God is Existence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2012, 03:38 AM
RE: God is Existence
One might think a buncha atheists in love with their own intelligence could tell the difference between an I and an L... Tongue

But I'm not seeing a radical, irrefutable ontological argument, I'm seeing hot air wrapped with a bow. And why is it even necessary that others share your worldview? I always take that as a sign of a weak faith. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-12-2012, 04:08 AM
(21-12-2012 10:08 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Most atheists hate God by denial of God's existence. They wallow in darkness, unable even to attempt to explain the how and why of God as Existence. Why is there something rather than nothing? This is why they so often "diss" God and theists. God exists because Existence is God

Pantheist
Imbarre, please offer some substantial material that we can go by.
So far you're just making statements in a pool full of people that you know will disagree with you.

Need some serious materials/walls of text in order to (maybe) take you seriously.

And.... Go

Pantheism is a traditional theo/philosophical position reaching back to the ancient Egyptians. For an introduction, try Wikipedia.com.

It does not matter if you disagree or not. One of my specialties is sociological phenomenology, part of which is the study of ideology. I post here for reasons of academic research. Atheism is an interesting ideology. Spinoza, Hegel and Einstein were all pantheists.

LM Barre', PhD (Vanderbilt)
Find all posts by this user
24-12-2012, 04:09 AM
(24-12-2012 04:08 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  LM Barre', PhD (Vanderbilt)
This is supposed to make us take this mumbo-jumbo more seriously?

Laugh out load

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
24-12-2012, 04:14 AM
(24-12-2012 04:09 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 04:08 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  LM Barre', PhD (Vanderbilt)
This is supposed to make us take this mumbo-jumbo more seriously?

Laugh out load
Yes.
[+] 1 user Likes lmbarre's post
24-12-2012, 04:17 AM
(24-12-2012 04:14 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 04:09 AM)Vera Wrote:  This is supposed to make us take this mumbo-jumbo more seriously?

Laugh out load
Yes.
Sorry to burst your bubble (though I suspect it might be made of titanium), but it doesn't.

And don't you think words and arguments should speak for themselves?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
24-12-2012, 04:18 AM
(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Most atheists hate God by denial of God's existence. They wallow in darkness, unable even to attempt to explain the how and why of God as Existence. Why is there something rather than nothing? This is why they so often "diss" God and theists. God exists because Existence is God

Pantheist
Prove existence Drinking Beverage

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
24-12-2012, 04:18 AM
Re: God is Existence
A degree implies scholarship; but not always intelligence. Any meathead with an IQ of 120, a lot of student loan debt, and a knack for kissing the prof's ass can get a degree from any prestigious university. However, it takes real brains to actually make a worthwhile contribution to society.

You don't impress me.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
24-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Going through an education system doesn't equal intelligence sugar, you have to actually retain the information. ; )

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
24-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Let's not forget that education, at least in the United States, is a business. If you have money, they will accept you as long as you have the cash to attend.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
24-12-2012, 04:49 AM
(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Most atheists hate God by denial of God's existence.
Ummmm.....what? What evidence do you have to indicate this is true? Please note that by evidence I do not mean your personal views, I mean verifiable, testable indicators for the motion.

(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  They wallow in darkness, unable even to attempt to explain the how and why of God as Existence.
And Again I am left wondering how you have the right to be speaking on the behalf of other people. You clearly do not understand atheism enough to even speak on its behalf.
(21-12-2012 07:37 AM)lmbarre Wrote:  Why is there something rather than nothing? This is why they so often "diss" God and theists. God exists because Existence is God

Pantheist

I keep seeing a pattern. Whenever somebody asks me: "Why is there something rather than nothing" I get the distinct feeling that they think that existence isn't possible without INTENT. They have this misguided notion that things were INTENTIONALLY created and there is no other way it could of happened. This is fallacious and it falls two fallacies. The self dubbed fallacy of intent and the fallacy of incredulity.

So, let me ask:

How the hell did you determine that God is existence?

Is God (I.e existence) and conscious being, able to think and feel?

If so, prove it.

If not, why not just call it existence and leave it at its proper word.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.