God-guided evolution......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: God-guided evolution......
Robvalue Wrote:Can I just kill myself and go straight there?

I will start with this question.
No, you can't. It is not up to you when to start and when to end this probationary state. There is a reason for this. If you want to know I will tell you.
When we are in the right mind we will never do this. We have instinct of survival. We have fear of death, to be more exact, we have fear of physical pain. At least I can say this about myself. I am afraid of physical pain. I don't like to suffer.
When we are not in the right mind we can kill ourselves. When we are not in the right mind we are NOT accountable for our actions.
Many Christians say that those who kill themselves will go to hell or at least most likely will go to hell. It is horrible thing to say and it is a lie. They simply don't know who they really are.
When someone kills himself/herself it is because he/she was in a lot of pain. All you feel is love and compassion for them. If you could bring them back to life you would wanted to COMFORT them and to HELP them NOT to punish them.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
01-03-2017, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 01:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-03-2017 12:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  It is not up to you when to start and when to end this probationary state.

I do enjoy some of your metaphors.

(01-03-2017 12:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  There is a reason for this. If you want to know I will tell you.

[Image: Picture1_zpskaai7q1d.png]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-03-2017, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 01:22 PM by Alla.)
Robvalue Wrote:Why am I being punished for what my ancestors supposedly did?
You are not,
nobody is punished for someone's choices. It is absurd to say otherwise.
Adam's and Eve's story is the most misunderstood story in the world.
(for a moment we will pretend that this story really happened)
Many would say that what Adam and Eve did was a horrible thing to do. Big mistake. But it was not.
The choice they had to make was NOT between "good" and "bad", but between "good" and "better". They chose "better"

I will ask you a question but it is a rhetorical question.
Let's say Adam lives in a place where he is not capable to have unlimited(eternal) progression. For example, Adam is not capable to create unlimited amount of cool games and enjoy them for eternity. Later Adam learns from Eve (who already has knowledge Adam doesn't have) that there is a place where he will be able to create unlimited amount of games for eternity. But in order TO BECOME this kind of person with this kind of ability Adam has to be in a place were it is possible to prepare himself. But it wouldn't be easy to learn.
Now the question: what would you choose if you were Adam? would you choose to be man with limited abilities and opportunities for all eternity and never know what an opposition/adversity is? Or would you choose to learn and to face an opposition/adversity for a tiny fraction of eternity and then to have unlimited opportunities for eternity?

Robvalue Wrote:Why do I have to endure this shithole, instead of being born where I was meant to be?
Two important reasons:
1) to obtain mortal physical body
2)It is easy to be good and to do good when you do not face an opposition and adversity. When you live in paradise and you have everything good and fun in abundance(money, health, stuff) it is easy to be charitable. But can you be as good and as kind and as charitable and TRUE TO YOURSELF when you have little or nothing, when you face an opposition and adversity? There is no way to know unless you face all of this. There is no way to know unless you ENDURE TO THE END.
We are here TO LEARN if we can be TRUE to ourselves. We have to PROVE to OURSELVES that we ARE good.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
01-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Okay, thanks for explaining Smile

I'm afraid it makes no sense to me so I will leave it there.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
01-03-2017, 01:34 PM
(01-03-2017 01:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  We are here TO LEARN if we can be TRUE to ourselves. We have to prove to OURSELVES that we ARE good.

That's pretty good. So if I were to sum up your philosophy we are all in a state of becoming Gods and death is just the road to awe. I can see how you could run with that. Think I saw a movie like that once, ... ah here it is. And "Death is the Road to Awe" is the name of the music. Knew it wasn't mine. ... I would like to know what the name of that tree was. Sap looks like some good shit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
01-03-2017, 01:35 PM
GirlyMan Wrote:Bring It On
Of course, GirlyMan.
The reason why we can not choose the beginning and the end of this probationary state is because God who is our Father KNOWS us better than we know ourselves. He knows better our weaknesses and strength and our potential, and our talents.
If teacher knows his/her students very well he/she knows better what test students need to have. Teacher know better when to give this test and how long it has to be.
Students don't have enough knowledge to choose what kind of test is THE BEST for them.

01-03-2017, 01:47 PM
(01-03-2017 01:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 01:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  We are here TO LEARN if we can be TRUE to ourselves. We have to prove to OURSELVES that we ARE good.

That's pretty good. So if I were to sum up your philosophy we are all in a state of becoming Gods and death is just the road to awe. I can see how you could run with that. Think I saw a movie like that once, ... ah here it is. And "Death is the Road to Awe" is the name of the music. Knew it wasn't mine. ... I would like to know what the name of that tree was. Sap looks like some good shit.

this is beautiful video and it shows that there is nothing more important in eternity than love and relationship between a man(husband) and woman(wife).

01-03-2017, 01:48 PM
(01-03-2017 01:30 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Okay, thanks for explaining Smile

I'm afraid it makes no sense to me so I will leave it there.
sure Smile
and thanks for asking.

01-03-2017, 01:49 PM
(01-03-2017 01:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  
GirlyMan Wrote:Bring It On
Of course, GirlyMan.
The reason why we can not choose the beginning and the end of this probationary state is because God who is our Father KNOWS us better than we know ourselves. He knows better our weaknesses and strength and our potential, and our talents.
If teacher knows his/her students very well he/she knows better what test students need to have. Teacher know better when to give this test and how long it has to be.
Students don't have enough knowledge to choose what kind of test is THE BEST for them.

Oh forchristsakes! What a bunch of silly hoo-haw.

Discussing and speculating on all the the ins and outs of hell isn't evidence it exists. It's just a bunch proselytizing nonsense. Present incontrovertible evidence of a hell, an afterlife, a heaven, a god.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-03-2017, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 02:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-03-2017 01:30 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  I'm afraid it makes no sense to me so I will leave it there.

It does require some work. Lemme give it a stab.

(01-03-2017 01:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Adam's and Eve's story is the most misunderstood story in the world. (for a moment we will pretend that this story really happened) Many would say that what Adam and Eve did was a horrible thing to do. Big mistake. But it was not. The choice they had to make was NOT between "good" and "bad", but between "good" and "better". They chose "better"

Choice was not between good and evil but between knowledge and blissful ignorance. Chose knowledge cause we couldn't become Gods otherwise.

(01-03-2017 01:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  I will ask you a question but it is a rhetorical question. ... ... would you choose to be man with limited abilities and opportunities for all eternity and never know what an opposition/adversity is? Or would you choose to learn and to face an opposition/adversity for a tiny fraction of eternity and then to have unlimited opportunities for eternity?

You got no one to blame for the existential predicament you now find yourself in but yourself, buckaroo.

(01-03-2017 01:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Robvalue Wrote:Why do I have to endure this shithole, instead of being born where I was meant to be?
Two important reasons:
1) to obtain mortal physical body

Can't become God again without being man first. Them's the rules.

(01-03-2017 01:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  We have to PROVE to OURSELVES that we ARE good.

Realize we are Gods in training and this is the proving grounds.

Apologies if I fucked those up, Alla. You certainly do have an interesting take on things.