God-guided evolution......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 10:16 AM
RE: God-guided evolution......
(28-02-2017 10:09 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:57 AM)Alla Wrote:  1)Ok, it is just a story.
2)no, I can't answer your question.

Don't be too upset, Alla. It's a trick question.

You would breach the warp core using dilithium of anything near that impure. (Edit: You can, however, purify your poor sample by irradiating through a sample of good dilithium, so the crystals align and harden.)

Of course, we know you atrekists don't understand the truth of future-physics. It's okay!

Smile

What if you remodulate the shield harmonics, reverse the polarity, narrow the annular confinement beam, and channel the excess through the deflector dish? An inverted symmetric warp field should do the job (although how you tell if a symmetric field is inverted is a good question).

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
28-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Which brings me to one of my other Favorite Things on the Internet™...

http://www.ds10.org/Database/babble.html

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-02-2017, 10:23 AM
(28-02-2017 10:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 10:09 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Don't be too upset, Alla. It's a trick question.

You would breach the warp core using dilithium of anything near that impure. (Edit: You can, however, purify your poor sample by irradiating through a sample of good dilithium, so the crystals align and harden.)

Of course, we know you atrekists don't understand the truth of future-physics. It's okay!

Smile

What if you remodulate the shield harmonics, reverse the polarity, narrow the annular confinement beam, and channel the excess through the deflector dish? An inverted symmetric warp field should do the job (although how you tell if a symmetric field is inverted is a good question).

This guy with his asymmetric warp field. You ain't piloting my ship, dude. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2017, 10:35 AM
(28-02-2017 10:23 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 10:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  What if you remodulate the shield harmonics, reverse the polarity, narrow the annular confinement beam, and channel the excess through the deflector dish? An inverted symmetric warp field should do the job (although how you tell if a symmetric field is inverted is a good question).

This guy with his asymmetric warp field. You ain't piloting my ship, dude. Tongue

I'll use a co-axial warp drive, I promise.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-02-2017, 11:13 AM
(28-02-2017 09:45 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Robvalue Wrote:Well, if someone's sending me to hell and there's nothing I can do to stop it, the last thing I'm going to do is worship them.
exactly, there is no point to worship them.
but you still don't know what hell is. you don't know why there is nothing you have to do and there is nothing you can do to be saved from hell.
P.S. But you WILL know if you continue to talk to me about depression, happiness and misery, and choices you make

Agreed, I don't know what you mean by hell. I'm assuming it's something nonstandard.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
28-02-2017, 11:18 AM
(28-02-2017 09:26 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Robvalue Wrote:All I could do was ENDURE, and HOPE things eventually improved.
Apostol Paul:"we ENDURE all things, we HOPE for all things"
About depression:
First, thank you for sharing this information about yourself. I HOPE you always stay strong enough to ENDURE.
Second, what do YOU usually do to help yourself with depression? and another question, what can YOU do to help yourself with depression?
There is a reason why I ask these questions. I want you to understand my answer to you. The answer was: "we have to be saved from hell"

No problem Smile Thank you.

Sometimes there is nothing I can do to help myself. At my worst, it is about fighting the urge to kill myself.

When I have any strength to fight, I do everything I can to stay positive. I have received therapy and am on anti-depressants. I look for reasons to live. I try and find what enjoyment I can. I try and help others.

What can I do? I don't know what you're getting at here. I've tried everything I can think of.

I don't know what this has to do with hell, although feeling suicidal is what I imagine hell to be like. I could save myself from it. I still want to. I live for other people, and for my pets. This is as good as it's realistically going to get at the moment.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
28-02-2017, 11:23 AM
(28-02-2017 12:50 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  You could do this with literally any story, about anything. You can just interpret it and say "this bit means the Big Bang, this bit means quantum mechanics, blah blah..."

Yup. Not literally any story, but yup. Just another reason not to fall into the trap of trying to reconcile the two.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 11:35 AM by GirlyMan.)
(28-02-2017 08:00 AM)Alla Wrote:  We can CHOOSE either to be HAPPY or to be MISERABLE.

I think that's true. I also think it's a lot harder than it sounds.

But nobody bleeds for the dancer. Girly'll bleed for the dancer, you big galoot.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 11:34 AM
(28-02-2017 11:18 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  At my worst, it is about fighting the urge to kill myself.

My story is that the pain ain't enough for creating such a hole at this time. I also got a line -

Any fool can die for his Gwynnies. I live for my Gwynnies. Heart

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Robvalue Wrote:Agreed, I don't know what you mean by hell. I'm assuming it's something nonstandard.
I don't know what standard is and according to whom but

Hell is to be dead. Hell is to be spirit without physical body forever and ever.

Hell is not to be able to skate through the space while eating pizza. Hell is not to be able to create your own family. Hell is not to be able to pet your dog who has many funny names. Hell is not to be able to touch, to hug and to kiss your wife.
Those are just few examples.
We all go to hell. We all will die. I can have faith in Christ all I want and you can be an atheist all you want but we BOTH will end up in the same place. We BOTH will experience physical death.
You can be the kindest person in the world and I can be the most terrible evil serial killer. BOTH of us can NOT escape hell - physical death.
Can we save ourselves form death(hell)? Can we save others from death(hell)? The answer is "no".

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post