God is Existence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2012, 09:50 AM
RE: God is Existence
(24-12-2012 09:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh my. So when my electricity went out for three days last week I was sitting around with chattering god?
What I really hate is when I drink something very cold and my gods start to ache. I'm now using a special godpaste to take care of that problem.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
24-12-2012, 09:52 AM
And I forgot to go to my dentist (or should I call him priest Consider ) to have them cleaned. Do you think I'm gonna get punished for this omission? Even if I promise to go right after the holidays are over?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
24-12-2012, 10:36 AM
(21-12-2012 01:57 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Most atheists hate God by denial of God's existence. They wallow in darkness, unable even to attempt to explain the how and why of God as Existence. Why is there something rather than nothing? This is why they so often "diss" God and theists. God exists because Existence is God

Pantheist
A few questions for you:

1) You ask why there is something rather than nothing and apparently answer with "because of God". Well why is there God rather than nothing?

2) If existence IS God, how is this different from atheism? By that I mean at least most atheists believe in existence. So what would be the difference between existence without God and existence with God (which you say is existence itself)? Either way, there is existence. What's God's contribution or influence on existence?

3) What is existence? (Yes, I'm serious. No good philosopher would attempt to leave that question unanswered.)
Imbarre,
3 questions and no answers.

Still waiting... Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
24-12-2012, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 12:26 PM by Free Thought.)
(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 04:55 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lm-barr%C3%A9-phd/8/396/458

^ His LinkedIn, if this is actually him.

Looks like his main schtick is teaching Hebrew and religious philosophy classes. That's nice. But if he's into "social phenomenology", as he puts it, he's not good enough to make a nickel at it or it'd be on his resume too.

Listen Barre, remember that Vanderbilt honor code? About being honest? Yeah. The first step to being truly honest is to be honest with yourself. You're not doing "social phenomenology". You're trolling on the internet. If you want to use big words to hide that fact and make yourself feel important, then fine, go ahead. You have a right to be a pretentious arse. But you're violating that honor code in a fundamental way.

Also, protip, you're not a software designer unless you write code. Maybe in a loose sense if you did flowcharting or algorithm work on it, but really you shouldn't be putting down "software" anything on your resume unless you can write code, and I see no evidence that you can actually do that. That honesty thing again.

Ben hundan
What is a troll?

Gee Ward, I think you were kinda hart on the Beav

Atheist are the polar opposites of Christian fundamentalists. Equally fanatical and closed minded. The forum remind me of some sort of sandbox where there share the cat turds they find and hide behind their "cool" username, complete with bitchin' avatar of themselves. You are all naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity. There they go. The athiests. The few. The proud. The latrines. Everyone I have heard here are raging assholes and proud of it. Atheist are idiots. They fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. Someone get some fucking air freshener. I grow weary of plugging my nose. You all are bunch of hostile fucks toward God and humanity. Patent.

Hey, you remember that laugh track I responded with before?

It applies here.

Hey, you know that ever present saying "Been here, done that."?

It applies here.

Hey, you know the Accident fallacy (Sweeping generalization)?

It applies here.

Hey, you know the Ad Hominem fallacy?

Guess what?
No, can't guess?
It applies here.

The point of my own little tirade at first might seem like a pointless attempt at a running joke within the one post, but it serves a little more than that (though I admit that is the primary intent, what can I say? I enjoy making fun of people who do stupid things as you just did.) The secondary point was to simply list some things that I saw within your tirade, which I thought were funny, considering your statements can almost all be placed upon yourself, with little trouble, see "...hurl your fucking insults with impunity." for one example.

But let us get down to business, shall we?
Atheists, are the polar opposites of fundamentalists Christians are we? I was no aware of that. though that might explain the apparent massive difference between violent crimes committed by self described atheists and christians, the lack of said crimes being on the atheist side of the camp, mind. Which also explains how we all hate humanity, with our lower likelihood to commit murder n' all that evil, with our evil ideology, which is as much an ideology as not collecting stamps is a hobby. On the topic of evil ideologies, how's about you go attack ideologies that may actually be considered evil, like the ones that mandate the deaths of infidels and heretics, the ones that created the dark ages of Europe, the scientific black-hole that is most of the middle east, the ones that are responsible for countless atrocities and crimes against humanity for which no reparation could be large enough. Instead of attacking atheism, which has a habit of doing fuck all to anybody.

And while you are at it, perhaps next time you enter the forum, you can check your "...naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity." and "...fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. " habits at the door, and go see a doctor about some treatment for your extreme cases of Hypocrite-itis, textual-verbal diarrhoea, and apparent serious digestive troubles.

Oh hey, you know the spelling of "naughty"?

