God is Existence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2012, 10:59 PM
RE: God is Existence
"God is Existence"
?
Do you mean "God does Exist" or "God is in Existence?"

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2012, 10:15 AM
(21-12-2012 07:50 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Most atheists hate God by denial of God's existence.
Citations? Polls? Sources? Statistics?

(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  They wallow in darkness, unable even to attempt to explain the how and why of God as Existence.
How else is existence to be explain? Or are you advocating utter ignorance of anything?

The same applies to you likewise.

(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Why is there something rather than nothing? This is why they so often "diss" God and theists.
This is a textbook example of an argument from (personal) incredulity.

"I don't understand why there is something rather than nothing, therefore god (did it)."

(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  God exists because Existence is God
To the contrary, god does not exist because non-existence is god. Do you see how easy it is to make an argument that is based on the fallacy of circular reasoning?
What warrant do you have that god is non-existence when existence exists?
23-12-2012, 10:18 AM
(21-12-2012 07:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Most atheists hate God by denial of God's existence. They wallow in darkness, unable even to attempt to explain the how and why of God as Existence. Why is there something rather than nothing? This is why they so often "diss" God and theists. God exists because Existence is God

Pantheist
You forgot the poll data. If one hates something, by dismissing the claims of it's existence, then you hate the 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto.
It is not a "claim" of existence because existence is patent.
23-12-2012, 10:20 AM
(21-12-2012 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, no, not this bullshit again.

The answer to why there is something is "We don't know, yet."

I am sorry that you don't like that answer. Tough shit.
Then you claim ignorance of existence?
23-12-2012, 10:23 AM
(21-12-2012 09:29 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So you want to know why there is something instead of nothing or do you want to know why you are conscious instead of unconscious ?
(21-12-2012 09:29 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I want to know how and if you can explain existence.

In the purest sense I'm not sure we know what nothing is. Trying to quantify something is a bit easier but as you go smaller and smaller things get muddled in the math and physics of it all.

Why are we conscious ?
Do we need to be ?

If I can sleep walk into the kitchen and pour myself a glass of milk all the while unconscious of any of it, then my awareness is truly not needed for this body to move and react to the environment.

But my consciousness of my environment does help me to better survive many situations that my sleep walking self would not.

Inserting a god into any situation never explains anything. You do that when you want to stop trying to find the real explanation.

Test this by trying to build anything complex that you don't know how to build using only the guidelines given to you from the god you believe in. Your skyscraper won't get very far before crumbling in on itself because it won't be built in a structurally sound way. Your jet plane will not fly because none of the components you manufacture will work.

Science provides a pathway to true explanations about the things we observe but we don't know everything. One must BUILD upon the knowledge from the past not ignore it in favor of a fairy tale.

A god will never help you build a jet plane nor will it ever lead you to a true explanation.
23-12-2012, 10:25 AM
(21-12-2012 09:31 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Starts thread #1 saying we hate god
Gives BS definition of god in thread 1
Never responds to any of the objections in thread 1

Starts thread #2 on same BS definition
Drinking Beverage Going to just keep enjoying my coffee with the espresso shot for now.
You evade my argument by criticizing that I made it and do not address it.
23-12-2012, 10:26 AM
(21-12-2012 09:58 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I hate statements that go something like atheists hate non-existent entities. Angry
Existence is an entity which is impossible to deny as a denial exists.
23-12-2012, 10:29 AM
(23-12-2012 10:26 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Existence is an entity which is impossible to deny as a denial exists.
Care to elaborate on this? We seem to be too dim-witted for these pearls of wisdom.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
23-12-2012, 10:29 AM
(21-12-2012 10:08 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Most atheists hate God by denial of God's existence. They wallow in darkness, unable even to attempt to explain the how and why of God as Existence. Why is there something rather than nothing? This is why they so often "diss" God and theists. God exists because Existence is God

Pantheist
Imbarre, please offer some substantial material that we can go by.
So far you're just making statements in a pool full of people that you know will disagree with you.

Need some serious materials/walls of text in order to (maybe) take you seriously.

And.... Go
I am offering a radical ontological argument. That God is Existence is warranted by the vastness and complexity of the cosmos. What reason is there no to regard it as God?
23-12-2012, 10:42 AM
(23-12-2012 10:15 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  What warrant do you have that god is non-existence when existence exists?
Non-existence exists as well, doesn't it? Consider

Jokes aside, if your god is synonymous with "existence", why do you call it "god" and not "existence"? And more importantly, for what reason would you want to worship it?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post