God is a terrible father

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: God is a terrible father
(29-06-2015 12:18 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Says the close minded who can only observe what they can explain

The problem isn't observing things we can't explain. The problem is filling in explanations for things you observe with no evidence to substantiate said explanation. "I don't know" is an honest answer. "God" is a bullshit answer.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
29-06-2015, 12:31 PM
(29-06-2015 12:18 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Says the close minded who can only observe what they can explain

I'm supposed to be offended that I don't talk out of my ass?

Prove your deity is responsible for all these paths and shit you're rambling about. And when I say "prove", I mean actual evidence, not these feeble attempts at deepeties that make you sound like the annoying guy who thinks he's Socrates after 2 hits off a joint.
[+] 4 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
29-06-2015, 12:39 PM
No attempt to offend. Although I have thought about it. It will not help us.
29-06-2015, 12:58 PM
(27-06-2015 11:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Or perhaps you wouldn't and I could prove my theory on chaos first hand by tearing your fucking throat out with my teeth.

There is good and evil in all of us.

I strongly suggest you maybe take a moment to read our rules.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-06-2015, 02:18 PM
If I broke a rule I apologize. I will keep my temper in check.
29-06-2015, 02:38 PM
(27-06-2015 11:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Anyone can gape there cum dumpster about and spew dead seamen form miles away. I promise you would speak with mutual respect if you were next to me. Or perhaps you wouldn't and I could prove my theory on chaos first hand by tearing your fucking throat out with my teeth.

That's actually pretty fucking funny if made in jest. Forum probably need to get to know you a little better to be surely you jest is all.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-06-2015, 03:26 PM
God is a terrible father
I want a citation that a plant can choose to go about its own path.
29-06-2015, 04:05 PM
(29-06-2015 02:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 11:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Anyone can gape there cum dumpster about and spew dead seamen form miles away. I promise you would speak with mutual respect if you were next to me. Or perhaps you wouldn't and I could prove my theory on chaos first hand by tearing your fucking throat out with my teeth.

That's actually pretty fucking funny if made in jest. Forum probably need to get to know you a little better to be surely you jest is all.

The first was apparently foreshadowing of his contribution to this thread. Skeet. Skeet. Skeet.
30-06-2015, 05:37 AM
(27-06-2015 10:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are looking at things from a selfish perspective. We are all from one source. Wasn't talking about in animate objects. Even planets are life. Fate as in fate of humanity. Energy is positive (good) or negative (bad). If a plant wanted to go off the path and dye as a result it could. But it cherishes life and the opportunity to live it to its fullest extent. Good point about the astroid. Earth will not be our keeper in this material form forever. I thought I said that but maybe it was a different post. Anyway who is to say a great unity with all humanity and creation through making conscious effort to do right in all that we do wouldn't lead to amazing things beyond comprehension. End hunger, greed and all pain from it, we could change our fate. No doubt.

You are looking at things from a very presuppositional perspective. Every thing you said above requires you to presuppose that it's true and has no evidence outside of those assumptions.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
30-06-2015, 05:41 AM
It is presupposeitional in nature.

I believe it 100%.

Indeed the existence of the one Lord is without doubt.