It doesn't apply here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
24-12-2012, 10:57 AM
(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Atheist are the polar opposites of Christian fundamentalists. Equally fanatical and closed minded. The forum remind me of some sort of sandbox where there share the cat turds they find and hide behind their "cool" username, complete with bitchin' avatar of themselves. You are all naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity. There they go. The athiests. The few. The proud. The latrines. Everyone I have heard here are raging assholes and proud of it. Atheist are idiots. They fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. Someone get some fucking air freshener. I grow weary of plugging my nose. You all are bunch of hostile fucks toward God and humanity. Patent.
Wow, you come here and make an outlandish claim and then, when merely asked to justify it, you provide not even 1 decent argument in its support. When called on that, you gave us the "PhD" claim as though that gives you some automatic free pass to being right. Laugh out load And then, when called on that, THIS (quoted) is what you now have to say. This latest post of yours is likely the most honest one you have posted yet and I'd say it gives us true insight into the real you. I'm definitely not the least bit impressed. Rolleyes

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
24-12-2012, 11:31 AM
(24-12-2012 10:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Atheist are the polar opposites of Christian fundamentalists. Equally fanatical and closed minded. The forum remind me of some sort of sandbox where there share the cat turds they find and hide behind their "cool" username, complete with bitchin' avatar of themselves. You are all naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity. There they go. The athiests. The few. The proud. The latrines. Everyone I have heard here are raging assholes and proud of it. Atheist are idiots. They fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. Someone get some fucking air freshener. I grow weary of plugging my nose. You all are bunch of hostile fucks toward God and humanity. Patent.
Wow, you come here and make an outlandish claim and then, when merely asked to justify it, you provide not even 1 decent argument in its support. When called on that, you gave us the "PhD" claim as though that gives you some automatic free pass to being right. Laugh out load And then, when called on that, THIS (quoted) is what you now have to say. This latest post of yours is likely the most honest one you have posted yet and I'd say it gives us true insight into the real you. I'm definitely not the least bit impressed. Rolleyes
A quick Google search...

and here you go.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-12-2012, 11:37 AM
(24-12-2012 11:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 10:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Wow, you come here and make an outlandish claim and then, when merely asked to justify it, you provide not even 1 decent argument in its support. When called on that, you gave us the "PhD" claim as though that gives you some automatic free pass to being right. Laugh out load And then, when called on that, THIS (quoted) is what you now have to say. This latest post of yours is likely the most honest one you have posted yet and I'd say it gives us true insight into the real you. I'm definitely not the least bit impressed. Rolleyes
A quick Google search...

and here you go.
That can't be him. There's no way this guy has a PhD in any religion. Nor would he be accepted to write in the Catholic Bible Quarterly. Nor would he be that old (by his behavior, I had him figured for no older than early 20's, if that). However, it might be who he is pretending to be.

24-12-2012, 11:44 AM
(24-12-2012 11:37 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 11:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  A quick Google search...

and here you go.
That can't be him. There's no way this guy has a PhD in any religion. Nor would he be accepted to write in the Catholic Bible Quarterly. Nor would he be that old (by his behavior, I had him figured for no older than early 20's, if that). However, it might be who he is pretending to be.
Well, I checked his intro post and everything lines up... so yeah... he may be pretending.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-12-2012, 12:27 PM
(24-12-2012 05:52 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 04:55 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lm-barr%C3%A9-phd/8/396/458

^ His LinkedIn, if this is actually him.

Looks like his main schtick is teaching Hebrew and religious philosophy classes. That's nice. But if he's into "social phenomenology", as he puts it, he's not good enough to make a nickel at it or it'd be on his resume too.

Listen Barre, remember that Vanderbilt honor code? About being honest? Yeah. The first step to being truly honest is to be honest with yourself. You're not doing "social phenomenology". You're trolling on the internet. If you want to use big words to hide that fact and make yourself feel important, then fine, go ahead. You have a right to be a pretentious arse. But you're violating that honor code in a fundamental way.

Also, protip, you're not a software designer unless you write code. Maybe in a loose sense if you did flowcharting or algorithm work on it, but really you shouldn't be putting down "software" anything on your resume unless you can write code, and I see no evidence that you can actually do that. That honesty thing again.

Ben hundan
What is a troll?

Gee Ward, I think you were kinda hart on the Beav

Atheist are the polar opposites of Christian fundamentalists. Equally fanatical and closed minded. The forum remind me of some sort of sandbox where there share the cat turds they find and hide behind their "cool" username, complete with bitchin' avatar of themselves. You are all naughtly little nasty children, so insecure you cannot abide a civil debate and rather hurl your fucking insults with impunity. There they go. The athiests. The few. The proud. The latrines. Everyone I have heard here are raging assholes and proud of it. Atheist are idiots. They fart incessantly and cry foul and become hostile when the evil ideology is exposed. Someone get some fucking air freshener. I grow weary of plugging my nose. You all are bunch of hostile fucks toward God and humanity. Patent.

[Image: 32328344.jpg]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
24-12-2012, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 02:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-12-2012 10:18 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You forgot the poll data. If one hates something, by dismissing the claims of it's existence, then you hate the 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto.
It is not a "claim" of existence because existence is patent.
No one is denying existence, obviously. The thing that's being denied is that is thT IT Iis some sort of a deity. You have provided no explanation for that. In fact, just like the Jeebus as hero business, you are just another in the very long line of nuts who insist on redefining their terms with no justification, and expect orthers to buy the drivel. Good luck with that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post