double post

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2017, 01:55 PM
RE: God-guided evolution......
(27-02-2017 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  Just you, me and Genesis.

Why should anyone treat the Book of Genesis as anything but fiction, ya' dumb cunt? Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-02-2017, 01:58 PM
TheInqusition Wrote:You are forced to reinterpret Genesis because of the absurdity of the story, you aren't fooling anyone with your sophistry.
Thank you.
Genesis is not clear on almost anything except one thing - God has something to do with creation of heaven and earth and things in it.
Even little child can understand this claim. You don't even need Creation.com or super-duper smart Jew. You don't even need Bucky Ball to understand this claim.

27-02-2017, 02:02 PM
EvolutionKills Wrote:Why should anyone treat the Book of Genesis as anything but fiction, ya' dumb cunt
why do you ask me?

what is "dumb cunt"?

27-02-2017, 02:33 PM
(27-02-2017 01:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
TheInqusition Wrote:You are forced to reinterpret Genesis because of the absurdity of the story, you aren't fooling anyone with your sophistry.
Thank you.
Genesis is not clear on almost anything except one thing - God has something to do with creation of heaven and earth and things in it.
Even little child can understand this claim. You don't even need Creation.com or super-duper smart Jew. You don't even need Bucky Ball to understand this claim.

Genesis is mythology, pure and simple, understanding what it says is as crucial to understanding the world as a Mother Goose story.

The bible has zero credibility and interpretations of a book of zero credibility hold even less value.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
27-02-2017, 02:41 PM
(27-02-2017 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
TheInqusition Wrote:Your full of shit,
it's irrelevant.

TheInqusition Wrote:I showed exactly what it means and the linguistics it is based upon. There is ample reason to see that a 24 hour day is the only reasonable interpretation. Just because your a credulous fool doesn't change any of that.
Oh, You showed it to me. Is it right?
OK.
You and I live in the 18th century in Australia. There is no internet, there is no smart Jew(scholar-shmolar in religious study). It is just you, me and the book of Genesis.
Why should I assume that word "day" = 24 hours?
Just you, me and Genesis.

Genesis 1:4 -And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

You can clearly see how a day is described right there as well as having the backing of biblical scholars. The only people trying to call a day an age are creationists trying to make the Genesis myth sound more plausible than it really is.

The book of Genesis makes other glaring errors that are refuted by science and archeology, such as the Tower of Babel. Languages do not have supernatural origin, no one that wants to be taken seriously would make this assertion.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
27-02-2017, 03:15 PM
TheInqusition Wrote:Genesis 1:4 -And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
You can clearly see how a day is described right there as well as having the backing of biblical scholars.
Forget about biblical scholars for a moment
it is just you, me and Genesis.
were can I see that the first day is 24 hours?

27-02-2017, 03:21 PM
TheInqusition Wrote:Genesis is mythology, pure and simple, understanding what it says is as crucial to understanding the world as a Mother Goose story.
The bible has zero credibility and interpretations of a book of zero credibility hold even less value.
You may say whatever you want about the Bible. But you can not judge credibility of the Bible accurately unless you understand it.

27-02-2017, 03:40 PM
(27-02-2017 03:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
TheInqusition Wrote:Genesis 1:4 -And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
You can clearly see how a day is described right there as well as having the backing of biblical scholars.
Forget about biblical scholars for a moment
it is just you, me and Genesis.
were can I see that the first day is 24 hours?

Holy crap, are you really this dense? Show me where Genesis makes a plain statement about the use of the word day meaning an age. Furthermore, show me what word could have been used to indicate a billion years, it would have been a different word or it would have been the word Yom with a numerical qualifier, such as 1 million Yom.

The Hebrew word for "age" is translated "chay" in English. These are different words with different characters, there is simply no reason to use "Yom" when the word "chay" was available if the verses meant to say that.

This isn't that difficult unless you're trying to twist it to say what you want. Facepalm

You need to stop.

27-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Easy, guys. I've seen Alla in her nastier moments of the past, and I've seen her say some absurd things... but nothing on this thread so far has warranted the way you guys are treating her.

She has been pleasant and patient, and I think you are making us all look pretty bad by being abusive in your replies. There's no call for it. Point out errors in the interpretations all day, such as the "evening and morning were the first day" gives the literal "Yom = 24 hrs" version more credence, but there's no reason to use insulting or demeaning language.

I think Alla's new approach strikes me as worthy of more respect, and much more decency, than she has been getting in return. Even I find this thread painful to read, and I know everyone involved. If I was an outsider reading this thread, not knowing how heated exchanges with her have gotten (and some, I think, quite legitimately) in the past, Alla would look like a saint and we would look like every caricature of Angry Atheists™ portrayed by lying pastors.

Please, I implore all of you... be nicer. Seriously, I don't think she deserves what's going on here, and I think you're making all of us look bad by proxy. Love you guys, but chill out!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post