God hidden in plain sight

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 06:58 AM
RE: God hidden in plain sight
I worship my Gwynnies! There's even Holy Spirit involved!

Well, it looks like ectoplasm. OK, I go way now. Blush

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-03-2017, 08:18 AM
(21-03-2017 03:56 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  If God(s) does/do exist, good stuff. But why does that mean I have to drop to my knee's for an almighty being to hear me praise them? Sounds almighty insecure if you ask me.

Why would you assume the Almighty wants to hear your prayers or even gives a shit about you or anyone else for that matter?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
21-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Exactly! My point is, that the church/other religion kind of demand you pray/attend the place of worship and generally pledge allegiance to the one true lawd almighty. But why would a supposed all powerful being who creates the infinite span of the universe be remotely concerned about anything I or anybody else does?

They wouldn't, because it'd be a waste of their time, and if they did WANT to hear it.....it'd be a bit random.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
21-03-2017, 11:48 AM
(21-03-2017 06:15 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 05:36 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  If something desires or demands worship, then it's not worthy of worship.

> Interestingly, if a human ruler behaved in this manner, Christians would rightfully label him a tyrant. But their God gets a free pass. Go figure. Facepalm

Another thing, if a father IRL never saw their child, never talked to them, never gave them anything, but at the same time left the child a confusing book to look into when they had questions, demanded they spend some time every day calling them on the phone, text, email, etc. (but the person on the other end wouldn't talk or acknowledge them), demand they send a portion of their money every week, tell all his friends and neighbors how great of a father he was, and assume everything good thing that happened to the kid was the result of the father and every bad thing was either the kid's fault, some other person, or just "a test", Christians would say that father was a deadbeat POS dad who was pretty much psycho.

But since it's God....it's awesome.
[+] 5 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
21-03-2017, 02:57 PM
(21-03-2017 11:48 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Another thing, if a father IRL never saw their child, never talked to them, never gave them anything, but at the same time left the child a confusing book to look into when they had questions, demanded they spend some time every day calling them on the phone, text, email, etc. (but the person on the other end wouldn't talk or acknowledge them), demand they send a portion of their money every week, tell all his friends and neighbors how great of a father he was, and assume everything good thing that happened to the kid was the result of the father and every bad thing was either the kid's fault, some other person, or just "a test", Christians would say that father was a deadbeat POS dad who was pretty much psycho.

But since it's God....it's awesome.
Lol -- yup. Ironically except for leaving the confusing book, you just described my father-in-law and he's not even a Christian. But he is definitely a POS.