for that: those whom I asked do NOT understand creation story which is described in Genesis. They have no clue.

2)Nobody knows what word "day" in creation story means. Reason? It is not revealed in book of Genesis.
But one thing is clear. God had something to do with creation of heaven and earth.

3)There is no reason to reject evolution theory while believing in God of heaven and earth and Genesis creation story

27-02-2017, 01:15 PM
(27-02-2017 01:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  1)None of my questions were answered.
I may conclude that there is only one reason for that: those whom I asked do NOT understand creation story which is described in Genesis. They have no clue.

2)Nobody knows what word "day" in creation story means. Reason? It is not revealed in book of Genesis.
But one thing is clear. God had something to do with creation of heaven and earth.

3)There is no reason to reject evolution theory while believing in God of heaven and earth and Genesis creation story

Your full of shit, I showed exactly what it means and the linguistics it is based upon. There is ample reason to see that a 24 hour day is the only reasonable interpretation. Just because your a credulous fool doesn't change any of that.

You are forced to reinterpret Genesis because of the absurdity of the story, you aren't fooling anyone with your sophistry.

27-02-2017, 01:44 PM
TheInqusition Wrote:Your full of shit,
it's irrelevant.

TheInqusition Wrote:I showed exactly what it means and the linguistics it is based upon. There is ample reason to see that a 24 hour day is the only reasonable interpretation. Just because your a credulous fool doesn't change any of that.
Oh, You showed it to me. Is it right?
OK.
You and I live in the 18th century in Australia. There is no internet, there is no smart Jew(scholar-shmolar in religious study). It is just you, me and the book of Genesis.
Why should I assume that word "day" = 24 hours?
Just you, me and Genesis.