RE: God is Real: Worshippable?
But that would never happen so...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Mark, I didn't bother to specify which bible or really even which faith because in the end they all say pretty much the same thing, just with an extra character here or there. Besides I think if there were a god that had existed as any one of the holy books has suggested he did then I find it highly likely that his being would be just the kind of douche that would leave things open ended enough to cause some serious violence.

KC, of course. I find the idea that there is a god that can see the future of events, and controls all things and yet somehow doesn't control us unfathomable. But it's all the same difference in the end. God makes life more pointless than it already is.

Having god in the equation, in almost all scenarios makes everything pointless and my desire to continue living... gone. Why bother if I am not the one choosing? Where is the joy if I am not the one having it?

The only god scenario that makes me not hate god and gives me hope of there being a god and me still being able to enjoy life (that I can think of) is the accidental god. The god who whoopsed us into existence and may or may not even know we are here. The chemist. I can forgive a guy who whoopsed.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
20-10-2012, 09:07 PM
I'd still question if it was a real god. How would we know the proof it offered wasn't just a trick of some highly advanced technology that is far beyond or current comprehension.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
20-10-2012, 11:27 PM

You bitch because God doesn't "prove" Himself, and then you bitch when He does.

You want to be an atheist; you like being an atheist, so be one. Apparently even if God showed Himself to you, you wouldn't want to believe it.

It's pathetic, really.
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 11:31 PM
AW: RE: God is Real: Worshippable?
(20-10-2012 11:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  You bitch because God doesn't "prove" Himself, and then you bitch when He does.

You want to be an atheist; you like being an atheist, so be one. Apparently even if God showed Himself to you, you wouldn't want to believe it.

It's pathetic, really.
You're mistaken, buddy. There is a big difference between acknowledging the existence of something and worshipping it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
20-10-2012, 11:46 PM
(20-10-2012 11:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  You bitch because God doesn't "prove" Himself, and then you bitch when He does.

It's pathetic, really.

He never said he wouldn't "want" to believe in him (though why anyone would "want" to believe in a being that does horrible horrible things in the name of "love" is beyond me anyway).
He just said he'd be skeptical.

Not everyone actively wants to believe in something with every fibre of their body no matter how wrong it is like you Egor.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
21-10-2012, 12:17 AM
I made a topic along these lines somewhat recently.

My answer is still the same.

Even if a god revealed itself to me, that doesn't automatically mean that I would worship it. And as others pointed out in that thread, no reward is worth giving up your integrity for.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
21-10-2012, 03:31 AM
Tee hee Big Grin "I won't worship you, human" said the bacteria. "Fine then, DIE," said the ego-obsessed mad scientist.

But if God were real I'd not be a happy bacteria. Definitely be looking to sign up with the Resistance. He *could* however, just reprogram me or torture me - then I'd be a little God-robot. I'd come hunting for the atheist scumbags to make them just like me.
21-10-2012, 03:50 AM
(21-10-2012 03:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Tee hee Big Grin "I won't worship you, human" said the bacteria. "Fine then, DIE," said the ego-obsessed mad scientist.

But if God were real I'd not be a happy bacteria. Definitely be looking to sign up with the Resistance. He *could* however, just reprogram me or torture me - then I'd be a little God-robot. I'd come hunting for the atheist scumbags to make them just like me.

Oh, God would never do such a thing. If He did, then you'd have people going door to door proselytizing, killing in the name of their gods, ..............

Oh, wait ... Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-10-2012, 05:49 AM
I would say, it's time for a little revolution.
And with my last breath, i would shout him in his face: You are not real, but i was, motherfucker!

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post