God in Quantum Mechanics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2015, 11:03 PM
God in Quantum Mechanics
If God truly exists, then why can mankind observe elementary particles in the quantum superposition state? It is not until we measure a particle, that we collapse the wave function and change it from being in superposition to a definite state. If God does exist, would he not be all knowing, and be observing everything, all the time? In this case, no quantum superposition could exist? Does Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle disprove the existence of a predetermined Universe made by God?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: God in Quantum Mechanics
(08-05-2015 11:03 PM)Timj Wrote:  If God truly exists, then why can mankind observe elementary particles in the quantum superposition state? It is not until we measure a particle, that we collapse the wave function and change it from being in superposition to a definite state. If God does exist, would he not be all knowing, and be observing everything, all the time? In this case, no quantum superposition could exist? Does Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle disprove the existence of a predetermined Universe made by God?

I guess from a theist perspective, this God would know the final position.
09-05-2015, 12:50 AM
(09-05-2015 12:12 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  I guess from a theist perspective, this God would know the final position.

Which renders the entire process moot. Consider

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
09-05-2015, 04:41 AM
(09-05-2015 12:50 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 12:12 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  I guess from a theist perspective, this God would know the final position.

Which renders the entire process moot. Consider

Unless god is trying to be purposely obtuse, you know, because he's a dick. Or as the blue hairs call it, 'mysterious ways'... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-05-2015, 06:05 AM
(09-05-2015 04:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 12:50 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Which renders the entire process moot. Consider

Unless god is trying to be purposely obtuse, you know, because he's a dick. Or as the blue hairs call it, 'mysterious ways'... Dodgy

God can't be a dick - as any purported god is imaginary.

The "dick" part falls to the lying fuck that invented said "god"...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-05-2015, 06:29 AM
(08-05-2015 11:03 PM)Timj Wrote:  If God truly exists, then why can mankind observe elementary particles in the quantum superposition state? It is not until we measure a particle, that we collapse the wave function and change it from being in superposition to a definite state. If God does exist, would he not be all knowing, and be observing everything, all the time? In this case, no quantum superposition could exist? Does Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle disprove the existence of a predetermined Universe made by God?

If ifs and butts were candy and nuts.

Stephen Hawkins "God is not required"

If you have not yet, read "The New Atheism" By Victor Stenger.

Ochamms razor takes care of god claims quite nicely by itself. It is the idea that to fill the gap with the most likely answer, the one that is the least complicated is the most likely answer.

So which makes more sense to you?

"A God exists" which would suffer from the problem of infinite regress "what made that god and what made that god and what made that god and so on and so on and so on"

Or

Humans make up gods because of their own flawed perceptions and fear of being finite.

If you are an atheist, don't play that game with theists. ALL religions pull it. I have seen it not just from Christians, but Jews and Muslims and Hindus. Even without a god Buddhists also have their own superstition of continuing on.

Laurence Krauss will tell you, no matter what QM is telling us, all of this still collapses. "All this" is a giant weather pattern to me. And just like clouds and conditions lead to hurricanes, those hurricanes also end up breaking up.

There is no need to fill that gap of what we don't know yet with gods or superstition.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
09-05-2015, 08:29 AM
I don't understand the OP. If Gawd could see all dimensions, everywhere, and everywhen at once, then he/she/it/shit could observe a particle that's in a superposition, and could trace the location of a particle in all dimensions, even when it's popping in and out of "existence."

If God truly exists, then why are cookies delicious?
Ponder on that.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-05-2015, 08:55 AM
(09-05-2015 12:12 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  

I guess from a theist perspective, this God would know the final position.

Which would be anal, oral genital and 69, ending in the brat burning anyone who doesn't suck his dick.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2015, 10:44 AM
(09-05-2015 08:29 AM)cactus Wrote:  I don't understand the OP. If Gawd could see all dimensions, everywhere, and everywhen at once, then he/she/it/shit could observe a particle that's in a superposition, and could trace the location of a particle in all dimensions, even when it's popping in and out of "existence."

If God truly exists, then why are cookies delicious?
Ponder on that.

I was trying to imagine a God who would have to obey the physical laws of our Universe. Any theist who had spoke of this would always proclaim, "God is transcending to our Universe". This, for me has always been difficult to discuss when asked by a theist. However, none has ever disputed the fact of a non- predetermined Universe. The infinite regression question had always been a problem with me, as this was one of the main reasons if my loss of faith.

I am very new to this forum. I am really enjoying the answers. It is a breath of fresh air to be able to discuss topics with "open minded" people. I live in a rural, religion infested area in the United States.
15-05-2015, 06:17 AM

You make the common mistake of arguing against one particular conception of God as if that was the only one possible. The uncertainty principle means that any possible God could not know the outcome of a measurement that has not been made. Indeed, an unperformed experiment has no result, and therefore any possible God could not know the future. However, I could easily invent a God who violates no laws of physics. I would do this very simply by stipulating that my God does not know everything, is not everywhere at once, and while powerful enough to build stuff from other stuff, is not all-powerful. The God I'd invent would be an inventor who when he gets it wrong, tries again, and our world would be about mid-way in his attempt to make a proper world.

All you've proved is that the God of the bat-shit-crazy fundamentalists in the Judeo-Christian-Islamist tradition is impossible. You haven't proven that there isn't some kind of God. The wackaloons insist that God is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent, exists outside of time and space, loves us, and loves even more to burn us for all eternity if we believe the wrong thing about him. That God is easy to disprove. But most people who believe in God don't believe in that God.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines