God is Existence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2012, 04:55 AM
RE: God is Existence
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lm-barr%C3%A9-phd/8/396/458

^ His LinkedIn, if this is actually him.

Looks like his main schtick is teaching Hebrew and religious philosophy classes. That's nice. But if he's into "social phenomenology", as he puts it, he's not good enough to make a nickel at it or it'd be on his resume too.

Listen Barre, remember that Vanderbilt honor code? About being honest? Yeah. The first step to being truly honest is to be honest with yourself. You're not doing "social phenomenology". You're trolling on the internet. If you want to use big words to hide that fact and make yourself feel important, then fine, go ahead. You have a right to be a pretentious arse. But you're violating that honor code in a fundamental way.

Also, protip, you're not a software designer unless you write code. Maybe in a loose sense if you did flowcharting or algorithm work on it, but really you shouldn't be putting down "software" anything on your resume unless you can write code, and I see no evidence that you can actually do that. That honesty thing again.

Ben hundan

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2012, 05:52 AM
(24-12-2012 04:55 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lm-barr%C3%A9-phd/8/396/458

^ His LinkedIn, if this is actually him.

Looks like his main schtick is teaching Hebrew and religious philosophy classes. That's nice. But if he's into "social phenomenology", as he puts it, he's not good enough to make a nickel at it or it'd be on his resume too.

Listen Barre, remember that Vanderbilt honor code? About being honest? Yeah. The first step to being truly honest is to be honest with yourself. You're not doing "social phenomenology". You're trolling on the internet. If you want to use big words to hide that fact and make yourself feel important, then fine, go ahead. You have a right to be a pretentious arse. But you're violating that honor code in a fundamental way.

Also, protip, you're not a software designer unless you write code. Maybe in a loose sense if you did flowcharting or algorithm work on it, but really you shouldn't be putting down "software" anything on your resume unless you can write code, and I see no evidence that you can actually do that. That honesty thing again.

Ben hundan
What is a troll?

Gee Ward, I think you were kinda hart on the Beav

Atheist are the polar opposites of Christian fundamentalists. Equally fanatical and closed minded. The forum remind me of some sort of sandbox where there share the cat turds they find and hide behind their "cool" username, complete with bitchin' avatar of themselves. You are all naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity. There they go. The athiests. The few. The proud. The latrines. Everyone I have heard here are raging assholes and proud of it. Atheist are idiots. They fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. Someone get some fucking air freshener. I grow weary of plugging my nose. You all are bunch of hostile fucks toward God and humanity. Patent.
24-12-2012, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 06:18 AM by Vera.)
(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  What is a troll?

By the looks of it - you are.

Quote:You are all naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity. There they go. The athiests. The few. The proud. The latrines. Everyone I have heard here are raging assholes and proud of it. Atheist are idiots. They fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. Someone get some fucking air freshener.

The only one who can't seem to get a handle on his hostility is you. What exactly do you hope to accomplish by coming here and spouting this mumbo-jumbo that only you and a bunch of guys in the nearby mental hospital can make heads or tail of? To convert us to your specific brand of idiocy? To prove to us we are fucktards? To feel better about yourself? To just flap your gums for no better reason than because you can and have nothing better to do?

Quote:I grow weary of plugging my nose.

DITTO!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
24-12-2012, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 06:37 AM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Atheist are the polar opposites of Christian fundamentalists. Equally fanatical and closed minded.

Wrong again.

(Side note, usually we try to get our subject and verb to agree on their tense - "Atheist" is singular while "are" is plural - look into it, Doc.)

Christian, Christian, Christian. Why is it that we Amuricuns think the only religion is Christianity? Why can't atheists be the polar opposites of Muslim fundamentalists, or of Jewish fundamentalists of or Jainist fundamentalists or of Scientologist fundamentalists or of...?

Aside from that, atheists are not the polar opposites of anything, except theists, but that's implicit in the word. You see, Doc, when you put an "a" prefix onto a root word, like adding "a" to "theist" to form "atheist", that prefix tells you that this new word is the opposite, maybe even polar opposite, of the root word.

(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  The forum remind me of some sort of sandbox where there share the cat turds they find and hide behind their "cool" username, complete with bitchin' avatar of themselves.

Subject-verb agreement again, Doc. See, "forum" is singular while "remind" is plural. You really should watch that, especially in a thread where you try so hard to establish your credibility as a doctor. 20 years of schooling, give or take, you should have mastered this concept by now.

(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  You are all naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity. There they go. The athiests. The few. The proud. The latrines. Everyone I have heard here are raging assholes and proud of it. Atheist are idiots. They fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. Someone get some fucking air freshener. I grow weary of plugging my nose. You all are bunch of hostile fucks toward God and humanity. Patent.

