God healed boys eye cancer, obvious in video that is not the same boy before & after

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: God healed boys eye cancer
(01-04-2013 11:39 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I'm thinking Dr. McCoy came through with one of his wonder pills from the future. Wink

Snake Oil! Snake Oil! Come and get your Snake oil here! Fresh squeezed Snake Oil. Will cure what ails ya and put a pep in your step! All sales are final your result may (and will) differ cash only!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: God healed boys eye cancer
I think it's the same boy. I'm no medical expert but the area around the eye, including the eyelid, is inflamed. It looks like an infection to me. Given that it is allegedly Nigeria, it could well be an acute infection that had gone untreated.

Now if the video were really pushing for a "miracle from God" or some such thing, they should have said something like "behold, the God-given miracle of antibiotics", but no, they got greedy and went for the religious miracle rather than the scientific miracle.
[+] 3 users Like Katiegal's post
01-04-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: God healed boys eye cancer, in video that is not the same boy before & after
(31-03-2013 08:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I would say he was probably not healed by God. I would almost always take the "not healed by God" side of a bet without even thinking about it.

Why is that?

Is it because you don't believe God re-intervenes to cure diseases He has given people?
or
Is it because you don't have faith in people being honest?
or
Something else?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-04-2013, 08:15 AM
God healed boys eye cancer, obvious in video that is not the same boy before & after
I just Googled images for eyelid cancer and not one picture looks anything like this boy's eyelid. They all look like growths of various types, not severe swelling. So, "for the glory of God", these people lie.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
02-04-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: God healed boys eye cancer, in video that is not the same boy before & after
(01-04-2013 01:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 08:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I would say he was probably not healed by God. I would almost always take the "not healed by God" side of a bet without even thinking about it.

Why is that?

Is it because you don't believe God re-intervenes to cure diseases He has given people?
or
or
Something else?
I would always go for the not healed by God option because there is no evidence a God exists and I every time a theist has claimed a miracle to date, it has always been debunked and proven that they were lying and it wasn't God. I also have a good bullshit sensor.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
02-04-2013, 09:03 AM
RE: God healed boys dick
Faith healing validates the prophet, not god. So even if it is "right," it is still wrong.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 11:48 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(02-04-2013 08:28 AM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 01:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Why is that?

or
or
Something else?
I would always go for the not healed by God option because there is no evidence a God exists and every time a theist has claimed a miracle to date, it has always been debunked and proven that they were lying and it wasn't God. I also have a good bullshit sensor.

I tried to explain that the bolded portion is valid thinking in my probability thread. I was shocked by how many atheists reject this line of thinking as valid.....maybe because it was presented by a theist.
02-04-2013, 11:43 AM
(01-04-2013 01:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Why is that?

or
or
Something else?

I believe God's intervention in the world is quite limited.
02-04-2013, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:51 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
02-04-2013, 12:43 PM
(02-04-2013 12:40 PM)Doctor X Wrote:  These "miracles" remind me of an old Joan Rivers routine regarding UFO.

Quote:Do they visit the President? No. Do they visit the Pope? No. They visit some dumb redneck in a field out in nowhere! "I waz in de field and dere it waz! It screwed Minnie!"

"I enjoyed it!"

I have had people claim "miraculous healing" of broken bones. Well, that is easy--show me the before and after x-rays. "They didn't take any x-rays!" [Image: f287a35d.gif]

I do not care where the fuck you are in America: you have even a sore arm . . . you get an x-ray. If the bone is protruding from your skin . . . you get an x-ray. If you walk in with half an arm . . . and your friend comes in later with the rest of it . . . you get a fucking x-ray--particularly after they put them together.

Never any actual evidence.

--J.D.

As facts become more and more avalible God speaks less and less. We have over 100 hours of fotage of an event that took less than 15 mins to happen real time with that metoerite over Russia yet a Deity that used to speak all the time move mountains ect has been silent.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense