God is Not Dead movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: God is Not Dead movie
(24-03-2014 08:16 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Has anyone seen this new hilarious movie. I just watched the trailer and it seems like the same science backs it up, we're being prosecuted, he helped me through a hard time and turn the one evil atheist into a believer back story. I was hoping they actually were going to be accurate in their portrayal of atheist today but of course they choose the low road and paint the similar inaccurate portrayal ( in relation to the atheist professor). I guess I understand it though its the same type of misleading information that is presented all the time from religious people today. Probably will still see it just to see what new ammo theist will have but that's solely it. Thoughts?

I have seen descriptions of it. It's disingenuous as fuck.

The "teacher" forces his students to sign a paper saying "gawd doesn't exist".

Real fucking accurate portrayal of a university professor, yathink?

Hobo

It's as if atheists acted like real-life fucking xtards -- like the ones in Looziana who treated a Buddhist kid like the strawman "professor" in this movie does.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2014, 06:45 PM
And rotten tomatoes has spoken! 40%. Splat.
24-03-2014, 07:46 PM
(24-03-2014 06:45 PM)natachan Wrote:  And rotten tomatoes has spoken! 40%. Splat.

With five reviews. While other things that just opened have over a hundred.

Is this thing just ridiculously low key or something, or do people just not give a care? Huh Even taking into account limited release it seems pathetic.

And unfortunately, the user rating is more positive. 86%.
24-03-2014, 08:51 PM
There are other reviews out there. Most are scathing, even from Christians. Only positives I've seen is from the dyed-in-the-wool faith heads who applaud anything Jesus.
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
24-03-2014, 09:14 PM
No.

And I doubt that there is a big customer base outside of the Southern US and Afghanistan.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
25-03-2014, 11:34 AM
More than likely this movie was meant to be played in churches, instead of theaters.

Captive audience and all that.

"Why are you so angry at god" ? is one of the lines the new freshman who thinks he knows everything says.

"God cheated off me in math class. I never forgave him for that. I have since held a very long grudge. He was always teachers pet"

In essence the movie is a joke. It builds a large strawman and then nails it to a cross.
They like nailing things to crosses. I don't know why. Such a god awful religion

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
25-03-2014, 11:38 AM
It seems to just be absurd caricatures of people they don't like, sappy feel-goody portrayals of Christians and people converting to Christianity, and the general fetish with feeling persecuted all wrapped up into one. Sounds like a recipe for nausea.

[Image: giphy.gif]
25-03-2014, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 12:35 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Just remember folks: This drivel is aimed at the people who think Kirk Cameron can actually act his way out of a wet paper bag without being upstaged by a 2x4 with a smiley face spray painted on it. Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Almost every single post on my Facebook or Twitter feed has pertained to this movie. Basically the consensus has been "BEST. MOVIE. EVER." I've been told by so many people that it's a "must see" movie. No

Then again I do live in the South, and the movie was on the local news. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
25-03-2014, 11:22 PM
I'm guessing this film will be a series of interviews with church goers about what a kick-ass time they're having being all pious and shit...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user