The rest of your post is, well, not really worthy of any reply. I would have expected more out of a PhD. Hell, I would have expected more out of a Jr. High graduate. I hope you didn't get your doctorate my making blanket generalizations devoid of supporting data, then defending your dissertation by devolving into a querulously petulant adolescent and deteriorating into hurling vituperous invective at the first logical rebuttal to undermine your ill-conceived and likely specious, at best, thesis.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
24-12-2012, 06:33 AM
(23-12-2012 10:20 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, no, not this bullshit again.

The answer to why there is something is "We don't know, yet."

I am sorry that you don't like that answer. Tough shit.
Then you claim ignorance of existence?
Huh? How do you get that from my response?

I claim ignorance of a reason why there is existence. You seem unable to accept ignorance, to accept that sometimes the answer to a question is "I don't know". Your lack of intellectual rigor and honesty is disheartening.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
24-12-2012, 06:47 AM
(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Atheist are the polar opposites of Christian fundamentalists. Equally fanatical and closed minded. The forum remind me of some sort of sandbox where there share the cat turds they find and hide behind their "cool" username, complete with bitchin' avatar of themselves. You are all naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity. There they go. The athiests. The few. The proud. The latrines. Everyone I have heard here are raging assholes and proud of it. Atheist are idiots. They fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. Someone get some fucking air freshener. I grow weary of plugging my nose. You all are bunch of hostile fucks toward God and humanity. Patent.

The idea that atheists are "polar opposites" of Christian fundamentalists is a stereotype, and not an accurate one. There are plenty of us that are open-minded. Nor are we all "naughty", "nasty", or unable to engage in civil debate -- although I felt the same vibe reading through responses to your posts. But do you believe that you're quieting the insults by adding to them? The bible suggests that you ought not to "repay evil with evil". I'm not implying that I think you're a bible-believer... nothing you've said supports that notion... but it's still a good lesson that I, an atheist, agree with. I think repaying evil with kindness is a very moral thing to do.

There's a lot of mud-slinging here (on both sides), and it's not going to lead to a fruitful debate on this topic. Try to remember that atheists often feel the same anger that you do, and not necessarily for different reasons just because they're different people than you.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2012, 07:57 AM
(24-12-2012 04:08 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Atheism is an interesting ideology.
Except that it's not an ideology. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
24-12-2012, 08:04 AM
(24-12-2012 07:57 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 04:08 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Atheism is an interesting ideology.
Except that it's not an ideology. Drinking Beverage
Stop it, you raging Atheist asshole little child who farts incessantly! Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
24-12-2012, 08:24 AM
(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  What is a troll?

Gee Ward, I think you were kinda hart on the Beav

Atheist are the polar opposites of Christian fundamentalists. Equally fanatical and closed minded. The forum remind me of some sort of sandbox where there share the cat turds they find and hide behind their "cool" username, complete with bitchin' avatar of themselves. You are all naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity. There they go. The athiests. The few. The proud. The latrines. Everyone I have heard here are raging assholes and proud of it. Atheist are idiots. They fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. Someone get some fucking air freshener. I grow weary of plugging my nose. You all are bunch of hostile fucks toward God and humanity. Patent.

Wow. Ohmy

Somebody got all wound up. Tongue

Another problem I got here is identity. You act as if god has identity, but such is a measure of discreetness. How does existence, that is everything, have identity? I ain't getting it.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-12-2012, 08:24 AM
(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Atheist are the polar opposites of Christian fundamentalists. Equally fanatical and closed minded.
Pantheists are the polar opposite of Christian fundamentalists; equally fanatical and closed-minded.

Do you have anything else up your sleeve other than unsubstantiated generalizations, insults and circular arguments? Consider

(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  The forum remind me of some sort of sandbox where there share the cat turds they find and hide behind their "cool" username, complete with bitchin' avatar of themselves. You are all naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity.
(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Atheist are idiots. They fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. Someone get some fucking air freshener. I grow weary of plugging my nose. You all are bunch of hostile fucks toward God and humanity. Patent.
Oh, so you're a hypocrite. Please do complain more about the lack of civility from our side while you generalize and slander this community and over a billion non-believers world-wide at the same time.

(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  There they go. The athiests. The few. The proud. The latrines.
I'd wager that there are far more atheists than pantheists.

(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Everyone I have heard here are raging assholes and proud of it.
Care to explain how I'm a proud, raging asshole?

For someone who claims to have a PhD, you have an extraordinary lack of maturity, education and grammar skills.
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post