God is Not Dead movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2014, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 09:30 AM by Alex_Leonardo.)
RE: God is Not Dead movie
Oh my, It seems I've hit a vein of 10/10 reviews.
THE STUPID! IT BURNS!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
26-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Having not seen the movie, only trailers, my biggest problem with the movie, of which there are a great many problems one could list, is that it teaches Christians to remain ignorant, mistrusting, and fearful of higher education.

It does this by reinforcing the misguided Christian notion (some Christian’s notions, not all) that college and college professors will dogmatically force you to denounce your religion, even to the comical extent of actually being required to sign a declaration that “God is Dead”.

It teaches Christians (the particularly gullible ones anyway) that higher education is something to fear, and not trust. And that the “supposed college educated experts” all have a godless agenda in everything they do. We needn’t trust climatologist on climate change, virologist on vaccinations, cosmologist on the big bang, and least of all biologist on evolution.

Though in that short trailer I can see an over abundance of bullshit misrepresentation of an atheist (for one, we are not mad at “God”, we don’t believe “he” exist to be mad at) to me the anti intellectual, anti education aspect is the worst.

I feel hopeful that this type of movie will in the end have no real impact, as the only Christians why will take it seriously are the ones who already buy into its concepts anyway. I have a number of Christian friends whom if they watched this movie would laugh at it, because it’s obviously not a realistic representation, and I think even they would see that.

But unfortunately I have a small handful of other Christian friends that if they saw this movie they would be shocked that that is what really happens in college. Or, years later would stupidly recount the “true story” of a “friend of theirs” who once went to college and had this atheist professor who…

[+] 5 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
26-03-2014, 09:29 AM
(26-03-2014 09:24 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I feel hopeful that this type of movie will in the end have no real impact, as the only Christians why will take it seriously are the ones who already buy into its concepts anyway. I have a number of Christian friends whom if they watched this movie would laugh at it, because it’s obviously not a realistic representation, and I think even they would see that.
Too late.
THE STUPID! IT BURNS!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
26-03-2014, 09:50 AM
(24-03-2014 08:16 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Has anyone seen this new hilarious movie. I just watched the trailer and it seems like the same science backs it up, we're being prosecuted, he helped me through a hard time and turn the one evil atheist into a believer back story. I was hoping they actually were going to be accurate in their portrayal of atheist today but of course they choose the low road and paint the similar inaccurate portrayal ( in relation to the atheist professor). I guess I understand it though its the same type of misleading information that is presented all the time from religious people today. Probably will still see it just to see what new ammo theist will have but that's solely it. Thoughts?

I haven't seen it and probably won't. But I take comfort in its existence because it strikes me as evidence that at least some Christians see a need for this movie. They must be feeling as though atheists are making inroads and they're fighting back (even using desperate strawman lies). The title itself even implies this.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
26-03-2014, 09:55 AM
(25-03-2014 09:13 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  Almost every single post on my Facebook or Twitter feed has pertained to this movie. Basically the consensus has been "BEST. MOVIE. EVER." I've been told by so many people that it's a "must see" movie. No
Don't tell me, don't tell me... those people in the consensus were all on their knees, wearing blindfolds, with their tongues hanging out. Am I right? Wink

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
26-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Anyone else not putting it past them that a lot of the 10/10 reviews are people 'lying for Jesus' and just trying to boost the film's notoriety without necessarily having seen it? I mean, how many of them think the Bible is the divine work of the creator of the universe and yet can't bothered to read the whole damn thing? I rest my case... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Some of those 10/10 reviews are also rather offensive. From one:

"Why are you offended? We do this because we love you and want you to be saved!"

"I know it's biased but most movies that come out are left leaning, so it's ok."

"If you didn't like it you must be the type who wanted Rocky to lose the fight."
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
26-03-2014, 11:11 AM
(26-03-2014 12:05 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I think we should all host a skype session one day where we all watch and gawk at this film. Shitty Movie Saturday!

I heartily endorse this proposition.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
26-03-2014, 02:56 PM
(26-03-2014 10:50 AM)natachan Wrote:  Some of those 10/10 reviews are also rather offensive. From one:

"Why are you offended? We do this because we love you and want you to be saved!

That's just patronizing bullshit...

The more I hear about Heaven, the more dull, boring and shit it sounds.

At least Hell has plenty of Rock music, strippers and beer.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2014, 03:04 PM
(26-03-2014 02:56 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  That's just patronizing bullshit...

The more I hear about Heaven, the more dull, boring and shit it sounds.

At least Hell has plenty of Rock music, strippers and beer.

Eh?

You must be thinking of the wrong heaven.

Heaven has a stripper factory and beer volcano. And pirates.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster says so.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post