God is about to punish humanity again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2012, 06:56 PM
RE: God is about to punish humanity again!
(09-09-2012 06:27 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 06:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay, what?

I fear I missed something along the trail here.. Serious or no?

It's free thought, Free Thought. Take it as you will.

But none of it makes sense and I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2012, 07:01 PM
(09-09-2012 06:34 PM)robotworld Wrote:  Repent to the Sun and hope that your death is quick and merciful.

God will get you first.
09-09-2012, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 07:13 PM by Janus.)
(09-09-2012 06:56 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 06:27 PM)Janus Wrote:  It's free thought, Free Thought. Take it as you will.

But none of it makes sense and I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

This thread is not about me, FT, it's about a bloody big bang about to pop that may do half of us all in. Who the fuck cares whether God, Allah, or mother nature did it? That's totally irrelevant. Religion is totally irrelevant in the face of epic, global disaster. As is science, BTW.
09-09-2012, 07:09 PM
(09-09-2012 05:46 PM)Janus Wrote:  If it erupts it is a sign of God, of course. If it erupts BIG – like it did 3,600 years ago when it destroyed the Minoan civilisation and opened the Red Sea for Moses – it is a Punishment from God! Because the erupted ash will be circling the planet for years, wreaking havoc with weather and climate systems, causing crops worldwide to fail for years, killing hundreds of millions of people by starvation!

Bend over, boys and girls! Here it comes!

At the same time that a BIG eruption would 'prove' God, it would also prove, but really, evolution.

(09-09-2012 06:18 PM)Janus Wrote:  You forget Noah and the Flood. It – God – killed the whole world! Every living thing!
Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot, a.o., gave it a whirl and got quite busy for years, but in the end only managed to kill a few million (Pol Pot), or a few scores of millions (Hitler, Stalin, Mao) at the outside. Genghis Khan did much better: he wiped out a seventh of the global population, about 14%. Still pitifully short of the Lord's 99,999% score.

Prove God? Pshaw. It will prove that Nostradamus was the one TRUE prophet! And also that all those countless people predicting vague destruction prophecies (a great darkness! the earth shall rumble! there will be much sorrow!) were all actual voices for their gods. But since they're ALL correct, that must mean that ALL gods exist! PRAISE ZEUS AND HIS MIGHTY FIST OF JUSTICE! Truly the volcano is the god Hades protesting, because he knows his days are numbered.

Like the others, I can't tell if you're serious yet. But if you are, do you really think YOU are one of the chosen people destined for heaven? You're glorifying death like you're aroused by it. The Lord is really good at murdering!! Fap fap fap.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
09-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Am I the only one that could sense the sarcasm in the post of Janus?

I love how the religious use natural causes as "proof" of god...

Facts: The volcano has erupted before, significantly. It has erupted numerous other times. Under certain conditions, there is a possibility it could erupt significantly again. Therefore, it's probable to assume it could happen again.

The question to ask is: Is this being thrown out of proportion? Is there really a risk of millions being killed? Who would directly be affected by this?

On the scale of things, millions compared to the 7 billion would not be the potential of mass extinction of our species. It would be an unfortunate event indeed, however, sounds to be more likely to affect people in the immediate area.
09-09-2012, 07:24 PM
(09-09-2012 07:08 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 06:56 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  But none of it makes sense and I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

This thread is not about me, FT, it's about a bloody big bang about to pop that may do half of us all in. Who the fuck cares whether God, Allah, or mother nature did it? That's totally irrelevant. Religion is totally irrelevant in the face of epic, global disaster. As is science, BTW.

The article did not mention mass destruction scale eruption. did it?

And besides if you are going to rattle off the names of gods you may was well get it right! What about Vulcan! Smile

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-09-2012, 07:27 PM
(09-09-2012 07:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-09-2012 07:08 PM)Janus Wrote:  This thread is not about me, FT, it's about a bloody big bang about to pop that may do half of us all in. Who the fuck cares whether God, Allah, or mother nature did it? That's totally irrelevant. Religion is totally irrelevant in the face of epic, global disaster. As is science, BTW.

The article did not mention mass destruction scale eruption. did it?

And besides if you are going to rattle off the names of gods you may was well get it right! What about Vulcan! Smile

This is just proof that the flying spaghetti monster is real. He wants to boil the waters of earth! He wants to burn everything! WE WILL BOIL FOR OUR SINS!
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
09-09-2012, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 11:29 PM by Janus.)
(09-09-2012 07:16 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Facts: The volcano has erupted before, significantly. It has erupted numerous other times. Under certain conditions, there is a possibility it could erupt significantly again. Therefore, it's probable to assume it could happen again.

The question to ask is: Is this being thrown out of proportion? Is there really a risk of millions being killed? Who would directly be affected by this?

On the scale of things, millions compared to the 7 billion would not be the potential of mass extinction of our species. It would be an unfortunate event indeed, however, sounds to be more likely to affect people in the immediate area.

What happened to the population of Thera happened to the people of e.g. Pompeii. That's what happens to the people in the immediate vicinity. That's ash, rocks, and lava descending on the surface because it is heavier than air. Up to 99% of the volume of erupted material however, maybe lighter than air! Socalled fly-ash. That stuff will stay up in the upper atmosphere for years, circling the planet with the weather systems, filtering, read: obstructing, sunlight from reaching the growing crops that depend on it. So they don't. Grow, that is. Crops fail, and food prices rise globally. And the poor die in their hundreds of millions.
09-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Are you talking globally when it comes to obstruction in the atmosphere? Or immediate vicinity? Since weather and that kind of thing do move around.
09-09-2012, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 07:46 PM by Janus.)
In the case of a BIG Santorini eruption it's main effects worldwide – sunscreen – will probably be limited to the northern hemisphere due to the prevailing weather systems, which don't mix much. North and south, that is.
But of course the southern hemisphere will be used to try and pick up the slack in food production in the north, and that will transform it massively.