God is about to punish humanity again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2012, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 05:54 PM by Janus.)
God is about to punish humanity again!
The island of Santorini (a.k.a. Thera) was raised by 3 to 6 inches within the last year. The magma chamber underneath the island is flooding with millions of tonnes of more magma under high pressure.
If it erupts it is a sign of God, of course. If it erupts BIG – like it did 3,600 years ago when it destroyed the Minoan civilisation and opened the Red Sea for Moses – it is a Punishment from God! Because the erupted ash will be circling the planet for years, wreaking havoc with weather and climate systems, causing crops worldwide to fail for years, killing hundreds of millions of people by starvation!

Bend over, boys and girls! Here it comes!

At the same time that a BIG eruption would 'prove' God, it would also prove, but really, evolution.
Because of course people with money, the rich, will survive, if even barely. And the people without money, the poor, will die off. Will effectively go extinct...!

See here, ladies and gentlemen, we may have a fantastic opportunity to see evolution at work, planetwide, in our lifetimes (if long enough...). Natural selection... Survival of the fittest... Bla-di-bla...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: God is about to punish humanity again!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR595MxraWX5Tp37yqbZup...dgz38eD42s]

Do you really think its god or are you being sarcastic???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-09-2012, 05:53 PM
That article says it's last significant eruption was 70 years ago. I don't remember hundreds of millions being killed by a volcano then. Though I suppose it did have WW2 to contend with. Though, if we accept like you said that a big eruption is God's doing to kill us then all that shows is that we humans have now become better at genocide than God. After all, WW2 killed more that the volcano. Which, in turn, really says something about how weak God is. Genocide's his strongest subject and now we can even beat him at that.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 4 users Like Hughsie's post
09-09-2012, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 06:08 PM by Janus.)
(09-09-2012 05:51 PM)bemore Wrote:  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR595MxraWX5Tp37yqbZup...dgz38eD42s]

Do you really think its god or are you being sarcastic???

I'm covering my bases! Big Grin
Just in case...

Anyway, I hope God and St. Peter get overtime because they will be putting in looong hours at the pearly gates processing, and rejecting of course, those hundreds of millions of souls that God killed that will come knocking.
[+] 2 users Like Janus's post
09-09-2012, 06:13 PM
[Image: 1192599-riveting_tale_chap.jpg]

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 2 users Like robotworld's post
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 06:59 PM by Janus.)
(09-09-2012 05:53 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  That article says it's last significant eruption was 70 years ago.

The last significant eruption was 3,600 years ago. The others were peanuts.

Quote:I don't remember hundreds of millions being killed by a volcano then. Though I suppose it did have WW2 to contend with. Though, if we accept like you said that a big eruption is God's doing to kill us then all that shows is that we humans have now become better at genocide than God. After all, WW2 killed more that the volcano. Which, in turn, really says something about how weak God is. Genocide's his strongest subject and now we can even beat him at that.

You forget Noah and the Flood. It – God – killed the whole world! Every living thing!
Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot, a.o., gave it a whirl and got quite busy for years, but in the end only managed to kill a few million (Pol Pot), or a few scores of millions (Hitler, Stalin, Mao) at the outside. Genghis Khan did much better: he wiped out a seventh of the global population, about 14%. Still pitifully short of the Lord's 99,999% score.
09-09-2012, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 06:23 PM by Free Thought.)
Okay, what?

I fear I missed something along the trail here.. Serious or no?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-09-2012, 06:27 PM
(09-09-2012 06:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay, what?

I fear I missed something along the trail here.. Serious or no?

It's free thought, Free Thought. Take it as you will.
09-09-2012, 06:34 PM
(09-09-2012 06:18 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 05:53 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  That article says it's last significant eruption was 70 years ago. I don't remember hundreds of millions being killed by a volcano then. Though I suppose it did have WW2 to contend with. Though, if we accept like you said that a big eruption is God's doing to kill us then all that shows is that we humans have now become better at genocide than God. After all, WW2 killed more that the volcano. Which, in turn, really says something about how weak God is. Genocide's his strongest subject and now we can even beat him at that.

You forget Noah and the Flood. It – God – killed the whole world! Every living thing!
Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot, a.o., gave it a whirl and got quite busy for years, but in the end only managed to kill a few million (Pol Pot), or a few scores of millions (Hitler, Stalin, Mao) at the outside. Genghis Khan did much better: he wiped out a seventh of the global population, about 14%. Still pitifully short of the Lord's 99,999% score.

I would say this is a very good demonstration of Poe's Law. I really can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not No From your previous posts, I infer that you are sarcastic Big Grin

But do you know what will eventually have a better high score than God? THE SUN! The Sun will eat us up in 5 billion years (est.)!!! Repent to the Sun and hope that your death is quick and merciful.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
09-09-2012, 06:54 PM
(09-09-2012 06:13 PM)robotworld Wrote:  [Image: 1192599-riveting_tale_chap.jpg]

Freaking Hercules.... Marvel needs to star him in another comics run soon!