God is Imaginary and Non-Existent

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: God is Imaginary and Non-Existent
(05-02-2013 09:50 AM)Egor Wrote:  God is the fundamental monistic consciousness. That's all we can really say about Him. This is no doubt a limiting term, but it's all we can deal with given the parameters of our intellect. His personality is all our personalities and His Word is Jesus Christ.

Therefore, it's not the existence of God that is in question, it's the true existence of everything else. Everything is "of" God's substance, so is anything really real?

A dream is a model for what I'm talking about. In a dream, the only thing that is really real is your mind. Everything in the dream is made from that fundamental monistic substance, that is your mind. So, the question is not do "you" exist, but does anything else in the dream exist?

And this brings us to an even more ironic situation. All these atheist vs. theist debates are pointless, because all we are really debating is the existence of the only thing that does exist.

In my forum, when it is fully operational, the main way I will defeat atheism is to show that atheists really do believe in God. Everyone believes in God. The atheism is just a pretense for something else.
Good illustration of the "imaginary" part of the OP. Tongue

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Honestly, I don't see the imaginary as that much of a problem, fantasy and imagination are wonderful traits and very useful in many walks of life, for a creative person like me even more so. A way to reconcile both worlds can be done through art, music etc... Yet I know what is imaginary and what is real.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2013, 11:03 AM
(05-02-2013 09:50 AM)Egor Wrote:  In my forum, when it is fully operational, the main way I will defeat atheism is to show that atheists really do believe in God. Everyone believes in God. The atheism is just a pretense for something else.
Apart from the fact that the christian god just happens to be your god, because you were born in a certain part of the planet, where some happen to worship this god. If you were muslim, you would say the exact thing about a god called Allah and you'd hate the christian one that you praise so much right now. So for what is atheism a pretense again?

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pxlgirl's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Imaginary God vs Your God Rahn127 33 1,226 19-02-2013 12:05 PM
Last Post: Rahn127
  God does NOT exist. Gods have never existed. They are all imaginary myths we created Rahn127 2 292 07-01-2013 04:02 AM
Last Post: Gaest
  Intelligent Design Debunked: Difference between real, imaginary & transcendent dice lightninlives 10 949 03-10-2012 07:17 AM
Last Post: lightninlives
  The best part about having an imaginary friend... Buddy Christ 6 521 17-12-2010 02:06 AM
Last Post: gaglamesh731