God hidden in plain sight

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 02:08 AM
RE: God hidden in plain sight
If this god can't be perceived, then it's possible that it's just a big ol' invisible dog that doesn't understand physics.

To test this idea, I took several items and threw them directly above me. The god dog brought them right back down to me.

Case closed

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
20-03-2017, 02:35 AM
(20-03-2017 02:08 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If this god can't be perceived, then it's possible that it's just a big ol' invisible dog that doesn't understand physics.

To test this idea, I took several items and threw them directly above me. The god dog brought them right back down to me.

Case closed

I don't know if you appreciate the gravity of the god-concept.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
20-03-2017, 04:37 AM
(20-03-2017 12:08 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 10:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Does anyone else see this as a hand grasping a semi-flaccid penis to stroke it into erection?

I.... didn't.

Wait a minute.... Some people think G-d is supposed to live among the clouds. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load It just occurred to me that the picture of the clouds was supposed to represent G-d. That makes this much funnier!!
20-03-2017, 05:15 AM
(20-03-2017 01:59 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 08:35 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Would that mean that we could build a god detecting machine?

> Here you go:
http://www.yo-god.com/default.asp

He's selling them? Darn it! I made a better version, but never sold it, it can rotate to multiple positions for more than yes/no answers.

It even comes with crosses painted on the disc, which can be changed out to Ahnks or any religious symbology. Big Grin

[Image: Deitytester20_zps000c1cdc.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
20-03-2017, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 08:44 AM by OakTree500.)
If "god" can create Earth, the solar system, and ultimately the universe, why can't he create a giant mountain structure that spells out "created by God Circa 4000BC". Then, whether we mentally percieve him/she/it or not, we'd know it was potentially a real thing. Cause and effect.

If we could say "god or gods, if you are real, tell us now", in a seance style and that thing happened (in large enough scale to be believeable/non fake-able, such as...the re-enactment of the parting of the red sea, for example), who gives a shit if you could see/understand them, you would know or at least know enough, to test further.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
20-03-2017, 09:00 AM
If God really existed as he is typically defined, he should be a lot more obvious than he is. He should only be hiding from us if it didn't matter whether we believed in him or not.

Dodgy
20-03-2017, 09:04 AM
(20-03-2017 09:00 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  If God really existed as he is typically defined, he should be a lot more obvious than he is. He should only be hiding from us if it didn't matter whether we believed in him or not.

Dodgy

He may be shy. Or suffer from social anxiety.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
20-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Luke 4:12
"And Jesus answering said to him -- 'It hath been said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."

but I 100% guarantee you, the church would instantly have a lot more business if God just appeared above the earth and said "WHATS UP, MY GLIP-GLOPS", and people saw it happen. And not like a few people, but like ALL the people on one side of the earth, and it was video recorded.

The whole premise of "you should have faith in the lord, he/she/it doesnt need to prove anything to you" is bullshit, and we all learned you have to back up your claims in school lol. We all had that friend who said they had something that was totally made up, and who got laughed at intensely when it became obvious it was garbage. Why doesnt this stuff apply to the church as well?

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
20-03-2017, 10:55 AM
(20-03-2017 09:00 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  If God really existed as he is typically defined, he should be a lot more obvious than he is. He should only be hiding from us if it didn't matter whether we believed in him or not.

Dodgy

Unless, as I've had carefully explained to me, he doesn't want us to *know*, he wants our faith--belief without, or in contradiction of, evidence. That's why he buried fake dinosaur fossils in the ground, and projects a movie of galaxies millions of light years away, and...well, everything else. Apparently he's a con man.
[+] 1 user Likes John Derderian's post
20-03-2017, 10:59 AM
(20-03-2017 10:55 AM)John Derderian Wrote:  

Dodgy

Unless, as I've had carefully explained to me, he doesn't want us to *know*, he wants our faith--belief without, or in contradiction of, evidence. That's why he buried fake dinosaur fossils in the ground, and projects a movie of galaxies millions of light years away, and...well, everything else. Apparently he's a con man.
Gods list of creation:

1. Create life, the universe and everything
2. cover it up, because I don't want people to know it was me
3. ?????
4. Total worship from your creations regardless, because that makes total sense.