God healed boys eye cancer, obvious in video that is not the same boy before & after

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:51 PM by Doctor X.)
RE: God healed boys eye cancer, in video that is not the same boy before & after

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: God healed boys eye cancer...
If the video's premise was true, it would mean God gives children eye cancer just so He can show off by healing a few. That doesn't exactly make me want to worship Him.
[+] 1 user Likes FlyingPizzaMonster's post
02-04-2013, 01:15 PM
(02-04-2013 01:11 PM)FlyingPizzaMonster Wrote:  If the video's premise was true, it would mean God gives children eye cancer just so He can show off by healing a few. That doesn't exactly make me want to worship Him.

Why couldn't the boy get eye cancer as a result of random happenstance?

I don't see any logic that necessitates that just because God healed, then God caused the affliction. Do you blame your orthopedists who treats you for your broken arm?
02-04-2013, 01:31 PM
(02-04-2013 01:15 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 01:11 PM)FlyingPizzaMonster Wrote:  If the video's premise was true, it would mean God gives children eye cancer just so He can show off by healing a few. That doesn't exactly make me want to worship Him.

Why couldn't the boy get eye cancer as a result of random happenstance?

I don't see any logic that necessitates that just because God healed, then God caused the affliction. Do you blame your orthopedists who treats you for your broken arm?

So god can cure but not prevent?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-04-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: God healed boys eye cancer, in video that is not the same boy before & after
(02-04-2013 11:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 08:28 AM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:   I would always go for the not healed by God option because there is no evidence a God exists and every time a theist has claimed a miracle to date, it has always been debunked and proven that they were lying and it wasn't God. I also have a good bullshit sensor.

I tried to explain that the bolded portion is valid thinking in my probability thread. I was shocked by how many atheists reject this line of thinking as valid.....maybe because it was presented by a theist.

Can you send me a link to your probability thread so I can read it? I think it is valid reasoning when combined with all the other reasoning for the non existence of God.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Re: RE: God healed boys eye cancer, in video that is not the same boy before & after
(02-04-2013 11:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I tried to explain that the bolded portion is valid thinking in my probability thread. I was shocked by how many atheists reject this line of thinking as valid.....maybe because it was presented by a theist.
Here you go again with your pathetic attempts at victimizing yourself. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
03-04-2013, 12:05 AM
(02-04-2013 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 01:15 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Why couldn't the boy get eye cancer as a result of random happenstance?

So god can cure but not prevent?

He could do both but I don't think He does either.
03-04-2013, 02:38 AM
(03-04-2013 12:05 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  So god can cure but not prevent?

He could do both but I don't think He does either.

So he just stands behind the curtain and says "beware that man behind the curtain". Right. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post