God is Real: Worshippable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Let's play pretend and say that yesterday God revealed himself to the world, made sure it was 100% garaunteed undebatable that he was indeed God, The God, The one true God.

God said something along the lines of, "I'm not changing anything, I just wanted you guys to shut up about how I work in mysterious ways and that's why I never show you my pretty face, so go back to normal, and know that the bible is true, and bye."

What do you do?

Would you stop cutting your hair and shaving? Would you ladies stop wearing pants and keep your motuhs shut and your hands full of sandwhich making stuff? Would you pray for forgiveness and beg for heaven, cry for hell?

I am pretty sure I would cry. I would cry for the utter fucked up pointlessness that life had suddenly become to me, and the idea that we are all being controlled by an evil dictator. The horrible future my daughter would for sure have waiting for her. I would stress out about going to hell, knowing there was no way I wouldn't be going there, and knowing that I was sent there by someone under the guise of love and understanding, all the while being somewhat under control of that very someone.

I would know that I could never love the god from the bible. I don't hate god now, simply because I don't believe in his likelyhood. If God were proven to me, and it was for sure the same god that has been written about for a long ass time... you bet I'd hate him.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like lucradis's post
20-10-2012, 05:32 PM
RE: God is Real: Worshippable?
I'd either kill him or myself, not sure which.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
20-10-2012, 05:35 PM
(20-10-2012 05:30 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Let's play pretend and say that yesterday God revealed himself to the world, made sure it was 100% garaunteed undebatable that he was indeed God, The God, The one true God.

God said something along the lines of, "I'm not changing anything, I just wanted you guys to shut up about how I work in mysterious ways and that's why I never show you my pretty face, so go back to normal, and know that the bible is true, and bye."

What do you do?

Would you stop cutting your hair and shaving? Would you ladies stop wearing pants and keep your motuhs shut and your hands full of sandwhich making stuff? Would you pray for forgiveness and beg for heaven, cry for hell?

I am pretty sure I would cry. I would cry for the utter fucked up pointlessness that life had suddenly become to me, and the idea that we are all being controlled by an evil dictator. The horrible future my daughter would for sure have waiting for her. I would stress out about going to hell, knowing there was no way I wouldn't be going there, and knowing that I was sent there by someone under the guise of love and understanding, all the while being somewhat under control of that very someone.

I would know that I could never love the god from the bible. I don't hate god now, simply because I don't believe in his likelyhood. If God were proven to me, and it was for sure the same god that has been written about for a long ass time... you bet I'd hate him.

I'd go sign up with Satan's minions to depose the evil prick.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
20-10-2012, 05:40 PM
I'd want to know "which bible?"
20-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Yeah, if that were to happen I would side with Satan.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
20-10-2012, 05:53 PM
(20-10-2012 05:40 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I'd want to know "which bible?"

I was going to ask the same thing.. Is this God coming down from planet Kolob or just flat out new and old testament bible.

I still don't think he is worship-able.. but is that even a requirement to get in heaven? Because even if I was forced to go to Heaven I guess I would turn into a mindless drone that has no sadness and just worships God but I really needed that free will.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
20-10-2012, 06:00 PM
(20-10-2012 05:30 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Let's play pretend and say that yesterday God revealed himself to the
I am pretty sure I would cry. I would cry for the utter fucked up pointlessness that life had suddenly become to me, and the idea that we are all being controlled by an evil dictator.

Pretty much. My first thought was, with all the genocide and hating and smiting people for no good reason, the Christian god seems to have a lot in common with Hitler, just on a larger scale. Doesn't seem like the sort of fellow I'd willingly be nice to, much less worship and obey.

If I didn't just off myself, I'd certainly join up with the devil to oppose him.

But again, it depends on which god, what powers he has, etc., but I can't think of any gods offhand I'd really be down with worshiping.
20-10-2012, 06:07 PM
I say, "hey god, yeah you, I' talkin' ta you". (Al Pacino accent).
So Jeebus "saved" us did he. Why is everything the same then ?
What changed ?
I want my money back.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Lucradis, in this hypothetical situation, you seem to have a Calvinistic view of God. I'm so proud of you!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
20-10-2012, 06:55 PM
(20-10-2012 06:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Lucradis, in this hypothetical situation, you seem to have a Calvinistic view of God. I'm so proud of you!

Why would you be proud of something that was foreordained? It's not something he thought up on his own. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post